Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clare Kramer Talks Buffy Reboot.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> General Show
View previous topic :: View next topic  
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Clare Kramer Talks Buffy Reboot. Reply with quote

FOX Interested In Buffy Revivial With Joss

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/929713-fox-chairman-says-there-is-talk-about-buffy-revival-frequently

FOX Chairman Says There is Talk About Buffy Revival ‘Frequently’
But it won’t happen without Joss Whedon

By Spencer Perry ON March 13, 2018

FOX Chairman says there is talk about Buffy revival ‘Frequently’

Many broadcast networks are in the business of reviving their fan-favorite TV shows from the 1990s and early 2000s, including FOX, which has revivals of The X-Files, 24, Prison Break, and the upcoming Greatest American Hero. There’s still plenty of shows that FOX could revive, however, and one that the network has thought about is Joss Whedon’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but they have one condition.

“‘Buffy’ is probably the most ripe show we have for bringing back,” said Fox TV group chair Gary Newman at the INTV Conference (via Variety). “It’s something we talk about frequently, and Joss Whedon is really one of the greatest creators we ever worked with. When Joss decides it’s time, we’ll do it. And until Joss decides it’s time, it won’t happen.”

A follow-up to the Whedon-penned Buffy the Vampire Slayer feature film, the Buffy TV series ran from 1997 to 2003 for seven seasons. The series starred Sarah Michelle Gellar in the title role alongside Alyson Hannigan, Nicholas Brendon, Charisma Carpenter, Anthony Stewart Head, David Boreanaz, Seth Green, James Marsters, Emma Caulfield, Michelle Trachtenberg, Amber Benson, and Kristine Sutherland. Since its conclusion, the series has continued in comic book form, with some of the characters continuing their journey in the Angel spin-off series. There was previously a feature film reboot of the property in development at Warner Bros., but it failed to materialize.

Would you want to see a Buffy revival at FOX with Joss Whedon returning? Sound off in the comments below!

Last edited by comic fan on Wed May 30, 2018 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ unless David Greenwalt, Tim Minear, SMG and David Boreanaz joined in. But if any of them are not on board, then it is a BIG NO! Especially if it’s all about Joss Whedon.
Sorry...but Joss has 0 credibility in my eyes now, unless he rectified the mistakes he did especially on “evolving” spuke and developing B/S at expense of Angel and Bangel.

Sorry for harsh words....but yeah, i meant what i say!😑
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Reboot Will Happen ‘When Joss Decides’

https://screenrant.com/fox-buffy-vampire-slayer-tv-show-reboot/

ETA

Fox on potential Buffy reboot: 'When Joss decides it’s time, we’ll do it'

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/fox-on-potential-buffy-reboot-when-joss-decides-its-time-well-do-it

Last edited by comic fan on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the article, joss said:

Quote:
You’ve already experienced it, and part of what was great was going through it for the first time. You have to meet expectations and adjust it for the climate, which is not easy. Luckily most of my actors still look wonderful, but I’m not worried about them being creaky. I’m more worried about me being creaky as a storyteller. You don’t want that feeling that you should have left before the encore. I don’t rule it out, but I fear that

Based on that quote, i can say that joss is a REAL hypocrite or a big time liar.

It’s simple logic, if he doesnt believe in his capability as a “storyteller”, then he should have NOT approved the continuation of his “stories” in comics neither delegate to some people the responsibility of writing it, and then declaring it as CANON! If he believes he can’t write anymore, then simply dont write! Delegating others to do your work and attach your name as the one who approves the story without taking responsibility is a form of cowardice!

And what the fuck of him saying “MY ACTORS”?!!! Watching btvs and Ats taught me how to play with words, so i dont know if i’m just making it a big deal...but, srsyly...”My Actors”....why does that guy thinks he owns everything. Such an egotistic man!

This time, i’m not sorry anymore! I am angry.
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox Boss Addresses a Possible ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ Revival

http://collider.com/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-revival/
jamlin
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see myself interested in a reboot or a Slayer anthology series but no, not a revival; given the last two seasons of the series, I don't trust Joss (et al?) to tell a story – with characters I've cared about for so long – that doesn't make me mad.
Mylie
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see a series about another slayer but yeah I don't think he should touch on the characters from the original shows, unless he makes Dawn a watcher or something along those lines. That I would 100% support.

I do think it's weird that he says he doesn't trust himself and fears he should have left it be when he is continuing the story with the comics. Is he not taking the comics seriously enough to impact the shows's legacy? What does that say about their canon status? lol
dcai0830
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mylie wrote:
I'd love to see a series about another slayer but yeah I don't think he should touch on the characters from the original shows, unless he makes Dawn a watcher or something along those lines. That I would 100% support.

I do think it's weird that he says he doesn't trust himself and fears he should have left it be when he is continuing the story with the comics. Is he not taking the comics seriously enough to impact the shows's legacy? What does that say about their canon status? lol

Hmm yeah I wonder when that quote is from? It could be that it's an old quote.
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^the quote was from last year, on the 20th anniv, interview with hollywood reporter.

He also said that Buffy’s legacy is not to produce shows like Charmed and Vampire Diaries. Ironic, the comics is much worse than those two shows and yet he declared it as Canon continuation. He just contradicted himself.

Woke Bae his ass!😠 ...pffft
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/79595

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER 2020?? Fox Chief Says If Joss Whedon Wants To Bring It Back To Televison, It’s Back On Television!!

Published at: March 13, 2018

I am – Hercules!!

“When Joss decides it’s time, we’ll do it. And until Joss decides it’s time, it won’t happen,” Fox Television Chief Gary Newman just told attendees at Jerusalem’s INTV Conference.

The thing is, Whedon may not want to go forward without Sarah Michelle Geller, and Geller has been pretty meh about giving “Buffy The Vampire Slayer” the same treatment TV has lately given “Twin Peaks,” “Gilmore Girls,” “X-Files,” “Roseanne,” “Will & Grace,” etc. etc. etc.

“They want it until they see it and don’t like it, and then they’re like, ‘Why did you do that?! You ruined my favorite show!’ And then it all comes back down on you,” Gellar told the Huffington Post 11 months ago.

And as much as I revere The WB’s version of “Buffy,” I’m pretty sure I don’t want a revival if Whedon – who since Buffy’s cancellation has transformed himself into one of the most successful filmmakers on the planet -- isn’t running it. If Whedon co-writes the pilot then puts his sister-in-law in charge of the actual revival series, then I fear we’ll be stuck with a Buffy that’s only as good as “Agents of SHIELD” – and “Agents of SHIELD” is the first Whedon-created series I could not be bothered to acquire on DVD or Blu-ray.

A better idea to me might be a quartet of big-budget Whedon-written Netflix movies catching us up on what Giles, Willow, Xander, Spike, Faith and Oz have been up to since 2003.

Find Variety’s exclusive on the matter here.

Fox Executive Says Buffy Revival Is Discussed Frequently

https://lrmonline.com/news/fox-executive-says-buffy-revival-is-discussed-frequently/
elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ comicfan, dont get me wrong. I do appreciate you giving us updates on what’s happening with btvs and angel (though there are more btvs than ats news), but i think we are done in this reunion news. Nobody wants it without smg or db, even if joss was on board.
The spin off for giles or even spuke would all be useless without buffy, because people would still look for Buffy in their lives as she became a MAJOR part of him. Faith spin off may have a bigger chance to “survive” as separate show, but it would just a be victim of comparison with buffy. And I myself wont even bother to see it WITHOUT Angel, because it would be disheartening to see that the person whom Faith owed a lot for her rehabilation would not make an appearance even once. Spuke spin off might sound exciting for his fans because they have been wanting to see spuke have his OWN series that is similar with Angel and of course with Buffy coming over. For Ats fans like me, it would be disgusting and insulting, but for spukey fans it would be exciting, ONLY if there was Buffy. Without Buffy, they wont be interested with him...as his character “evolution” is always DEPENDENT with Buffy!!!

But nonetheless, with all these reunion talks, it’s STILL all about Buffy or btvs characters excluding Angel or Ats’ characters. This is my point why I react. I know that DB has adamantly already refused to reprise his role, but so is SMG. But i hate that mainstream media and some geek afficianados seem to forget that Angel also exists as the MAIN guy!

Again, comic fan, dont get me wrong with my post. I dont intend to hurt your feelings. i do appreciate you giving us updates, but with regards to this “reunion” news, i guess it’s pretty clear that we are done for now, as it is obvious that joss would not jump on it for another tv series or even a movie, not because that he “can’t” write anymore, but Because “his” actors do not want it unless they have demands to be fulfilled. Remember what he said in 2008 Paley Fest reunion when he said “the stars have to re-allign” for a reboot to happen?! That’s why he settles for the crappy comics where he has ALL the control and power he wants and without actors complaining or speaking up against him.

Only Fox wanted this reunion, but joss has been criticizing Fox nowadays, so i dont think this reunion would pursue at this time. Joss doesnt want to be controlled because he wanted to be the “one in control”. Fox may offer joss “to have control” only if translates profit for them. So, see, that’s more reason NOT to have reboot of any kinds that involves “Btvs or its key characters”, with or without joss. Besides, I dont think joss can still write anymore different than btvs, ats, firefly or dollhouse. Based on those shows, there will always be a woman being a victim of abuse or a jerk guy who will turn out as the “good guy”.
dcai0830
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like to hear these kinds of news comic so thanks for keeping us in the loop with what you find around web. I am a fan of buffy and the entire property and I like to know what is going on around the buffyverse. Smile
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ with all due respect, dcai0830, you can still get the same news on twitter, just search btvs.😉

Again, i’m not trying to halt comicfan of updating us. His efforts are appreciated. But only this particular news is going nowhere. And it is the same contents. And the last one posted was an “opiniated article”, not a fair news, even in this trivial matter.

Sorry for being demanding, but I was hoping that there will be MORE news about Angel or Angel the Series. But if none, then it says a lot about this fandom. That’s all. No harm intended.
Mylie
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also interested in the news.

I don't care if it will amount to nothing, if the medias talk about BtVS I want to know. And sometimes it also brings a reaction from Joss and co so it's interesting to know what their stance on the topic is as those things tend to change with time.

So thanks comic fan!
elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ no offense, but these reunion talks have been since like “forever” and the actors have always said their stance eversince, if you are really FOLLOWING all the news. Even joss has already said his stance everytime he has been asked about this. Correct me if i am wrong, but joss even said it in one of his many interviews that he would PREFER for Firefly to comeback but most people still ask him about btvs.

So i dont know why this “news” is trying to be revived, when how many times do we have to hear the SAME answer from main stars?!😒 The only actors and personell who could be interested in this are those who have nothing better to do with their lives and still want to bring back the glory they have in Btvs.

Though i myself will always be interested for Angel revival with DB on it, but REALITY kicks in. He is no longer fit to play the role of youthful Angel. If only the revival would have done a year AFTER Ats ended on 2004, perhaps DB wld still be interested to play this in a movie setting, as he said before.

SMG, oth, says she will agree on a reunion depending on “time” and “script”. Buffy is mortal so even if she ages today, she can easily fit it. It all depends on the “script”...the only question is, if she would agree for a script with B/S and without Angel?!

As to other characters, sorry Mylie, as interesting as your views that you would want to see Dawn continue her story, nobody would be interested to see Dawn. Let’s all be real...this reunion talk came from FOX exec, not joss or any of the main characters. FOX wanted profit...and a spin off for any lesser characters doesnt translate “profit”. The only characters who have larger fanbase in btvs are the options, and those could be Faith and Spuke, which i already aired why it should not be done. And if those spin offs were really wanted to be pursued, they shld have done it before.

The problem with btvs fandomd is that more bandwagons are jumping in. The oldtimers demand “continuation” and “closure” of tv series and joss gave us the continuity in comics, in which, most of us detested.

I’m not trying to burst anyone’s bubble and like i said, I dont intend to be ungrateful to comic fan. I just want to reiterate that, just in case some readers are implying I am not grateful.

But please guys, can we move on from this? All these news have the SAME contents, so it’s not something new. What do we get, opinions from other article writers?!! And i dont think we will hear stance from David Fury, David greenwalt or tim minear about this reunion, because people are all so focus on what Joss will say that they all think the credit goes everything to joss even after we know what happened behind the scenes!

So again, i apologize for being adamant about this. And i am sorry if i annoyed anyone here. And i am sorry for comicfan if I find this news redundant. But as an Ats who is desperately seeking for better news about Angel or Ats, this reunion talk without Angel is just adding desperation.

I hope you guys get what I mean! Peace to all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> General Show All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: