Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy New Year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Comics Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
janas
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Happy New Year Reply with quote

Hi everybody, can anyone give me a brief summary of season 12?

Thank very much

"I just know that when you're around, whether I see you or not, I feel you. Inside."
dcai0830
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Janas! I hadn't seen you post in a while. I have seen your old posts (both here and on BB) and I always enjoy reading your posts so I'm glad to hear from you Smile

BTVS and Angel just finished s11. I can give you a brief overview:

BTVS s11 - This season focuses on a government that is authoritarian in nature. The government sets out to create "safe zones" which parallel concentration camps for magical beings - vampires, witches, etc. Buffy, Spike and Willow end up in this safe zone. While at the safe zone Buffy has to feed Spike from her own blood because rations are low (ugh... I know...). Eventually Buffy and Willow leave the safe zone to figure out how to thwart the big bad of the season, but to do so they have to relinquish their powers for a bit. Faith makes an appearance and joins the fight. At the end, Buffy uses the scythe to take back all of the Slayer's powers to fight the big bad of the season. (This includes taking Faith's power - somehow...). The big bad turns to be the press secretary and she is actually defeated not by Buffy but by getting eaten by a dragon which made an appearance earlier in the season. The world slowly returns to normal but Vampires are once again forced to live in the shadows. Buffy gives all of the slayers their power back. At the end of the season, they have a cook out on the rooftop and Buffy tells Spike that she loves him.

For Angel, gosh... well just generally - Fred and Illyria who are alternating back and forth between themselves, end up in Ireland with Angel. While in Ireland, Angel has a vision (we don't know why) and in the vision that shows him that something very bad is coming (but we never know what that is really) and then Illyria decides they need to go back in time to fix the problem. So they go back in time. First they fix one of Illyria's biggest regrets and prevent a cataclysmic volcano from ending a race of demons. (We don't know if this had any lasting effect) And they do stop it. Then they travel to Angel's past, first they end up on a ship with Angelus and Darla - some craziness ensues. (We don't know what happened to Angelus and Darla or if their pasts were altered). Then they travel again this time to the time Liam was about to be sired. But Illyria tells Angel that no, he cannot kill himself before he is sired to prevent his family's death because the consequences could be devastating. She stops him from killing Liam and in the shuffle somehow they (Angel and Illyria) end up making out (or maybe more but we just don't know...). Then they travel back to the future to find that there are some major flower monsters in Ireland. They figure out that the way to stop the flower monsters is to get rid of everything they brought back with them from their time travel and the thing that ends up killing the flower monster is when Angel throws a ring that Kathy gave him, which he really didn't want to give up. Then Fred tells Angel that when he and Illyria were making out (or more?) she could have stopped it if she wanted to but her feelings are complicated. The end.

I'm sure I missed a bunch of things so for more in depth summary and reviews, I recommend this guy who does a great job with his youtube channel on giving you an issue by issue review. He is also very funny. He was originally a buffy/angel relationship supporter (I wouldn't call him a shipper) but he has become very tolerant of spuffy but he is still NOT one of those annoying spuffy lovers.

Here are his Angel reviews for s11 (he hasn't posted his issue 12 review yet)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jNI1EdvMPU&list=PLN0hkwuyqyMcsJlw3WIr23SmZmJ239eJt

Buffy reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYOl9kPUxrs&list=PLN0hkwuyqyMfGJF3bxtCeQhcQxJ5TwVYw

I hope this helps. I hope to see you around the boards!
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much honey, Heart

I see bitterly that Angel and Buffy are still divided and Angel has no connection with Connor.

"I just know that when you're around, whether I see you or not, I feel you. Inside."
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janas wrote:

I see bitterly that Angel and Buffy are still divided and Angel has no connection with Connor.

It's good to hear from you Janas. Smile

ETA

Yeah about the comics.

I don't know if you know,they are doing a four issue Giles season 11 miniseries launching in Feb.Joss is co-writing it.

They haven't announced a season 12 yet but a few weeks ago Christos Gage teased something was coming on that front by revealing he recently had a meeting with Joss.

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to continue post Giles miniseries.
janas
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

comic fan wrote:

It's good to hear from you Janas. Smile

ETA

Yeah about the comics.

I don't know if you know,they are doing a four issue Giles season 11 miniseries launching in Feb.Joss is co-writing it.

They haven't announced a season 12 yet but a few weeks ago Christos Gage teased something was coming on that front by revealing he recently had a meeting with Joss.

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to continue post Giles miniseries.

Hello, it's nice to read you again. I missed you a lot Smile

Grace Newman
Chosen One

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year, everyone! Good to hear from you, janas!

dcai0830, nice work with those summaries! I’m impressed! Smile

I really don’t understand why Dark Horse won’t do more with Connor, especially since now he’s a relatively normal superpowered college student. There’s so much potential there. Sigh.

ETA: I just became a Dark Avenger! Woo hoo!
janas
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace Newman wrote:
Happy New Year, everyone! Good to hear from you, janas!

dcai0830, nice work with those summaries! I’m impressed! Smile

I really don’t understand why Dark Horse won’t do more with Connor, especially since now he’s a relatively normal superpowered college student. There’s so much potential there. Sigh.

ETA: I just became a Dark Avenger! Woo hoo!

Hi. I think Connor is already a graduate and maybe he's married and has children, so Angel is a grandfather. Very Happy

Grace Newman
Chosen One

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janas wrote:
Hi. I think Connor is already a graduate and maybe he's married and has children, so Angel is a grandfather. Very Happy

I like it! What do you think Angel's grandchildren call him?
dcai0830
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janas wrote:

Janas do you still manage your B/A blog on tumblr? Just curious.
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace Newman wrote:
janas wrote:

I like it! What do you think Angel's grandchildren call him?

Grandfather Liam Smile

janas
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcai0830 wrote:
janas wrote:

Janas do you still manage your B/A blog on tumblr? Just curious.

the blog is still online, but I can not update anymore Smile

Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year everyone, a bit belated, sorry.

So nice to see Janas around again, and of course all of you who have been posting and keeping the board alive. To the old and the new and all B/A fans!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Comics Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: