Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buffy Season 12 News:Article On End Of Buffy DH Comics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Comics Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grace Newman
Chosen One

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could definitely see her giving a stuffed pig to a niece or nephew in honor of Mr. Gordo!
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same,I could see her giving it to her niece or nephew.
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Covers and Solicitation for Buffy S12:The Reckoning # 2.

https://www.cbr.com/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-ether-july-2018-solicitations/

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #2 (of 4)

•Christos Gage (W), Joss Whedon (W), Georges Jeanty (P/Variant cover), Karl Story (I), Dan Jackson (C), Stephanie Hans (Cover), and Phil Noto (Ultra variant cover)
•On sale July

•FC, 32 pages • $3.99 • Miniseries

•With his ownership of Slayer memories, Harth has come from the future to destroy Buffy and all the Slayers, stealing their power for his own. At his side are demons and evil-kind, a massive army that Buffy and the Scoobies weren’t expecting. To even the playing field, the gang travels to the future to recruit Fray and learn of their dismal fate—should they fail in this battle against Harth . . .
•The return of Fray!
•The Reckoning will be the culmination of all the Buffy seasons!

dcai0830
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks as always for keeping us in the loop Comic!

Trying to keep my excitement measured but I love seeing Angel and Buffy walking side by side on that cover. Angel looks great. Not 100% like himself but I like the artistic interpretation.

And SPIKE ISN'T THERE! But I'm trying not to read too much into that. It just makes me excited at the prospect of a post-Spuffy story even if it's just B/A teaming up to do some work together. I'm here for that.

Added bonus points if there is some making out but really I am not greedy!
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffy Season 12 cover artist Stephanie Hans posted on twitter what I assume is a tease for another season 12 cover(probably issue 3 is my guess).

https://mobile.twitter.com/HansStephanie/status/986193893334142976/photo/1

Stephanie Hans
@HansStephanie

Finally getting to draw my TV crush from back in the days seriously, who could have tell you could get paid to gawk at pictures of spike all day. . #buffy #darkhorse #wip @DarkHorseComics @jamesmarsters pic.twitter.com/8CCPoqyfFr

3:45 AM - 17 Apr 2018

dcai0830
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh why can't we have nice things without Spike getting in the way?? lol Smile
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know; maybe he's all scowly because Buffy broke up with him. It's important to stay positive! Very Happy
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true Taaroko! I also have to remember that it is all speculation and we really just don't know until we get these issues in June. Smile
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is not a flattering drawing of him at all.

It reminds me of Ebenener Scrooge and the likes of him...
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Christos Gage Buffy Season 12 Interview.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Article/211447-A-Newborn-For-Buffy

A Newborn For Buffy?

Apr 22, 2018

by Vince Brusio

The time for rest and relaxation is over, as Christos Gage hops on board to co-write with Joss Whedon Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #1 (APR180011) for Dark Horse Comics. In this PREVIEWSworld Exclusive interview, Gage explains that he and Whedon are about to write some impossible stuff. Earth-shattering apocalyptic stuff. It may just give the artists migraines. So grab some Tylenol, and read on, fiends!

Vince Brusio: Season 12 takes place a year after we last saw Buffy and the Scoobies battling a big bad. It sounds like they had the opportunity to take a break. What did that down time look like? Have they had a chance to reflect on what they do, and if it’s still worth doing?

Christos Gage: Things have progressed in their lives, in different ways for each character. Without an apocalypse or Big Bad attacking, they've had a chance to spend more time thinking about what they want their future to look like. Some of the changes are bigger than others...for instance, SOMEONE'S got a baby! We see Buffy holding it right on the cover. Is it hers? Dawn and Xander's? Willow's? Harmony and Clem's? Okay, probably not that last one.

Vince Brusio: In this first issue, we’re said to expect the return of Fray. What’s the special occasion? How is this indicative of where the story will take us in Season 12?

Christos Gage: We're finally dealing head-on with something referred to as ancient history in the future-set Fray comic Joss wrote a few years back, which leads to the end of Slayers for two hundred years. It's this huge battle against the massed forces of evil...and it will affect not only our time but Fray's future time period as well.

Vince Brusio: “The Reckoning” is being touted as “the culmination of all the Buffy seasons.” That is one tall order, to say the least. Can you give us a heads-up on how such a massive feat will be executed?

Christos Gage: Well, Joss and I got together and talked about what we wanted to accomplish, and there was general agreement that Fray's world has been set up like this almost "Days of Future Past"/Ragnarok type future that the Buffyverse was headed towards, springing out of a huge apocalyptic battle that led to all Slayers and most supernatural creatures being banished from Earth. So we figured that to NEVER show that or address it was kind of a cop-out. Plus something that huge was a great reason to get all the characters together. As to how it will be executed, we'll write impossible stuff, and Georges Jeanty and Karl Story and the rest of our amazing team will somehow make it real.

Vince Brusio: If you could geek out over a particular scene in issue #1, what would it be? Why does this scene strike you as special?

Christos Gage: Gotta go with Buffy and the baby. Whose baby is it? What does it mean to Buffy and her life? And everybody else's? You'll have to wait and see.

Grace Newman
Chosen One

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When do the August solicitations come out? I'm getting antsy for the #3 covers! Will we get preview page(s) for #2 soon?
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace Newman wrote:
When do the August solicitations come out? I'm getting antsy for the #3 covers! Will we get preview page(s) for #2 soon?

Probably mid May for issue 3 solicictation and covers

Preview pages for issue 2 probably won't come out until after issue 1 is released which is June 20.Issue 2 comes out July 18.So the preview pages will most likely hit a week or two before that.
Grace Newman
Chosen One

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, comic fan!
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Covers for Buffy Season 12 # 3.

http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?20765-Season-12-Announced!/page17

comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got the covers yesterday for Buffy S12 # 3.

Now here's the solicitation.

https://www.newsarama.com/39985-early-look-at-august-s-black-hammer-buffy-tomb-raider-from-dark-horse.html

Joss Whedon! Christos Gage!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #3 (of 4)

Christos Gage (W), Joss Whedon (W), Georges Jeanty (P/Variant cover), Karl Story (I), Dan Jackson (C), Stephanie Hans (Cover), and Scott Fischer (Ultra variant cover)

On sale Aug 22
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries

The battle against future vampire and Slayer twin, Harth, and his legion of evil, has already begun in the present when Buffy, Fray, and the Scoobies return from the future ready to fight. The Reckoning is now, and if the future can be changed, it will take everything that Buffy has to save the Slayers and our world.
• The Reckoning will be the culmination of all the Buffy Seasons!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Comics Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: