Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boston Marathon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Misc/Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Boston Marathon Reply with quote

I am hoping all of you are okay in this terrible, terrible end to the Marathon.

I know these kinds of atrocities are the reality of the world, or those shaking in camps without home or country, trying to survive.

I am so sorry for this to demoralize a truly courageous and human effort toward the celebration of that human spirit, even as those who rush to help may not be trained to run away for the second blast intended to create further harm.

I can't even believe we are hearing about "gas leaks" like on Buffy. I just hope you are okay and all this terror, even if given answers, does not enslave us, even in our deep grief.

I am hugging you anyway, you are all so precious to me. I mean it. And people will be there for you. Believe it.

HUGS!
sybil
dorotea
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard about it at the beginning of the work day. My boss' wife runs in this event annually, but this year she went to Providence instead. My son knows somebody who was planning to run, and we have not heard about them yet, but I hope they are OK. I am a bit stunted myself. 2 ppl dead so far, and dare not say 'only ' two. It just does not fit into my head today. Simply does not.
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thank that fickle finger of fate for the "other choice"--I was scared people even watching would be in sheer shock in such a happy moment becoming so frightening. I think any dead is incomprehensible, for that is many people who will have their lives torn apart and hearts with deep holes. The sickening number of people hurt is too much.

That poor man falling on concrete and who knows what kind of shock his body took from that blast. I was so glad, so glad, that so many professionsals were there to get in IV's and equipment to deal with people are stretched to the very edge on electrolyes, etc. could literally save their lives that could have been lost in minutes.

Thank you for telling me that you are safe, and even better that you didn't have to see it; and you are finding some of your people--I hope you all will discover none of you are hurt, as that circle of friends and families also find each other. EVentually someone's circle finally does wind up "there." I know my relief for you sounds so selfish, but I can't help it. I feel so sad for something wonderous being turned into something so ugly and "permanent" for so many.

HUGS!
sybil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Misc/Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: