Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(Enchanted.) Birthday Negotiations.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Writers' Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leni
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: (Enchanted.) Birthday Negotiations. Reply with quote

TITLE: Birthday Negotiations
AUTHOR: Leni
DISCLAIMER: Disney owns. I play.
SUMMARY: Set a few weeks after the movie's end.
WORDCOUNT: 300

Written for Fanfic Bake Off. Prompt: catch

---

Morgan Philip must be the only girl in Manhattan to ask for a sewer rat for her seventh birthday.

"But, honey." Her father checks that Giselle is still in the kitchen, taking advanced lessons on dishwashing from the neighbor's dalmatian (after an incident that involved three terriers, a panicked cat and a complicate choreography, they'd discovered that dog-walking suited her stepmother-to-be perfectly). Reassured that Giselle's attention is on the electric appliance, her father's tone is stern, "Rats are unsanitary." Pause. "It means 'dirty'."

Morgan knows that already. Explaining the Times' front page to their baffled housemate has done more than the last semester at school - in fact, the second item on her birthday list is a dictionary. Not that her father got that far before he signalled Morgan at the dinner table to join him in the living room.

Her dad really has a problem with Giselle's 'guests', even when they're gone long before he comes from work. The bugs were banned completely (though Giselle has assigned them to clean the outside of the windows), the rats weren't to enter the kitchen, and the doves were to pick their feathers before they were gone.

"Some of them like cleanliness," she tries.

Her father doesn't budge.

"It wouldn't have to stay in my room, dad." Her fledgling negotiating skills should impress him, not make him frown. But then, Giselle has no negotiating skills whatsoever and her dad does pretty much whatever she wants. With that in mind, Morgan takes a page from Giselle's book and catches him in a hug, raising up to him the widest eyes and a trusting smile that makes any deserving man into a real-world Prince Charming.

He stiffens. "Morgan."

With a sigh, she draws back. She'll need a new strategy. "Yes, daddy?"

"What about a pony?"

The End
13/02/10
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sooo cuttteee
Leni
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*grins* thanks!

I was just setting to write another mini for this movie. Any chance you remember the name of the girlfriend, you know, the one that ended up marrying Charming?
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Nancy (same as my mom) what I remember for sure is that she was played by the fabulous Idina Menzel, but i would have liked for her to sing.
Leni
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it was Nancy. I just wiki'd it. I've polishing the new drabble into 300 words - should be posting it in an hour or two. Wink

Btw, check out fanfic_bakeoff. Great playground to be in. XD
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://kitteninthedark.livejournal.com(174274.html

The new 'Enchanted' story. Quite longer than expected, and I'm still poking at the ending, but it's posted. Smile
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even cuter and sweeter, brings a smile to my face without being saccharine. just like the film. how'd you do that?
Leni
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thanks! I wish all characters were as easy to play with as these. Iy was good fun writing it. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Writers' Workshop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: