Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buffy Season 3: 20th Anniversary Rewatch Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> General Show
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonnaleah wrote:
Grace, who is Mark Field? Is he the guy that did the Mark watches thing a few years ago?

He is my Yoda. Hee. Mark is the author of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Myth, Metaphor and Morality" (now available in paperback! lol) He's a longtime Buffy fan who has written an essay about each episode of the series with his analysis. The essays were first published as blog posts here: http://unpaidsophistry.blogspot.com/. His book is Ian's main inspiration for the Passion of the Nerd video guides (at least on the BtVS side; Mark Field doesn't cover AtS).

He's a different Mark than the Mark Watches guy.

Thanks for the behind-the-scenes video for Helpless!
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3x14 Bad Girls
Written by Douglas Petrie
Directed by Michael Lange
Original air date: February 9, 1999

(I know, I should have used Buffy and Faith...but I love Wesley and Giles!)

Summary from BuffyGuide.com: "Buffy's new Watcher comes to town; Faith lures Buffy into her world of reckless abandon, with fatal results."

1. Overall thoughts on this episode?
2. How did you feel about the Buffy and Faith stuff?
3. The Mayor is back! Thoughts on his storyline?
4. What did you think of our introduction to Wesley and his dynamic with Giles?
5. Thoughts on Angel and B/A in this episode?
6. How about Willow and Buffy? Or any of the other characters?
7. Favorite lines/scenes?
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall thoughts on this episode? I'd like to start off with a super deep and meaningful comment, which is that Angel and Buffy are sooooooo hot in this episode. I always think they're both very attractive people, but they are just especially gorgeous here.

I had to psych myself up a little to watch this episode. I kind of didn't want to start the last big arc of Season 3, because then the very best seasons will be over!

I loved seeing the Mayor again and I got so excited when I saw Alexis Denisof's name in the credits.

How did you feel about the Buffy and Faith stuff? I know Buffy having another drowning experience (plus a new authority figure) is supposed to be what inspires her to live on the edge, but I'm not sure it comes across as clearly as they intended it. I wish they would have built up Buffy's flirting with the dark side a little more, because it kind of feels like it happens to make the episode work, not because it's really driven by the character/events.

The Mayor is back! Thoughts on his storyline? That moment with his to-do list at the end is truly inspired. I love it. I also enjoy how with one line ("I like to read Cathy"), Allan Finch manages to make me kinda love him before he dies.

The Balthazar/Mayor connection made me think of a fun head canon I read the other day -- probably in someone's LiveJournal comments on a meta from many years ago -- that the Mayor was responsible for that perfectly timed earthquake that trapped the Master in the Hellmouth back in the '30s. I have officially adopted it.

What did you think of our introduction to Wesley and his dynamic with Giles? I love Wesley so much, even if he is just the worst in this episode. That "It pooches your jacket" moment is hilarious, as is Giles and Wesley cleaning their glasses at the same time.

Thoughts on Angel and B/A in this episode? Lotsa hotness? I think I mentioned that already Smile

Angel is seriously cool in this episode. I had totally forgotten about that moment when he strides in all, "His name is Angel." (Compare that to the yikesness of, "I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys," uuuuugh.)

The scene in the Bronze is one of those I get conflicted about. Because Buffy jumping into his arms and her "Them? Boys. I like you" are sooo cute but he's all business. Now, I understand there's a lot going on here -- scorching hot PDA is not really OK under the new terms of B/A, given that it makes people nervous; Angel has to stay under control, so Buffy being even slightly out-of-control makes him extra uptight; and there really is, y'know, actual business to discuss. But I want to embrace the hotness, grr! Luckily, Angel makes up for it with that sweet I-know-you-didn't-get-the-reaction-you-wanted-but-I-still-adore-you-now-we-must-take-care-of-work-stuff kiss. Smile

How about Willow and Buffy? Or any of the other characters? Poor Willow is getting stuck in the fray-adjacent zone, even though she just helped save the world in the last episode. I felt bad for her.

Cordelia did *much* better (well, worse) on the insult front in this episode, with the comment about her dad having a job. This is the kind of thing I was talking about with The Zeppo. But of course Xander is back to calling Cordelia a hooker. Bring on the post-Zeppo disappointment.

Favorite lines/scenes?

"We can't save the world in jail" - I love this in light of Wes later breaking Faith out of prison to help with Angelus/The First.

Scripty whatnots:

Wesley's introduction is hilarious:
Quote:
INT. LIBRARY - DAY
Giles HAS looked better - he's uncomfortable, bored and a teeny bit hostile. He is, however, trying to be polite about it.
The reason for his attitude is speaking to him. Incessantly. He is WESLEY WYNDAM-PRYCE, watcher. Young, not bad looking but a bit full of himself. Thinks he's Sean Connery when he's pretty much George Lazenby.

I don't know that this comes across as strongly as what's written...

Quote:
Vincent holds her down just a little bit longer, just to make sure. The remaining vamps surround Faith. She's next. Vincent relaxes his grip, stands, is about to turn when…

Buffy WHIPS HER HEAD UP. Alive. Newly baptized. Eyes blazing a glint we've never seen before lighting her eyes. She's crazy. Grins.

She uppercuts Vincent, catching him clean under the jaw and lifting him a good two feet off the ground.

BUFFY
I hate it when they drown me.

Buffy grabs his sword from under the water. Lunges.

Faith grins at Buffy's transformation. She uses the distraction to kneecap one of the vamps holding her with a crisp sidekick. He goes down. She flips one who rushes her from behind. Clears an entrance. Palm-thrusts an onrushing vamp, sending nose cartilage straight into his brain.

Buffy's Errol Flynn. She fences Vincent, kills and oncoming vamp without breaking stride, keeps thrusting forward…

A little cut here:
Quote:
BUFFY
We'll talk.

GILES
Of course.

BUFFY
About the overdue book fees.

GILES
Should have returned them on time.

This was cut:
Quote:
Buffy climbs out the classroom window. Kids laugh and point, but go back to their tests.

WILLOW
Buffy! This is fifteen percent of the final grade, and that's…

Buffy's gone. Willow turns to Xander.

WILLOW
…apparently meaningless.

From the Bronze scene:
Quote:
He leads her to a table. They sit. Buffy tries to match his seriousness, but she can't help the playful smile that floats about her lips. He's just so CUTE!

(Isn't he, though?)

A couple of lines cut:
Quote:
The light show is over. Buffy, Angel, Giles and Wesley approach the demon's tank. A big white hand flops over the side, lifeless.
GILES
You killed him.
BUFFY
(quiet)
Yeah. Hooray for me.
bonnaleah
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace, Thank you for the link to your friend Mark's blog. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Overall thoughts on this episode?

Wes is so adorkable! But that is of course in retrospect. I'm pretty sure I resented him horribly for moving in on Giles territory. Now I watch the episode through eyes that already love him and I kinda marvel at his journey through the verse.

I think Balthazar's cartoony appearance made him seem less threatening and in fact kinda comical, but maybe that was the plan. I would have preferred a scarier villain though.

How did you feel about the Buffy and Faith stuff?

Quote:
I wish they would have built up Buffy's flirting with the dark side a little more, because it kind of feels like it happens to make the episode work, not because it's really driven by the character/events.

I agree. Buffy's actions just sort of come out of left field and I've never found them to be believable or in character or something she would do.
I think the unintentional killing of Finch bothered Faith a great deal and I never bought that she didn't care. Soon I will hate her, but for now she has my sympathy.

The Mayor is back! Thoughts on his storyline?
I love the Mayor. He is so silly and sinister all at the same time.

Thoughts on Angel and B/A in this episode?

I love the way Buffy took the amulet from Wes and handed it over to Angel for safe keeping.
Agree about the B/A hottness. They are so beautiful together.

Favorite lines/scenes?

Buffy: (turns to Giles) We'll talk.

Giles: Of course.

Buffy leaves for her test.

Wesley: (to Giles) You're not helping.

Giles: (dripping with sarcasm) No. I feel just sick about it.

Wesley: (trying not to panic) Stay calm, Mr. Giles. We have to stay
calm.

Giles: (brimming over with sarcasm) Well, thank God you're here. I was
planning to panic.

Wesley: (looks at Balthazar) What *is* that thing?

Giles: That would be your demon. You know, the dead one?

Wesley: There's no need to get snippy.
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonnaleah wrote:
I think Balthazar's cartoony appearance made him seem less threatening and in fact kinda comical, but maybe that was the plan. I would have preferred a scarier villain though.

Fun fact about Balthazar! He's based on this weird Kingpin doppelgänger from the sewers in the Daredevil comics: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/king_of_the_sewers.htm

So it was totally fitting that Doug Petrie ended up working on the Netflix Daredevil show. Smile
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3x15 Consequences
Written by Marti Noxon
Directed by Michael Gershman
Original air date: February 16, 1999

Summary from BuffyGuide.com: "Buffy struggles with Faith's lack of remorse over last week's incidents; Faith initiates an alliance with the dark side."

2. What did you think of the Buffy/Faith dynamic?
3. How did you feel about the various efforts to deal with Faith? (Xander's, Angel's, Wesley's?)
4. Other thoughts about Angel specifically and B/A in this episode?
5. What did you think of Willow's interactions with Buffy and her upsetness over Xander?
6. Favorite lines/scenes?
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall thoughts on this episode? Consequences is good, though I don't think it's great. Too much of the Marti Noxon School of Psychoanalysis for my taste. I understand why they're doing it, but all the characters telling Faith how she feels just gets on my nerves a little.

Something about how Buffy is presented in this episode bugs me too. I guess maybe the contrast with Faith is being emphasized so much that she seems one note? I also don't understand why Buffy doesn't go talk to Angel about it instead of Willow. While I like that moment between Buffy and Willow, Angel could actually help, y'know? Are they talking behind the scenes and we just don't see it? The episode gives the impression that Angel is just lurking as he puts the pieces together and then lets Buffy know once he's captured Faith.

I also don't understand the ending. Buffy got Faith to come back with her from the docks, but then Buffy just lets her go (which allows Faith to go enlist with the Mayor)? Why wouldn't they be keeping a closer eye on her after everything that happened?

But that's me being picky. I love the Wes and Cordelia scene. I love how sweet Xander is trying to be before Faith attacks him. Angel's lines are mostly great. It's such an exciting (in a bad way) moment when Wes and the Watchers Council goons break in to take Faith.

I also like the Buffy/Giles dynamic a lot. But when will these people learn the library is not safe for private conversations? Smile

The direction is good, too, with the opening drowning dream and the scene of Buffy and Joyce, as well as that scene where the detective is interviewing Buffy and Faith and it cuts between them.

Of course I can't hear Angel say, "I'm not getting any older" without thinking of Chosen now.

Favorite lines/scenes?

Wesley: My. She is cheeky, isn't she?
Faith: Uh, first word: jail; second word: bait.

Script stuff:

These lines were shortened a bit:
Quote:
BUFFY
(dubious)
A connection. Like when you say "hi" and she says "hi" and then she blows you off?

Quote:
GILES
Buffy's right, Xander. In this instance, it would be best if you let Faith be.
(then)
However, if you want to be of assistance, I could use some research help. We have this business of the Mayor and Mr. Trick to attend to.

This scene was trimmed as well:
Quote:
ANGEL
You and me, Faith, we're a lot alike.

FAITH
Well, you're kind of dead...

ANGEL
Like I said. A lot alike.

FAITH
Sorry, buddy. I'm alive and kicking. In fact, I've got a bodily function that needs attending to pretty quick here.

ANGEL
You're not alive. You're just running. Afraid to feel. Afraid to be touched...

Some part of her reacts to this truth. But she averts her eyes.

FAITH
Save it for Hallmark. I have to pee.

ANGEL
Time was, I thought humans existed just to hurt each other.

Faith looks back to him now. Silent. But he's struck a cord.

ANGEL
But then I came here. And I found out that there were other kinds of people. People who genuinely wanted to do right. They still make mistakes. They fall down. But they keep trying. Keep caring.

A long beat. Faith takes this in, clearly wanting to believe. Angel sees this. Moves to her - speaks from the heart.

ANGEL
If you can trust us, Faith, it can all change. You don't have to disappear into the darkness.
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3x16 Doppelgangland
Written and directed by Joss Whedon
Original air date: February 23, 1999

Summary from BuffyGuide.com: "Anya wreaks havoc again when a spell goes awry, bringing Willow's vampire doppelgänger into the Buffy-verse."

1. Overall thoughts on this episode? Did you enjoy seeing Vamp!Willow again?
2. We haven't seen much of Oz for awhile. Thoughts on him?
3. What did you think of the Faith/Mayor scene?
4. Were you glad Anya came back?
5. Thoughts on B/A in this episode?
6. Favorite lines/scenes?

I updated the calendar to skip next week!
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall thoughts on this episode? Did you enjoy seeing Vamp!Willow again? I had forgotten how much I like this episode! I love how it managed to combine a great character study, hilarious comic relief and another take on the season's theme of confronting your dark side all at once. Thematic funny is the best kind of funny. (I contrast this with Band Candy, which is also hilarious but which I found a little hollow when we watched it a couple of months ago. There's a lesson to it but it just feels weaker because the focus is really on the adults. I like that in Doppelgangland the focus is less on Vampwill, as Joss calls her in the script, and more on real Willow.)

I do get sad when I think about how much future Willow seems to despise this version of herself. (High school Willow, that is, not Vampwill.) She's so wonderful. I love when Giles says, "She was truly the finest of all of us."

We haven't seen much of Oz for awhile. Thoughts on him? I have missed him! I loved seeing him interact with Devon again. I love their whole thing. And he and Angel got a scene! The Scoobies show a lot of good teamwork in this episode, and Angel immediately doing what Oz says is one example.

What did you think of the Faith/Mayor scene?  The Mayor really shines in this scene. The contrast between his stance as a family man and his casual mention of killing Willow is perfect.

I thought it was interesting that Giles said what a bad liar Faith was in the last episode, and then in this one she fools him so easily. What do you think the difference is?

Were you glad Anya came back? This is my favorite Anya episode, I think, though I'll get back to you if I change my mind when rewatching the later seasons. Smile I just love her predicament and how she reacts when thwarted. She's super funny without having to be socially inept or make sex jokes. It's wild.

Thoughts on B/A in this episode?  Very understated (which makes sense in a Willow episode) but sweet. They're very in sync with the coordinated slaying, and I liked this:
Oz: Hey, man. You looking for Buffy?
Angel: As always.

Favorite lines/scenes? 

Xander shaking the cross!

Oz: I'd call that a radical interpretation of the text.

Willow: Well, did you try looking inside the sofa *in hell*?

Anya: What a day. Gimme a beer.
Bartender: I.D.
She gives him an incredulous look.
Anya: I'm eleven hundred and twenty years old! Just gimme a friggin' beer!
Anya: Gimme a Coke.

Scripty McNuggets:

I liked Joss' description of the differences between WishBronze and our Bronze:

Quote:
INT. BRONZE - NIGHT
This is the worst of all. Her usual vamp headquarters is filled with living humans, and the pulse pounding beat has been replaced by the mellow song stylings of K's Choice.

Vampwill wanders about, looking for the master, or some sign of sanity.

This was shortened a bit:
Quote:
XANDER
It's all my fault.

GILES
What makes you say that?

XANDER
I don't know...
Statistical probability...

I'm sad we missed this Devon and Angel exchange...
Quote:
ANGEL
Oz.

OZ
Hey, man. You looking for Buffy?

ANGEL
As always.

OZ
No sightings as of yet, but I think she said she'd show.

DEVON
Hey, man, how'd you like to be our roadie?

ANGEL
Less than you'd think.

OZ
Well, stick around, I'm sure Buffy'll...

Description of Angel coming into the library to tell them about Vampwill:
Quote:
Angel enters hurriedly, moving to Buffy. He looks intense. Even for Angel.
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year! I'm going to keep going to finish out Season 3. Join me if you can! You can jump in whenever; no need to play catch up unless you want to.

3x17 Enemies
Written by Douglas Petrie
Directed by David Grossman
Original air date: March 16, 1999

Summary from BuffyGuide.com: "Faith and the Mayor conspire to steal Angel's soul, but they aren't the only ones with a secret conspiracy."

2. What did you think of Buffy and Angel's con and its effect on their relationship?
3. What did you think of Faith in this episode?
4. How about the others? Willow, Xander, Giles?
5. Favorite lines/scenes?
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall thoughts on this episode? First things first, of course this episode is good. The twist is phenomenal, and Angel's fake Angelus is thrilling (and better than real Angelus on AtS).

From a shipper perspective, I have mixed feelings about it. I love that final "Always," but I take it kind of personally that Buffy is so hard on Angel in this episode. I wish if they were going to do the "Buffy is jealous of Angel and Faith" storyline, it would have been pre-Bad Girls. I am a highly insecure person myself. So Buffy worrying that Angel is attracted to a fun wild girl who likes to dance and fight and have sex makes sense to me. But continuing that storyline after Buffy knows Faith is a remorseless killer and betrayer distresses me.

What did you think of Faith in this episode? I'm pretty tired of her already. Smile I do like Mark Field's summary of how wrong her arguments are in this episode:

Quote:
Faith’s basic complaints are all false. She wasn’t “doing her job better than anyone”. When she came to Sunnydale, she was running away and planned to dump her problem on Buffy. She cooperated only sporadically with Giles and Buffy in between her “walkabouts”. When she did act as the Slayer, her judgment was erratic and even dangerous when she went after Angel in Revelations. She failed to notice Buffy’s plight in FH&T and she was reckless throughout Bad Girls.

Nor was it the case that she was rejected when she first arrived. In FH&T it was Buffy who was feeling left out because Xander, Willow, and Joyce all seemed so charmed with Faith. Giles was prepared to act as her Watcher and Wesley insisted on it.

How about the others? Willow, Xander, Giles? Willow is phenomenal. I love her advice to Buffy! I found it sad/funny how Joyce reacted to "Angelus."

Favorite lines/scenes?
Xander: Sure! Well, actually, let's just say I applied some pressure. Or more accurately, that I asked politely, and then, uh, okay, I bribed him.
Buffy: How much?
Xander: Twenty-eight bucks. (to Giles) Does the Council reimburse for that kind of stuff?
Giles: Did you get a receipt?
Xander: Damn.

Willow: But it's so clear the way he feels about you. Buffy, I too know the love of a taciturn man and you have to look at their actions.

Oz: How about like exact same guy, like exact same guy?

Scripty thingies:

This line was cut from the first meeting with the demon:

Quote:
FAITH
Talk fast. My partner's crazy. Don't know how long I can hold her back.

The milk scene was shortened a bit:

Quote:
FAITH
I don't do milk.

MAYOR
No? Oh. I know what you want.

He produces a box of powdered chocolate. And a spoon. Spoons a big healthy spoonful of chocolate into the milk, stirs. Stands back, arms folded.

MAYOR (cont'd)
Drink up.

Faith, looking uncomfortable, drinks the chocolate milk.

MAYOR (cont'd)
There's my girl.

Does Buffy really do a double-take? It's very subtle.

Quote:
Faith, without looking, reaches behind the refrigerator and flips on the light switch. Buffy does a double-take. The switch can't be seen from their angle.

The beginning of the Willow / Buffy scene about Angel was cut:

Quote:
WILLOW
Are you okay?

BUFFY
Huh? Yeah. I can't stop thinking about that demon.

WILLOW
'Cause of him being chopped up into little bits and all?

BUFFY
Yeah, Will, let's keeping bringing up visuals.

WILLOW
Are you sure that's all?

BUFFY
It really was plenty...

WILLOW
Yeah, but you seem a little on edge lately. Is anything...

BUFFY
It's nothing.

This was cut from when the Scoobies arrive at near the end:

Quote:
XANDER
Buffy - Faith's bad!

FAITH
Yeah, and you're annoying.
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3x18 Earshot
Written by Jane Espenson
Directed by Regis B. Kimble
Original air date: September 21, 1999 (Originally slated to air April 27, 1999, but delayed because of the Columbine shootings on April 20, 1999)

Summary from BuffyGuide.com: "Buffy is infected with the uncontrollable ability to read minds, which threatens to drive her insane; it also unearths a plot to commit mass murder at the school, and the gang must save the day."

2. Anything else you want to talk to yourself about? Very Happy
3. Favorite lines/scenes?
dcai0830
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace Newman wrote:
3x18 Earshot

2. Anything else you want to talk to yourself about? Very Happy

LMAO!!! I've abandoned you. I don't deserve the title of Bangel bestie. Sorry I've been busy fighting Spuffies on tumblr. But I'll come do this review. I loooooooove this episode.
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! But thank you for keeping up the good fight on Tumblr. You're still my Bangel bestie. Heart

I guess that question *was* a little guilt-trippy, but I was mostly trying to make fun of myself, since it seems kinda self-involved to keep up a running set-up post / answer post with only me participating. Smile
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall thoughts on this episode? Earshot is so perfect that I don't have much to say about it. My notes are just filled with all-caps and exclamation points. It's my favorite episode of Season 3. It's funny and moving and adorable. And that ending!

I technically should deduct points for the continuation of the whole "Buffy's insecure about Faith the villain" thing, but Angel is just soooo good about it that I give him double points, which makes up for Buffy losing points. (That "To the naked eye, it looked like fun" line does kick me right in the gut, though. Stop it, Buffy! But then, "No matter what, I'll always be with you" doesn't feel very good on rewatch either! ANGEL!)

Extra points are also added because Buffy's black and white outfit at the end is one of my favorites from the entire series. Angel and Buffy continue to be incredibly attractive this season.

Anything else you want to talk to yourself about? As a former student newspaper person, I wish we had such great headlines as "Apathy on the Rise, No One Cares."

Seriously, every character is good in this episode. The writing for Oz was particularly brilliant. The Giles and Joyce stuff was ah-mazing. Wesley and Cordelia were funny. And I love Willow in charge. Even Nancy and Freddy were fun, and Jonathan was a great choice for an emotional scene.

Favorite lines/scenes?

XANDER Yeah, for a minute there I thought you were gonna make an expression.
OZ Well, I felt one coming on. I won't lie.

CORDELIA Hi Mr. Beech! I was just wondering, were you planning on killing a bunch of people tomorrow? (smiles) Oh, it's for the yearbook!

BUFFY Well, we talked, and then he ripped out the heart of a demon and fed it to me, and then we talked some more.

Here are a few scripty bits for your reading pleasure:

This little bit was cut:
Quote:
The rally is breaking up. The opportunity for private talk is over. Xander and Oz join the girls.

BUFFY
Let's keep it between us for now, okay?

WILLOW
Okay.

XANDER
Man, I'm pumped for the game tonight.

WILLOW
It's gonna be fun.
(off Buffy)
If you like that sort of thing.

BUFFY
That's okay. Patrolling is fun too.

Slight differences in the B/A clear-the-air scene:

Quote:
ANGEL
I hated hurting you. It cut me deeper than I've ever been cut. More than I can stand.

Buffy is moved. She rests her head on his shoulder, just for a moment... not quite a hug, but a tiny step forward.

BUFFY
Thank you. Um... and the Faith part of the question? I mean, I guess I'd understand... she's got this whole "bad girl" thing going on...

I think the forehead kiss is sweeter:

Quote:
Buffy opens her eyes.

BUFFY
Who?

She doesn't know him. That hurts. He holds the glowing vial of liquid to Buffy's mouth, forces some into her. Then he settles her in the bed and kisses her lightly on the lips. But as he stands up, she gasps and CONVULSES. He grabs her, holds her, trying to control her flailing limbs.

ANGEL
Giles!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> General Show All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: