Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grimm - two days run today and tomorrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Misc/Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dorotea
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Grimm - two days run today and tomorrow Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

If you are by chance are looking into new tv series to start watching and have not discovered Grimm yet - then today and tomorrow is a good chance to jump in. They are having a two day special - with two new episodes and one of them totally centered on Monroe (werewolf sidekick of the protagonist - who is absolutely the best character on the show.)

Look up AV Clubs review of the pilot :

http://www.avclub.com/articles/grimm,64099/

and notice David Greenwalt as one of the creators and executive producer .

Mind that after the pilot episode every other ep has B ratings from AV Club - which is not that easily gained. (For comparison, Once upon a time is getting all C's)

NBC Thu, Dec 8 10:00 PM

Grimm
Danse Macabre New
A high school teacher's death kicks off an investigation that leads Nick to a troubled, young, musical prodigy.

NBC Fri, Dec 9 9:00 PM
Grimm
The Three Bad Wolves New
An arson case exposes a family feud; Monroe confronts people from his troubled past.
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the review and the reminder.

We have Grimm starting here the first week in January, and I noted the fact that the advertising said 'made by the porducers of Buffy and Angel'.

The promos, here, look good. I'm going to give it a try.

Ares
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reminders; I am following both series of Once Upon a Time and Grimm. The wolf is fabulous. Seriously. I enjoy that Grimm doesn't have it easy in "keeping the peace" between the fae world and that of humans BOTH. hee hee

DOROTEA, I just stumbled on CAROL BERG. She actually has a background in math, computers and loves to hike but writes fantasy. (Awarded) I thought maybe you might find something cozy in her approach! She seems to torture her protagonists, in the one I picked up, but I did notice she liked dragons. That makes her okay in my world. hee!

HUGS!
sybil
dorotea
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you did not notice - Grimm is back for its second season , looking more grim and AtS like than ever. Its moved to Monday 10 pm spot and I am loving it.

http://www.nbc.com/grimm/

Credits

Day & time

Mondays (10-11 p.m. ET), beginning August 13; Fridays (9-10 p.m. ET), beginning September 14

Starring

David Giuntoli, Russell Hornsby, Bitsie Tulloch, Silas Weir Mitchell, Reggie Lee, Sasha Roiz, Bree Turner

Created by

Stephen Carpenter and David Greenwalt & Jim Kouf

Executive Producers

Sean Hayes, Todd Milliner, David Greenwalt, Jim Kouf, Norberto Barba

Origination

Portland, Ore.

Produced by

Universal Television and Hazy Mills
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, shoot!

I missed the premiere and have to watch it on 2"X2".? ..bleurgh. Yes, I have this on Netflix list, but we all know the "problem" on access to new stuff of late.

I don't understand the "other premiere" in September with the day of airing shift to Friday? Is that just a day shift or are we actually doing repeats right now--catch up on season 1, as your Dec 2011 post shared for "newbies" to the series?

I do think there is a bit of hero curse in this in not informing his girlfriend because he has reason ffor fear or "losing her" or "getting her killed." Well, ignorance kills, too. (Why I love Graduation 1&2, that Buffy included the people in their knowledge and right to defend their lives and homes, etc). Does anyone think Grimm is simply a committment phobe? Naw...

Yes, the judgment on helping fae or destroying them is very BTVS, as well as ATS, which Angel actually had 4 years to figure that out and should have done better once he took over W&H. That Angel's interpretation of the Black Thorn was so obviously wrong just in "looking at it" let alone "meaning," and his new persona : so not his epiphany or even his struggle with "the puppet master/sky bully," to not give him power, in simply not playing the game (walk away--he knew W7H wouldn't kill him and he still figured he was cursed with Buffy, so what good is shanshu when you don't deserve what it means?) caused the betrayal and misuse/murder of a victim to pull off a plan of sheer hubris, most fans cheered as "genius" and "heroic,' that absolutely ruined Angel for me --and Joss did that, not the other writers' stabs at humor, until Brian Lynch redeemed him for me in ATF is absolutely what I do not want to see reprised in Grimm.

Demon of the week into the puppet master scenario raises the stakes in a more central big bad of mystery who works both worlds of fae and people as it does illuminate the very path Grimm actually must walk, and the courage and balance to do it, but I hope his friends, the favor of mercy, and his girlfriend are why he succeeds, but not in the way Joss has "made the world." That approach is very worrying in this "world power guy and his sekrit agenda" and I won't go down this road for the people I care about in a story I hope keeps track of its own promise and plot to WTF again.

HUGS!
sybil
swcoin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject: szdgdfgfdh Reply with quote

They are having a two day special - with two new episodes and one of them totally centered on Monroefifa coins
fut coins
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Misc/Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: