Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*New* Bangel Fan Fic Recommendations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:12 am    Post subject: *New* Bangel Fan Fic Recommendations Reply with quote

It is obvious that the number of bangel fan fiction writers has been dwindling significantly in the recent years. I understand that this is in combination with the fact that this is an older fandom and many of our fiction writers have moved on to other fandoms etc. If your musie isn't singing you can't write - I get it.

The spuffy fandom is thriving very well Elysian Fields has a very strong presence with 733 writers and a healthy number of stories (thousands). I know that this is in some part related to the fact that spuffy is the current canon ship and it is the most popular ship in the fandom by a long shot. Not sure if new readers are predominantly spuffy shippers - or if this adds to the number of fics in that fandom.

In any case, I don't want bangel fiction to die out and all that is left is spuffy fic! It may in fact happen despite what we would like but I want to do whatever little I can to encourage new bangel writers to produce more fics.

To that end - I'll come into this thread and post new stories that I see are around the block. There are a few very good stories in progress. If anyone is still stopping by this forum and enjoys fics please go and give these stories a shot, give the writers some kudos/ comments and let them know that writing for a 20 yr old fandom and for a less popular couple is still worth their time!

The following are my first set of recommendations:

1. Escape Velocity by headupheelsdown (complete)

A portal is opened outside of LA, giving beings of any dimension an open door into the city. Angel dispatches the demons that come through. When someone he loves transcends, his world is turned upside down.

(During/replacing AtS "Heartthrob" and after BtVS "The Gift") also posted on FFN

2. if you come sofly by jilyandbambi (WIP)

In which, Adam fails before he ever gets a chance to get off the ground. Right around the time of the reveal of the suddenly not-so-mythical Slayer, giving Professor Walsh a very sinister Plan B. Meanwhile, our intrepid heroine is dealing with some serious developments of her own, to which everyone's favorite Friendly Neighborhood Vampire might hold some much-needed clues.

3. Bruised, Broken, Torn by xxRomanceGirlxx (WIP)

For the first time in his entire existence, Angel is content. With a son to dote on and a budding romance with Cordelia, he is thriving. On the opposite side of the tracks, Buffy is barely making it by in her “battle” with life and Spike who continues to haunt her. After Buffy uncovers a nest of demons, unfinished business - and avoidance- beckons on her as she ends up tracking on of them to L.A. Buffy enlists Angel and his gang for help…only to find her old flame with a miracle boy and halfway to forgetting her.

(side note about this last fic - the fight in the last chapter I read was so cathartic and it made me cry like ugly tears. This fic is angst x 100 and has some serious Cangel but it is good!)

*Please mind the warnings and the ratings as some of these fics are adult/mature*

I write fics too on AO3 but I don't need encouragement so go and read the others first. I will go down with this ship. lol Wink

I will come back for more and if ya'll see any new fics around please post!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: