Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

20th Anniversary Rewatch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> General Show
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. I think, Grace, that the rewatch will work, but it will fizzle because everyone “knows the story” and investing in "disappointment and heartbreak" that the story of heartbreak NEVER GOT ANSWER, or even got to be questioned, as the whole thing rolls out for “epic” and “for the ages” TRAGEDY, is NOT what "the story" implies to even show "these are the problems preventing its' "natural completion." and by showing a repeat with NOT the protagonist even "counting?"

It just keeps feeling like a cheat because the way to make the story work just “ran out of time" or "Angel is on another network " and we all know it. We all know this thing was derailed and for what…NOT the true love? NOT the life Angel sacrificed his own happiness for her to have? For WHAT? Breaking down a woman so far she is made to act grateful for a victimization close to Stockholm syndrome within this “calling” to have only this relentless obsessive to finally get his way, is the EMPOWERED FEMALE and then to call that ABUSE as the path “seeing HE REALLY LOVES ME and that makes him so “worthy” ' is how to acknowledge the real deal of “real love?” (And that he is another vampire is no problem whatsoever to “normal” because having a boogity family is exactly what she is entitled to be saddled with, even as THEY make economic and social lives with a FUTURE, that JOSS ALSO DESTROYS—what is this story really saying here? What happened to the PROMISE of “finding a way” or “not accepting “authority” when it came to the truth and depth of her love and her need to protect them, make them safe for a “real” life; that Buffy always worked out DESPITE what “wasn’t in the books. NOT TO MENTAION, Angel also TRUSTED her to BE the RIGHT way to * live * AND * be* IN THE WORLD—not outside of it or a part from it? Because THAT is where humanity lives, perhaps? Does that sound like a recipe to ASK and DO something with “the curse” that keeps BUFFY AND ANGEL FROM the world, and outside of it?

Yeah. It really does because LOVE IS THE PATH and THAT is suddenly why “I love you” to Spike in gratifude was USED to prove that path is RIGHT and RIGHTEOUS. But NOT for Angel? She just got done saying she DOES think about a future now? But, it suddenly is IF EVER, because she needs to screw Spike to the floor boards because that will cure her of “his body” crawling over hers, but this guy is’t him, so a good f*ck will fix it all? Isn’t this PARKER all over again? BUT WITH A VAMPIRE who “just can’t” do anything BUT “stay forever.” (He is too weak to actually make an honorable way anywhere? Wasn't he a "master vampire?"

Isn’t that Angel’s sacrifice made into “something creepy” that he can even think Buffy gives a damn anymore because Angel WILL ALWAYS LEAVE, but “settling for Spike” is actually better and “more mature” because, at least he is (happy) “there ALL the time” and he fights and he f*cks and isn’t that good enough? Isn’t that called “giving up” on what you know you ACTUALLY HAD, not just “your dreams? “ (And that is why NOT asking herself to “find a way”—even asking a witch “channeling” a the ‘elemental” or a goddess—might NEVER COME UP? Would ANYONE leave someone they loved in a state or CONDITION of SELF HATE and abject misery that Angel actually lives in?

Isn’t that normally called CAVING into a STALKER? And then, in the comics, BEGGING HIM TO STAY because she is so INSECURE she can’t exist without him, but as a ghost in the world, frozen faced, waitressing and watching every one else have a life? Partying until she is “blotto”—to find out she was DRUGGED BY HER OWN FAMILY and “for her own good?” HOW IS any OF THIS EMPOWERMENT, LET ALONE “love?”

Excuse me, I need to BARF up a lung. AGAIN!

And that is what everyone is dancing around. They just can’t “do it again”—which is exactly why Spuffy continues because NO ONE REASONABLE would have EVER let ZERO effort to “look at that curse” and notice that her own calling is “twisting” her into the untenable reality “we kill to live” and not “live to kill.” EVEN warriors who really are warriors AVOID war, but engage it and literally DIE FOR PEACE. It all falls apart because Spuffy is “more mature” and NONE of the problems set forth in the narrative show the basic accomplishment of the CURRENT protagonists (Buffy and Spike) actually RECOGNIZING THERE IS A PROBLEM. It is always the “world is the problem” and “I’m the wrong one, so I have to “excuse” being wronged by everyone else.” (Dry heaves).

* 20th Century Women * has Annette Benning declare that heart break is a way to understand life.

I understand Cheryl feeling the edges worn down, softer, less sturdy to be immersed in misery. First, that is utter strength to RECOGNIZE this is NOT good, for the world is more—simply because YOU are in it, Cheryl and put your hands and heart to the task of “helping” when it is YOU who needs “sanctuary” to again find that center of light YOU ARE MORE than this and that CELEBRATION you attribute to your faith is exactly THE VERY BEAUTY that is ALSO in this world. That is why Buffy and Angel hit you so hard for it is not their tragedy, but their purest love and that enduring existence “as if” out of this world that startles YOU, who is in this world, that you RECOGNIZE true love when you are looking at it. Not to mention, this is how “just a boy and just a girl” are actually meant to be. It’s a very sacred thing and only its manifestation is to know its’ reality. THAT is why we know the “story” and recognize “the implied promise” is not waking up with a rapist in your bed that this is what you deserve and ‘dreams” of making your own family beyond that (viper’s pit of life-sucking “binkies” YOU love so much in the scoobies who actually DID change into adults and making their own VIABLE families) while Buffy keeps saying maybe someday, but at least this NON STARTER that Angel actually stated the “problem” with a vampire-human family ends in “ at least HE is happy.” And she magically is not a HALF THING. I don’t know what else to call her!

Buffy doesn’t get over ANYTHING, really. Does she? If Buffy learned with Angel that a vampire and a slayer “doesn’t work;” then REPEATING THAT PROBLEM OF CONDITION with Spike shows what? Learning? WHOSE? Learning what? Sex answers all questions? Self empowerment? FEMALE empowerment?

Well, then, “live, forgive, love” should cure all problems of BUFFY’s condition. Right? Isn’t that basically “Love your enemies as yourself”…what if YOU are your own worst enemy? THAT is why ‘sanctuary’ for others in order for them to see there is MORE than misery in the world, for they are also in it, means they then can also see themselves as the beauty in this world. That means one is then capable of actually USING free with “new eyes” on a greater wisdom and that means seeing life itself as precious, like seeing a dancer twirl before your eyes and “poof” that beauty that sent you up so high is “jus t gone forever” but YOU saw it, you felt it and you smiled, knowing it was real and important and all the darkness can’t take it away, if one only looks at the world with new eyes, it is there because YOU are there. It is exactly what love does, even in the arc of living and dying and that is where the wisdom comes that really softens “the edges” that is PURE POWER because any human being can recognize it and because it is TRUE.

I'm sorry to put the funeral on this before we had a life, Grace, but that is all I see except Elle who just can't stand the "injustice" of not telling the story right that was actually promised. After all, how is another vampire lover ever "normal"--even such a human being called a vampire is a "life sucker" and how is that "healthy?" HOW is Angel's wish for mortality and the PEACE he knew with Buffy "fulfilled" in a vampire who CAN'T DIE?

A flash of hope with a new fan is lovely because we KNOW "the story" and how it was never told: THAT is the pain. Just like Buffy and Angel. THE BETRAYAL of it all, for "keeping the faith." Well, the story is laid out and that we KNOW what is should be is not what we got and THAT is why "the love continues." Love really is forever and to BE love, will always light up the world, for that is what it is made of. And there is NOTHING more human.
HUGS
sybil
Grace Newman
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally get what you're saying, sybil. It will probably just be me talking to myself, but I'm OK with that! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Also, I watched IWRY on the day after Thanksgiving and turned it off after Buffy said, "It's perfect" and they went to sleep.

I said, "What a beautiful ending!" and went about the rest of the day very happily.
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace Newman wrote:

I said, "What a beautiful ending!" and went about the rest of the day very happily.

That's brilliant. Laughing
bonnaleah
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't sure where to put this so thought I'd stick it here until the re-watch's begin.

I just finished my ATS re-watch and since we are going to do a group re-watch...which is a great idea, I'll just post some general ramblings and wait for the re-watch to talk about the episodes.

First, can we all take a moment to appreciate the beauty of David Boreanaz. He is gorgeous no matter who he is playing, but as Angel..well I'm not sure there could be a more beautiful man....especially the first half of S5 when his hair was a little longer.

I began the re-watch thinking I'd plow through S1 quickly in order to get to the good stuff in S2. I have always loved "City of" but my memory was that there were some episodes that I wasnt that crazy about. Boy was I wrong. I loved S1. All of it. I think it's my 2nd favorite season now. I never got all the adoration for Doyle...but I do now. And Kate? Well I could have cared less about her the first time around, but now I appreciate her character and like her a lot. I know that's probably because of already knowing they weren't gonna try and make her a love interest for Angel....kinda like I don't mind Riley now. Anyway I missed her after S2.

I never realized until the re-watch how tall Wes and Gunn were. I must have only ever had eyes for Angel when I watched before, since I thought Angel kind of towered over everybody else...but there was a scene where the three of them were standing together and I was surprised to notice that Gunn was taller than Angel and Wes looked to be the same height.

I really got into the Fred/Gunn love story this time around. And I guess that's probably because I started liking Gunn so much. This time around I still felt bad for Wes, but it was clear to me that Fred really loved Gunn and had made her choice. This time around my heart went out to Gunn.

I remember the first time I watched and the story focused a lot on Lindsey and Lilah...I was just coming off of Buffy and I thought "who are these people"? I don't care about these people...I had a hard time adjusting to Angel's new life. Of course this time around I couldn't wait for Lindsey and Lilah to show up. I was struck again how totally evil Lilah is and I think she might be the most evil character on the show.

The biggest difference for me this time, is how my feelings have changed about Connor. I just really love that kid now.

I don't want to say more now and be a spoiler for Grace since she is only through S2....just that I really enjoyed my re-watch and that it changed my perceptions from my initial viewing. Wondering if anyone else has had the same experience.
Grace Newman
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't want to say more now and be a spoiler for Grace since she is only through S2....just that I really enjoyed my re-watch and that it changed my perceptions from my initial viewing. Wondering if anyone else has had the same experience.

Oh! I should have mentioned that you don't have to worry about spoiling me for AtS. It's hard to be a person on the internet and not see things, so I'm pretty spoiled for the major developments if not the individual episodes.
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELOOOOO Miss KENDRA! Well, well. I guess that makes me ANCIENT, hee hee, as I was around Buffy’s age when it started the first airing. Isn’t that JUST how young people talk: Don’t trust anyone over thrity? It just goes to show these shows reallly had legs and maybe you want to talk about why they seem to reveal more about themselves, as we grow ourselves.

I am not trying to order anyone around, but I thought maybe if we organize this rewatch, just a little, it wouldn’t die, if we kinda are responsible for parts of it. One person doing the whole job is just too much, I think.

Some of you just want to “jump” to ATS, at some point and not do certain seasons? Or do you want to try and do both, as did they air? See how it goes?

Even I hope to have to say, that during the worst of the worst, there has to be a deep sympathy for Buffy in feeling so low and overwhelmed, isolated and even trapped. Enough on that. “OFF TOPIC” is the bane of your existence when it comes to me, HA!

ANYWAY, I thought if we can decide “how often” to “look forward” to some sort of commentary, as we also could have a variety of voices “take the lead” on prompting further commentary.

I don’t think a formal review is required, but maybe the plot part helps guide your thoughts. Some of you will find if you have a teensy list to comment on those episodes you take to lead, will help guide your own thoughts prompting the most comment. Like “best moments,” “weakest moments”—and why, e.g. script/set/character/wardrobe/plot/fight scenes or weapons etc) if you would or want to share? Or how about anything “going on” that you see is some “subliminal” message you are picking up—maybe through some “reveal” ? It might be strengths and flaws you notice about these people and their relationships or a “new guy in town” you know might mean “something.” Hee.

Maybe you notice how YOU changed or stayed the same?
Joss said that he made the show to be “all about Buffy.” Do you see that? Do you think it matters to your viewing as a piece, or how your affection changed—bonnaleah gave me this idea of “new appreciation” on Connor, for example, which is wonderful!

So there is no “one way” to talk about stuff, but we have to find a way to do this and to keep it going!

First, THIS thread or create a new one under General Show for each season?

Shall we voluneer to “lead” any of the episodes of season 1 by sticking your name by these? It will help us keep moving, I think And, even if RL derails a person someone else can “jump in” or we can deal with a small delay, according to the person who “leads” that episode’s wishes!

HOW you ‘lead off” is up to you, but I do think you have a reason to pick the episodes you did and that helps you with the thinky; just getting us started on what you care about is really good!

Next, do you think every four days is good—to try and post each episode and add any comments you wish in order to go on to the next? More or less? After all, it will take years (if ever?) to finish this. (And I do hope we do, as, truth be told, I hope I can remember good stuff done in the dark years called season six and seven. I don’t know if the comic book years can be sustained, but I do think comments about some of them can be shared to understand “connections’ you find that work or don’t and you can say something about that. Maybe you even want to talk about your enjoyment of the “merch” or “making stuff” from fan fic to film that deserve a new showing—Miss Grace Newman already started it with the color book she got. I sure wish they made those Tarot Cards—I LOVED those. I know why they weren’t made, and I still cry for that choice. Books? Acaddmia you want to “revive” interest? I hope you double check LINKS! Thanks in advance, if this is “fun” for you, too!

And last, do you want each episode to be treated without SPOILER ALERTS? This is a form of cohesion, if you want.

So VOTE!

This thread or new ones by season?

Four days good?

HERE is the list, pick your poison!
HUGS! Sybil

BTVS
UNAIRED PILOT

1.01 - Welcome to the Hellmouth –
1.02 - The Harvest -
1.03 - Witch -
1.04 - Teacher's Pet -
1.05 - Never Kill a Boy on the First Date -
1.06 - The Pack -
1.07 - Angel -
1.08 - I, Robot... You, Jane -
1.09 - The Puppet Show -
1.10 - Nightmares -
1.11 - Out of Mind, Out of Sight -
1.12 - Prophecy Girl -
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh…was I supposed to vote? Hee!

4 to 5 days is good. Not more. IF we are doing ALL BTVS, ATS, even doing BOTH at once, like they aired—IT WILL TAKE YEARS.
When ATS “starts up” concurrently with BTVS, MY VOTE to take 5 days is a must. .

I do NOT want to avoid Spoilers, as the point of a rewatch for me. To also see how the themes are carred forward and where they might appear that lend to structural satisfaction, for example.

Comments on comics might need to be in one thread instead of by season, as not many followed them, or MAYBE we can put these in the columns with MERCH, or BOOKS, etc? I will comment on comics as they are NOT utter trash, IMO…until they just fail my interests in the story/fandom.

So my vote on that is like the Spoiler Alert idea. Dragging in an idea from the comics that was shown in the show to “instigate” such a “further adventure/season” can happen! Besides, fandom rules! Hee.

Thread for each season on General Show,
(so scrolling through a thousand (hee) pages here (as we go forward) on 20th Anniv Rewatch isn’t necessary to find where we left off).

I put my name on a LOT because a. there is a lot of time until March; b. I don’t have any idea what YOUSE guys like, today. I will always defer if you have a preference, as NOTHING seems to shut me up in “commentary” anyway. hee

UNAIRED PILOT

1.01 - Welcome to the Hellmouth – sybil
1.02 - The Harvest -
1.03 - Witch - sybil
1.04 - Teacher's Pet -
1.05 - Never Kill a Boy on the First Date - sybil
1.06 - The Pack - sybil
1.07 - Angel -
1.08 - I, Robot... You, Jane -
1.09 - The Puppet Show - sybil
1.10 - Nightmares - sybil
1.12 - Prophecy Girl –

AND…I just realized half this stuff could be on a poll, if anyone wants to do that—I gotta go and then run. Hee hee.
HUGS!
sybil
Grace Newman
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of great questions, sybil!

I really love the idea inspired by bonnaleah to have as one point of discussion for the episodes be things that you've gained a new appreciation for / what you interpret differently now than you did the first time you watched (or missed entirely!).

Agreed on a new thread per season, and no worries about spoilers.

Four days works for me. And, also, I know my original idea was for March, to coincide with the exact anniversary date, but if people want to get started sooner, I'm flexible about it! I honestly thought it would take longer to get a response, so that's why I posted so early. Smile But 2017 is still the anniversary YEAR! Smile

UNAIRED PILOT - Grace

1.02 - The Harvest -
1.03 - Witch - sybil
1.04 - Teacher's Pet - Grace
1.06 - The Pack - sybil
1.07 - Angel -
1.08 - I, Robot... You, Jane - Grace
1.12 - Prophecy Girl –

I wanted to leave some spots in case others want to take episodes, but I am happy to fill in if any don't get taken.

Also, re: AtS, I'll go along with what others want to do. Watching them in order probably makes sense. Or we could be a little crazy, and alternate seasons. (Season 1 Buffy, Season 1 Angel, etc.), even though it doesn't really make sense from a story perspective. I've been thinking for awhile that it would be really neat to watch Season 2 Buffy and Season 2 Angel close together because there are so many parallels. For example, when I watched "The Trial," I was blown away by the parallels to "Lie to Me," and the contrasting stories of a sick Darla and a sick Ford and how they deal with their desires to avoid a natural human death. And Dru getting her revenge on Angelus for turning her (which we first learn about in "Lie to Me") by turning Darla again. And of course, there's Surprise / Reprise, etc.
bonnaleah
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UNAIRED PILOT - Grace

1.02 - The Harvest -bonnaleah
1.03 - Witch - sybil
1.06 - The Pack - sybil
1.07 - Angel -
1.12 - Prophecy Girl –

Quote:
Also, re: AtS, I'll go along with what others want to do. Watching them in order probably makes sense. Or we could be a little crazy, and alternate seasons. (Season 1 Buffy, Season 1 Angel, etc.), even though it doesn't really make sense from a story perspective. I've been thinking for awhile that it would be really neat to watch Season 2 Buffy and Season 2 Angel close together because there are so many parallels. For example, when I watched "The Trial," I was blown away by the parallels to "Lie to Me," and the contrasting stories of a sick Darla and a sick Ford and how they deal with their desires to avoid a natural human death. And Dru getting her revenge on Angelus for turning her (which we first learn about in "Lie to Me") by turning Darla again. And of course, there's Surprise / Reprise, etc.

I'm good with however we decide to do it but I think we should at least incorporate the ATS crossover eps in the Buffy re-watch. Harsh light of day/In the Dark...Pangs/IWRY...Who Are You/Five by Five/Sanctuary/The Yoko Factor. I think the story makes more sense when these eps are viewed together. And maybe even Flooded/Carpe Noctem [Buffy recieves a call from Angel who has just found out she is alive and she rushes off to meet him]....and Life Serial/Fredless [When both return from their meeting someplace in the middle].
Grace Newman
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm good with however we decide to do it but I think we should at least incorporate the ATS crossover eps in the Buffy re-watch.

Yes, that makes sense. We should probably just watch in order!
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snicker…no takers for ANGEL? I mean, cheez whiz, all that time wasted on stupid stuff like "plot," with not quite enough “reveal!”
hee.
HUGS!
sybil
Grace Newman
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to fill in "Angel" and the rest of those not taken.

UNAIRED PILOT - Grace

1.03 - Witch - sybil
1.06 - The Pack - sybil
1.07 - Angel - Grace
1.11 - Out of Mind, Out of Sight - Grace
1.12 - Prophecy Girl – Grace

Now, when to begin? Do we want to jump in and start Feb. 1 or wait until March 10?
cheryl
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do Angel and Prophecy girl if not taken.

Irony= see above.
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UNAIRED PILOT - Grace

1.03 - Witch - sybil
1.06 - The Pack - sybil

1.07 - Angel – Grace/cheryl don’t want to dampen enthusiasm here

1.11 - Out of Mind, Out of Sight - Grace

1.12 - Prophecy Girl – Grace/cheryl hmm:

Maybe if cheryl does 2, we won’t wear you out, Grace, for “taking the lead” on so much more ahead—even if you both commented so closely together at the “wire.” (comic fan is still doing the full load ALONE on comics, BUT, we hope, comic, you find some fun in this, somehow. I do hope to “bring back” our fans to help carry the load, e.g. YOU LURKERS YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

FEB 1 is on WEDNESDAY! Grace! WILL YOU MAKE A “SEASON ONE “ (rewatch?) THREAD—however you want to title it (TO FIND IT EASILY) ON THE MAIN INDEX OF “GENERAL SHOW” with that “UNAIRED PILOT?” THANKS! When you do, does anyone need a clean calendar to be stickied there?” (I don’t know how to do that, as I never looked “how.” Ha!).

I don’t mind doing our “logistics” elsewhere, if YOUSE GUYS prefer to have an uncluttered “season” thread. I think it stays lively having this stuff right there, but then, I also enjoy authors chatting between the chapters of their own work, instead of ‘just as a piece.’ (which most writers do organize elsewhere, generally, anyway).

Yes, THIS logistical STUFF IS DUMB STUFF, BUT I WANT EVERYONE TO FEEL THEY ARE INVITED AND DON’T HAVE TO WORK TO (participate) EXPERIENCE “SMOOTH SAILING!”

So:
FEB 1 Grace UNAIRED PILOT
GRACE! WHICH source are you using for us in the “follow along?”

FEB 5 sybil: 1.01
FEB 9 bonnaleah 1.02
FEB 13 sybil 1.03
FEB 17 Grace 1.04
FEB 21 sybil 1.05
FEB 25 sybil 1.06
MAR 1 Grace/cheryl ? 1.07
MAR 5 Grace 1.08
MAR 9 sybil 1.09
MAR 10…everybody eats a cookie! (We’ll save the ice cream for IWRY/ATS! Hee).
MAR 13 sybil 1.10
MAR 17 Grace 1.11
MAR 21 Grace/cheryl? 1.12

Already put in my ”two cents” vote re * cheryl * taking the lead on two of the eps! 1.07 and 1.12—no judgy, ya hear, dear Grace? Just hope for “the more the merrier!” (And not to kill you off IN ONE SEASON (ha) or add some sort of “pressure.”)

ANY OTHER apparent conflicts re the DATES for needed “slack?”

Because the next season will become/ add up to 22 eps. I hope youse guys aren’t shy in taking on some of the eps. Again, it can be anything you notice or still like or feel is “weathered” etc. that you might add as commentary anyway!

ENJOYMENT and SAFE SUPPORT has always been the beauty of this place! So, thanks, DARKSTAR (and KAIROS, too) again!

Hugs!
Sybil
p.s. THIS THREAD works for me to work out our discussions on our REWATCH, and then when things are ironed out does anyone think we need a “clean copy” of episodes and calendar, maybe in the actual “season” thread? I repeat this to you don’t have to fight through a zillion (snerk) posts to find the day you promised to show up! Hee! AGAIN! It would have to be sticked as the “first post” within the thread…. So, “whoever” opens the season, has EXTRA work... AND we are picking on GRACE as the NEWBIE. So sorry, GRACE! I didn’t even see that coming—IF youse guys thinks ANY of this works well for YOU!!!

Hee.

Comments from the throng?

I hope MORE OF YOU JOIN UP! Have a hug, have a laugh, have a cookie!
Grace Newman
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have cheryl do two episodes!

Quote:
p.s. THIS THREAD works for me to work out our discussions on our REWATCH, and then when things are ironed out does anyone think we need a “clean copy” of episodes and calendar, maybe in the actual “season” thread? I repeat this to you don’t have to fight through a zillion (snerk) posts to find the day you promised to show up! Hee! AGAIN! It would have to be sticked as the “first post” within the thread…. So, “whoever” opens the season, has EXTRA work... AND we are picking on GRACE as the NEWBIE. So sorry, GRACE! I didn’t even see that coming—IF youse guys thinks ANY of this works well for YOU!!!

I agree with this. I'm happy to start a new thread for Season 1 with the updated calendar and some resources to get us started!

I'll wait a day or so to start it in case anyone needs to make changes to the dates, or if anyone else wants to volunteer to take an episode.

FEB 1: Grace - UNAIRED PILOT
FEB 5: sybil - 1.01 "Welcome to the Hellmouth"
FEB 9: bonnaleah - 1.02 "The Harvest"
FEB 13: sybil - 1.03 "Witch"
FEB 17: Grace - 1.04 "Teacher's Pet"
FEB 21: sybil - 1.05 "Never Kill a Boy on the First Date"
FEB 25: sybil - 1.06 "The Pack"
MAR 1: cheryl - 1.07 "Angel"
MAR 5: Grace - 1.08 "I Robot ... You, Jane"
MAR 9: sybil - 1.09 "The Puppet Show"
MAR 10 (20th anniversary date): Everybody eats a cookie!
MAR 13: sybil - 1.10 "Nightmares"
MAR 17: Grace - 1.11 "Out of Mind, Out of Sight"
MAR 21: cheryl - 1.12 "Prophecy Girl"

Thanks for all your organizational prowess, sybil!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> General Show All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: