Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buffy S11 # 4 Issue Discussion Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Comics Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Buffy S11 # 4 Issue Discussion Thread Reply with quote

Preview pages for Buffy S11 # 4

http://www.tfaw.com/First-Looks/Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer:-Season-Eleven-4-(Steve-Morris-cover)___529489?p=1

Last edited by comic fan on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
bonnaleah
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm in the minority but I prefer Georges art and think he's the only artist that can even come close to a likeness of Buffy. Too bad his return has to be spoiled by that horrid kiss. But bless his heart...he has already apologized to us for it.
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally posting my thoughts on Buffy # 4-5.These are very belated.I meant to post them the weekend when I posted my thoughts on Angel # 2-3(and I was late even then) but then I got really sick.I had pneumonia and for the most part,out of it for a couple weeks.

So now I'm well and finally posting some thoughts with issue # 6 coming out this week.

These will be short.

I didn't care much for Buffy # 4.The writing was fine and the premise makes sense but I will just freely admit that the spuffy aspects just totally took me out the issue.That's totally my prejudice.Again,there isn't anything wrong with the issue itself or it's premise.But this was was one of those times where the spuffy elements just overshadowed my enjoyment.I like the action sequences(I've never had any issues with Georges Jeanty's art and thought it was nice to have him return for a bit).I thought it was nice catching up with Dawn.But honestly that's all I got.The whole issue just reminded me too much of Buffy feeding herself to Angel in GD Part 2 but applied to spuffy.I know the circumstances are different but it just completely took me out of the issue.
Grace Newman
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't caught up to Season 11 yet (I'm in Season 10 now), but I wanted to say I'm so sorry you had pneumonia! That sounds awful. So glad you're feeling better.
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace Newman wrote:
I haven't caught up to Season 11 yet (I'm in Season 10 now), but I wanted to say I'm so sorry you had pneumonia! That sounds awful. So glad you're feeling better.

Thanks Smile
Doing much better now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Comics Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: