Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IWRY Marathon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcai0830
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: IWRY Marathon Reply with quote

Hello,

For anyone who still comes around and looks here - wanted to point out the IWRY marathon is going on. Some of our very own members are participants. The stories can be found here:

https://archiveofourown.org/collections/IWRY2017/works

If anyone wants to talk about the stories they read comment below. Smile
Grace Newman
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it would be nice to have a master list like we've had in past years, so I put one together (in the order they were revealed during November).

IWRY 2017 Master List

Drift by GraceNM (aka me!)
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Summary: She had conjured him out of her dreams, and morning would part them, as it always had. Set in BtVS Season 5, during "Into the Woods" and "Forever."
Words: 1,451

Another Minute by GraceNM
Rating: Teen And Up Audience
Summary: She doesn't remember, but she'll never forget. Set after the episode "I Will Remember You."
Words: 2,248

Who Are You? by xspike4evax
Rating: General Audiences
Summary: Buffy comes face to face with Angel upon his return from Hell.
Words: 227

I Pray for Half an Hour by WillowFromBuffy
Rating: Explicit
Summary: It is time. Angel must die. Everyone is counting on Buffy to set things right. (Rated explicit due to clumsily written sex scene)
Words: 3,403

Dearest Demon by xspike4evax
Rating: Mature
Summary: Buffy's first time with Angel.
Words: 406

Keep Going by Mrs Gordo (aka dcai0830!)
Summary: Essentially, this is set in the comics after the restoration of magic and while Buffy and Spike are in a relationship, sometime after Season 10 "Old Demons."
Warnings: Graphic Depictions Of Violence, Rape/Non-Con
Words: 13,831

Akai Ito by Darlingvioletta
Summary: An invisible thread connects those that are meant to be known. Regardless of time, place or distance. The wire may stretch or entangle, but it will never break.
Words: 464

You by Darlingvioletta
Summary: Years in the future, Buffy has contracted Alzheimer's disease and the only person she still remembers is Angel.
Words: 685

If Dreams Came True by xspike4evax
Summary: If dreams came true Buffy's certain she and Angel wouldn't be in this situation.
Words: 392

Prom by Mrs Gordo (dcai0830)
Summary: A peak at a possible future.
Words: 3,485

The Work We Do by Mrs Gordo (dcai0830)
Summary: Buffy comes to LA to see Angel during the episode Power Play.
Words: 5,633

The Future Belongs by fluffernutter8
Summary: The Tribunal has different ideas about the rules. AU from ATS 2x01, Judgement.
Words: 6,668

Turnabout by Taaroko
Summary: After the rather cynical end to "I Robot, You Jane," Buffy decides not to leave everything up to fate, so she goes looking for Angel. Canon compliant S1 cuteness.
Words: 1,243

That Names Were Carved on Us by fluffernutter8
Summary: Certain people are born with the first words their soulmate will speak to them written on their skin. Liam is one of them.
Words: 1,743

Full Disclosure by Taaroko
Summary: Yet another "Angel" AU. In this one, Jonathan gets in the way, which means Darla can't.
Words: 2,789

Conversations on Rooftops by Mrs Gordo (dcai0830)
Summary: Faith and Buffy have a heart to heart following BTVS Season 11 finale.
Words: 1,392

Would They Go On Aching Still by fluffernutter8
Summary: I felt a Funeral, in my Brain,
And Mourners to and fro
Kept treading - treading - till it seemed
That Sense was breaking through -

Angel is there before Buffy dies and after she comes back.
Words: 2,281

Stardust by xspike4evax
Summary: Angel reflects upon his human day with Buffy.
Words: 455

Unconquerable Souls by Taaroko
Summary: Wishverse. With the help of the White Hats, Buffy and Angel have, for the most part, taken Sunnydale back from the monsters. Now, one thing after another keeps coming along to make sure they can't enjoy the fruits of their labors, from a lengthy Council inspection, to the fine print of Angel's curse, to the return of Darla.

This is a sequel to "Windows to the Soul," the Wishverse fic I wrote for the 2010 IWRY marathon (holy crap it's actually been seven years). In that fic, Buffy and Angel survived the battle in the Master's factory because Buffy did a better job of timing her crossbow shot than in canon, and things developed from there. "Unconquerable Souls" picks up a few months after the end of that one, sometime in the spring of '99. You don't necessarily need to read that one first for this one to make sense, but it would probably help.
Words: 20,775

Missing You by angelus2hot
Summary: No matter how much time has passed she still misses him.
Words: 311

Despite the Consequences by angelus2hot
Summary: Angel gives into temptation.
Words: 224

Chase the Darkness by angelus2hot
Summary: Angelus wasn't Angel but he was the next best thing.
Words: 600

Stronger Together by Taaroko
Summary: AU from before the final scene of "Disharmony" and about the middle of "Intervention." After the events of "Epiphany," Darla is on her way out of Angel's life for good when she finds out about his visit to Sunnydale in "Forever." She's not going to stand for it. Inspired by the recent "Insert Scene" thread on Buffy-Boards, as well as the intriguing parallelism between Angel/Darla and Buffy/Spike. Fueled by all the years I've spent wanting to write a fic that gives Spike his comeuppance for the BuffyBot and failing to think of a plausible way to do it. So, yeah, definitely not a fic for Spike fans.

This is how I imagine things might've gone differently in the shows if the writers had been more practical about Spike, less allergic to letting the title characters be happy, and there had been no limits on crossovers.

(Not sure I like the title. Might change it.)
Words: 11,354
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this project had ended--what a delight to find you--and so many long-term, gifted fans--devoted to a story that is ageless. I feel privileged to see you are still feeling the greatest, if not most profound, beliefs in the deepest, yet most human connection, as you have so passionately expressed for these two.

Thank you for providing this triumphant herald to joy because nothing less than this love is indeed the story every honest heart knows to be true.

HUGS!
sybil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: