Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buffy Slay Day - (Also go vote in this poll!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcai0830
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Buffy Slay Day - (Also go vote in this poll!) Reply with quote

Lots of fun stuff going on around the internets today. I'll post them here. But first:

If anyone is coming around here you need to go vote in this twitter poll here:

https://twitter.com/BuffyTVS/status/972591098441826304
Mortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spuffy fans are coming out in masses and we need more Bangel votes. Angel is better than Spike anyday.
dcai0830
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Boreanaz tweeted out here:

https://twitter.com/David_Boreanaz/status/972546187805929472

@David_Boreanaz

Little show called Buffy the Vampire Slayer premiered 21 years ago today. Blessed to have been a part of a great cast and crew. Thank you. #Amgel

10:54 AM - 10 Mar 2018

(Yes he had a typo... Amgel instead of Angel lol)

SMG had a very nice post here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgJtFBcjKfj/?hl=en&taken-by=sarahmgellar

I posted some of the photos that she shared on the post here:

http://mrsgordo84.tumblr.com/post/171737078076/sarah-michelle-on-instagram-i-dont-think-its-a

If you see other cool things around the web surrounding this day or B/A please share!
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bangelfan4life wrote:
Spuffy fans are coming out in masses and we need more Bangel votes. Angel is better than Spike anyday.

Yeah I have been trying to spread the word but it is to be expected Spuffy has a larger fan base. So far the poll is:

47%Team Spike
34%Team Angel
19%I love both!

(came in to edit as it changed)

If any of you all stop by go vote (link in the top post)

DB's tweet did very well though so it's interesting he is doing so poorly in the poll. I gues some people like him but don't like him with Buffy. Which is rare but possible. If you compare his tweet to JM for example his got alot more traction:

DB posted about BtVS he got 7.7k likes, 1.2K retweets, and 305 comments.

JM posted about it and got 2.0k likes, 289 retweets, and 98 comments.

Those bones fans need to help us out Wink
Mortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a fan of Bones and DB I voted Angel, of course. I am #TeamAngel all the way. I retweeted pro Angel and Bangel tweets. I might send a tweet out requesting all Bones fans to vote for DB and Angel. I followed him from Buffy to Angel and then to Bones. Hopefully that will help.
elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already pointed my concern in twitter about that poll!
But i’m telling it here too.
First of all, the intention of that poll is to promote btvs mdses made by a certain @swagbyfox which is supposedly an “authorized dealer” of all goods related to Fox copyrighted shows. But it is just so surprising that such dealer is heavily concentrated with btvs mdses. It also sells goods about family guy and xfiles. But it’s noticeable that it doesnt have goods about Angel the Series (apart from mentioning Angel under btvs name) or Bones which is also produced by Fox.
Second, that btvs account is supposed to be the “official” twitter page as it had been verified, but it’s so ridiculous to see the accounts it follows. It is NOT following SMG, or DB or Joss or any of the casts and crew from btvs...EXCEPT JM.

So...there...i appreciate those bangel and angel fans who voted, but really, how many btvs anniversary do we have to endure of seeing this kind of polls. It’s already disheartening to see our fanbase is losing...it is much more insulting how btvs fandom has been ran by spukey fans now!

I dont know what will be the future of our fanbase or for how btvs fans will remember Angel, but with this kind of trend, i dont expect it to get better.
Mylie
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just took a look at the 22 accounts they are following and it's kind of a ridiculous list. JM is the only actor from the cast and they're following guys from One Direction, Britney Spears and Ricky Martin. This is a weird list. But I'm thinking that account doesn't hold much credibility.

I'd love it if we could have just 1 anniversary where the Spike vs. Angel debate isn't a thing lol. It kind of minimizes what Buffy is. Another reason why I'm not really a fan of JM retweeting it.
dcai0830
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the poll was Buffy v. Spike how Buffy would fare.
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcai0830 wrote:
I wonder if the poll was Buffy v. Spike how Buffy would fare.

Nice question 😉. But for two reasons, I am convinced Buffy will win. First, they wld let Buffy win because they are afraid to receive flaks from the buffy fans. Second, going by stats, B/S is theoritically 50% buffy and 50% spuke. buffy’s percentage will add up once Bangel fans join in because buffy fans also comprised at least 50% of Bangel fanbase. As to discrepancy, I’m not sure. With the amount of accolades spuke has been getting, buffy’s lead may not be more than 50%.

Now if buffy vs angel poll wld iniate by the same spukey fans, I think Angel wld lose bigtime. Remember when JM had this poll on his twitter where he asked his fans which finale is better between btvs and ats, or which seasons of btvs is best and the results are always favorable to Spukey and B/S fanbase?

We only get few lucks in winning just like that buzzfeed poll 2 or 3 yrs ago. Sometimes i still cant believe how things turned against Bangel all these years in online world. I’m still hoping that online polls dont represent the whole population. How little that hope may be.
dcai0830
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a great buzzfeed poll that Mylie found:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamiejirak1/28-fictional-couples-that-should-have-ended-up-together?utm_term=.ey34PnQ3m#.hsXr0eEVp

It is recent!
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^that definitely increased the “hope”.

But like i said, online polls doesnt represent the whole population. There’s a chance that most spukey fans are not aware of this article. You know their tendency to “show up” at last minute to make their idol win. The classic example was that people choice’s poll after SMG announced she’s Bangel fan in reddit interview. Angel was winning on the first day but a spuke fan with followers of 10k suddenly tweets every b/s fans she knew to vote for spuke. At the end, spuke won that poll.
cheryl
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcai0830 wrote:
Bangelfan4life wrote:

Yeah I have been trying to spread the word but it is to be expected Spuffy has a larger fan base. So far the poll is:

47%Team Spike
34%Team Angel
19%I love both!

(came in to edit as it changed)

If any of you all stop by go vote (link in the top post)

DB's tweet did very well though so it's interesting he is doing so poorly in the poll. I gues some people like him but don't like him with Buffy. Which is rare but possible. If you compare his tweet to JM for example his got alot more traction:

DB posted about BtVS he got 7.7k likes, 1.2K retweets, and 305 comments.

JM posted about it and got 2.0k likes, 289 retweets, and 98 comments.

Those bones fans need to help us out Wink

Spuffy doesn't have a bigger fan base. They hack and cheat. Have been caught doing it on more than one occasion. Pretty well known in fandom.
ETA. There was a poll called Buffy's boys that they couldn't hack or cheat and Angel beat the pants off of Spike. Well they did actually try by creating numerous accounts but it still didn't help their boy.

Irony= see above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: