Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hail! From the Heartland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Hi Everyone!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Hail! From the Heartland Reply with quote

I found you on Chuckit25’s favorite/book mark list on his computer at his place; (we keep running as a hide out for women and kids escaping abuse) he is mostly still in Guatemala working for women there (sculpture stuff is still in high demand); and slywolf512, his daughter is doing the real thing veeeerrrry successfully, cultural anthropology-wise. I have a 7 yr old boy.

I ever happy Very Happy to see so many names I already know so well. e.g. Bonneleah and Lucinda (HI!) Maybe I know more of you—WHEE—however, it is the different board names that are a little changed, for one reason or another.

As for the wonderful Very Happy “Paranormal Project” including several writers, Darkstar and Ares, I see at this forum, Librarian’s stories have complimented my love of Giles’ tweedy research bones. Angelus side of Angel is more accentuated—maybe a Jossian or even English sensibility than my view of Angel, but is so well done, as are the insightful, emotional, and clever tales by other authors there at “Paranormal” I hope to join discussions later.

And I beg your indulgence because in the burning gouge that once held my lungs and left ventricle, it’s the Giles “problem” and the fall out of the scoobs, leaving Buffy so devastated, right now from season 8 that I feel too stricken to enjoy anything other than fans ideas and commiseration—which the “Paranormal” landscape isn’t about (in its pure B/A goodness, with Giles as “tour guid” and “research” which is already too greedy a feast to share with complicating stories of Xander and Willow—I do understand).

I have to add that while I have tried to be all balanced and reasonable, behold the glory of story god Joss, and avoid pure shippiness with so many fandoms, I really hope its okay to let down my hair here for my truest RABID love of Buffy and Angel!

THANKS FOR LETTING ME COME AND PLAY AND LEARN WITH YOU!
HUGS!
sybil
dorotea
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sybil,

I am very glad to see you here. And don't feel too burned out by S8 - read the issue 39 thread (if you wish). Maybe you will see some light in the end of the tunnel.
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, my dearings,DOROTEA! I am so happy to see you here (as well as Cheryl and Lucinda from the other board)

I have been reading the threads and agree that B/A is never in danger as long as Buffy is really Buffy. I do not want some narrative balance of "I hate you" being said to Angel, Shocked Sad as Buffy has said so often to Spike. Twisted Evil

I think Angel will be in shock regarding Giles and I do want Buffy in search for Harmony; it's just poetic. I really do think that a small discussion on why these soulless vampires get a pass on both shows would be interesting, maybe. I'm looking at you, Spike.
Afterall, we have bushels of new slayers. I know Joss believes the worst are redeemable, but I really think his way of doing it SUCKS HARD.
Just sayin' hee. Embarassed

I so look forward to your take on season 9 because she note what is missing e.g. your comment on Buffy had to be looking for Angel, if she thought he was hiding. ha! I also appreciate how you can put puzzles together fairly and impartially, even though you ship B/A. I do get tired of the double standard of claims of no bias, and when called on it, the post suddenly is to be understood as merely the opinion of a fan. The both ways. I also think you have a deeper sympathetic understanding of these characters that isn't all squishy, like walking with bologna in your shows, and you really know how to clarify a POV in the same events.

I honestly don't know if I'll pay for season 9 or go in collections. But I will follow you around slavishly! I hope others here will be encouraged because of YOU, especially we fans who are really messed up about Giles and the Scoobs. Well, we have nine or more months to go blind, dark, or mad "having a baby "over 'what have they done to our song.' So there is that.

THANK YOU, again, DOROTEA. May peace secure your joy!
HUGS! Heart Very Happy
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sybil, and welcome! I'm sure you'll love it here (although I beg you be patient; some of us, like myself, have been very sluggish about our activity on the boards lately).

Didn't recognize those names in your first paragraph...who's bookmarking us?? Smile
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuckit25 knows Cheryl, Librarian, Lucinda and others here go all the way back to Duck’s Babble Board days. How I got here is because of watching BTVS from the beginning and meeting chuckit25 in my darkest hour.

And don’t worry about not posting. I have written so much long sludge that anyone trying to read it might die for the trying. I am just grateful I have found you and don’t hold back anything, let alone my water. Ha! I know I have to get a grip or I’ll be asked to leave the board for not following the thread topics and that general kind of rudeness, Mr. Green but I know you people are so kind and have tolerated a lot of, shall we say, misinformation Evil or Very Mad and recognize a person floundering trying to shower off all the druck! Wink Ha!

Thank you for your welcome. I am so happy, I am quite goofy and just glad you haven’t tossed me out the door for making such a mess around here! I’ll try to get some of that rational and coherence in just the sublime and stately posts I see here as comprehensive, clear and refreshing in complete understanding!

Hugs!
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Sybil,

Welcome. I remember Duck's Babble board. Wow! That goes waaaay back. I'm pleased that you found us here. And I am especially pleased that you enjoy Project Paranormal.

Ares
The Librarian
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sybil, and welcome!

Chuckit25? You got here via Chuckit25 I miss him and Slywolf512! Sybil, do me a favour please? A long time ago, Chuckit wrote to me, and he had problems accessing the site, and Project Paranormal. I wrote back - several times - but my emails were returned as undeliverable. Tell him we miss him, and to come play with us!

:~))

But I see you're following in his footsteps!

Glad to see you here.

Jo
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sybil – welcome to the forum!

Quote:
As for the wonderful “Paranormal Project” including several writers, Darkstar and Ares, I see at this forum, Librarian’s stories have complimented my love of Giles’ tweedy research bones. Angelus side of Angel is more accentuated—maybe a Jossian or even English sensibility than my view of Angel, but is so well done, as are the insightful, emotional, and clever tales by other authors there at “Paranormal” I hope to join discussions later.

Why thank you! I’m so pleased you enjoyed our Project Paranormal tales, and I hope to see you at the PP discussions. The more the merrier!

"Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you all had very happy celebrations and feel inspired with joy and hope in your lives in the new year.

My dear JO! I am at chuckit’s computer now! He is in Guatemala and slywolf512 is in Spain, I think. Because chuckit is trying to make some headway for women and children in some pretty remote, seriously dangerous areas (culture of genocide of indigenous and free roaming drug cartels) he doesn’t spend much time on this e mail account here. But it still remains open and I think he makes an effort to follow up when he gets stateside. He still has to deal with the sculptures and art world stuff. It was a painful choice to go to Guatemala because of how he became American in the original Bush’s war. He always said he related to Angel because he was that guy. Ha!

Sly did a lot of work on the Basques who left a very Celtic way of communicating on the aspen trees and that took her to dealing with the Nazi party murders/mass graves of Basque in WWII. A surprising response occurred in that so many didn’t want to know or remember because these guys are still alive. She still had visions of a basis in language from Africa that was pretty revolutionary, but still can’t pursue it. That’s what I got. She shows up to see her Dad, but I don’t live here anymore either.

I think sly appreciated PP in the references being so carefully notated and used so imaginatively in those stories even if ‘looking up Joss’s stuff’ did have an influence on her career choice.

I know these e mails are still open. So many people have multiple accounts for different reasons. I am still trying to figure out if everyone here may have had a different name. There was a Karen on the BB. As if that Karen could be the only one in the world, but I am so happy that the B/A family finds each other somehow!

Chuckit; chuckit25@msn.com
Sly : slywolf512@msn.com

I also have a quick note to Kean!

I notice your net/real name is Irish Gaelic and was wondering if you like it and feel it gives you a kind of connection or grounding? I guess I mean Kean or more like the variant of Cian, which is “the origin” or “ancient” or if Kean, you feel more the fighter, the sharp wit or the keen eye? You seem so rooted in wisdom, yet you have the keen eye (for details that support your wisdom. Ha!.

Name meanings are connections and seem to have an influence that is surprising!

I learned to appreciate this stuff reading Robert Graves’ volumes of Mythology, which seems to be the insistent gift of both chuckit25 and slywolf to everyone they meet, in which he also tells the meaning of names. I am fascinated why people pick the avators/names they do. Even if parents did the picking of the real name. Ha!

It’s okay if you don’t answer because of privacy concerns—no offense is meant and I do appreciate vigilance on the net!

I am glad to meet you all most of all! THANKS!

HUGS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Hi Everyone! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: