Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MAKING OF A SLAYER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Misc/Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: MAKING OF A SLAYER Reply with quote

This is a new book by Nancy Holder; it's not a novel.

Nancy was deeply (personallY) trashed by Spuffy fandoms for her novels, so I was wondering if that supposed bias toward B/A actually held up in this particular book, even if the journey with Spike depicts Buffy as depressed and yet the reason Spike even tried to be good because Buffy believed he could. Or something?

It's retail price is $50. so I kinda want a bit of briefing by the trusted minds here, even if I imagine a discount price is around and I kinda like to get these compendiums, as it were, as my respect for "smelly books"-Giles--ha!

Thanks for your take or a direction to get a sense of the woeful years' treatment, specifically.

HUGS!
sybil
dorotea
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sybil,

You mean this book ?

Quote:
Celebrating the 15th anniversary of Joss Whedon’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series, this lavishly produced book is the first authorized, fully illustrated retrospective of the hit show. Offering in-depth commentary on the making of the series, the book explores the characters and mythology of the Buffy universe and follows the evolution of all seven seasons. Die-hard Whedon fans will also find insider information on his involvement in other projects, including Angel, Firefly, and more. Housed in a foil-stamped slipcase, this volume features more than 120 images, including rare behind-the-scenes photos, sketches, props and memorabilia from the Twentieth Century Fox archives, along with stills from the most pivotal on-screen moments. Tucked in the inside cover of the case is an envelope holding “Slayer Lore: Texts and Magicks for the Battle.” These 13 removable pieces are replicas of the ancient spells and prophecies the characters used on-screen to defeat vampires, demons, and other monsters, making this the ultimate treasure-trove for every Buffy fan.

Amazon has it on sale - preorder for 30$. I am not much into fancy books these days - this one looks more like a coffee table edition, than actual reference book. But if you want a gorgeous memento - this is probably the best one out there.

If she is not a big fan of later seasons (and not a biased Spuffy) I am especially interested. But so far I have no idea what's her deal in this book - I imagine it will be pretty neutral shipping-wise.

http://www.amazon.com/Buffy-Making-Slayer-Nancy-Holder/dp/1612184138/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1344871453&sr=1-1&keywords=MAKING+OF+A+SLAYER
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i got enough of the pretty (in my head, too-ha) and so I will pass on this one. I appreciate your generous and gracious response showing it and where to find out about it and even where it is on discount for those here who want to enjoy Buffy and Joss in this specific way.

Thank you! I hope some of you will find this info as useful and complete as I have!

HUGS!
sybil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Misc/Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: