Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

20th Anniversary Rewatch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> General Show
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

ENJOYMENT and SAFE SUPPORT has always been the beauty of this place! So, thanks, DARKSTAR (and KAIROS, too) again!

We aim to please! Very Happy

"Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll follow along but don't want to volunteer for anything as I'd hate to flake out and can't guarantee I won't.

How awesome you guys are doing this. Smile
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..that's it.

Youse guys—I can’t do this. I am so very sorry. I made a mistake.

I can’t emotionally—I couldn’t even take the montage and the first scene/nightmare with that angel in half light and half dark; or seeing those wonderous, loving faces, and, after all this time, I can’t write short, even to talk about the changing cross relationships—I am not a shrink. To me, this is a work of art and not some sentimental journey on my young and older selves. This story has been the most important for my life, my learning and my hope; so I will leave it at that and thank you for bearing up under all the steps of my stumbling journey and now doing the hardest thing ever:

Good-bye
cheryl
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sybil,
Let's focus on what's to love rather than hate. Let's enjoy the characters when they were at their very best. Let's celebrate the fandom that has built and maintained true friendships for more than a decade. Let's change our perspective and filter out anything that isn't good. Let us together make a pact that we will ONLY dwell on the lovely and refuse to see the ugly.

I'm sorry you're hurting, sending a warm safe hug your way.

Irony= see above.
Grace Newman
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for those beautiful thoughts, cheryl.

sybil, I have been thinking of you often during these last few days and I hope that you are OK.
Mortavi
Mortal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grdce Newman wrote:
Thank you for those beautiful thoughts, cheryl.

sybil, I have been thinking of you often during these last few days and I click here for breast actives hope that you are OK.

Looking forward to the rewatch!

Last edited by Mortavi on Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Grace Newman
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Mortavi! We decided we couldn't wait all the way till March to get our rewatch going, so we're chatting about Season 1 over here. We're only on Teacher's Pet (1x04), so it shouldn't be hard to catch up if you want to! Feel free to share your thoughts about any of the episodes we've watched so far!
Grace Newman
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we continue to Season 2? I'm up for it if bonnaleah is! And anyone else who might want to join us!

If you do want to do a S2 rewatch, do you want to take a break, or just keep going starting next week with "When She Was Bad"?

Also, any thoughts on the format? Do you like having questions? Do you want me to kick off each week or should we trade off?
bonnaleah
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Should we continue to Season 2? I'm up for it if bonnaleah is! And anyone else who might want to join us!

If you do want to do a S2 rewatch, do you want to take a break, or just keep going starting next week with "When She Was Bad"?

Also, any thoughts on the format? Do you like having questions? Do you want me to kick off each week or should we trade off?

I'm up for it and looking forward to moving on to S2. I don't need a break and will probably have to hold myself back from just binging through the season. I think every Tues is still a good idea though and gives enough time for others to join in....c'mon people...you know you want to! We can trade off if you want, and any format is fine with me.
The questions are great and I had thought they might be a starting off point for people to join in. Sadly that hasn't enticed anyone but maybe now that we are starting S2 that will change. If I can think of any good questions I'll add them, but you are much better at coming up with questions than I am. Smile
Grace Newman
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I will plan to start a Season 2 thread by next week with the calendar and some links like I did for Season 1. We'll start with "When She Was Bad" on Tuesday, April 25.

I'm happy to keep coming up with questions and posting a short intro for each ep. We can always switch things up as we go if it stops working out.

I agree that it'll be hard not to binge Season 2! But the one-a-week pace is really nice for truly getting to think about an episode before moving on. I'm enjoying it. I also hope more people will join in. Season 2 is the best!
Grace Newman
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, bonnaleah, do you think we should watch the two-parters (What's My Line, Surprise/Innocence and Becoming 1&2) as separate episodes or both parts together?
bonnaleah
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Know I'll never be able to watch Surprise without watching Innocence too. In truth I'll probably barrel through the entire season. Already, just from re-watching S1, my love for this verse has re-ignited and I am totally under it's spell. So yeah, lets watch them together.

Also I will probably be late with my review next week. I have to be out of town Tuesday and I'm not sure how early I'll get home. I'll post my thoughts as soon as I can though.
Grace Newman
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonnaleah wrote:
So yeah, lets watch them together.

I was hoping you'd say that!

bonnaleah wrote:
Also I will probably be late with my review next week. I have to be out of town Tuesday and I'm not sure how early I'll get home. I'll post my thoughts as soon as I can though.

Sounds good!

Also, if you're feeling fired up about Season 2, this fan trailer is definitely worth a watch! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Z4NO91Z4k Gave me chills!
Grace Newman
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we continue the rewatch with Season 3? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix-EOXyZuDY
bonnaleah
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That trailer is sooo good. I'm ready to start S3 if you are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> General Show All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: