Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to Find B/A on the Web
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamlin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcai0830 wrote:
First of all - Hi Smile It's great to see you here!

Second - this is amazing. Did you do this? It must have taken you a while to get it all together. It's a great contribution to the fandom. It's funny because Grace and I were just talking about getting together and doing a cross reference chart similar to this for post s3 B/A references.

I might still do it for fun to see if I can catch any additional references but this is a great way to make sure I don't miss anything. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Grace Newman wrote:
Wow, jamlin, this is neat! Thanks for sharing!

angelisbetter wrote:
Jamie, how are you so organized and have such an amazing blog?! Even the index to the scenes was fantastic!

Hi, and thanks so much guys! I made this index a while ago, but I remember it didn't take long to make. Thankfully BuffyWorld has all of the episode transcribed/scripts, so I just had to copy/paste and do a little bit of formatting. I like working with HTML/coding so it was fun to create! And keep me posted if you two make that cross-reference chart!

In my daily life I am so not this organised, but having that index makes my life so much easier when planning B/A vids/gifsets... I like to be as comprehensive as possible haha
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added to the main post. Thanks for the contribution!
dcai0830
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there is much of a live journal bangel community left? Is it worth joining or have most people migrated away?

I know IWRY is still technically hosted there so not sure if there are any LJ-ers that are still active over there.

Also, there is an account on tumblr as follows:

http://iwrymarathon-blog.tumblr.com/

But it has not been updated with the IWRY stories for the past 5 years. Does anyone know who runs the tumblr acct? If you or anyone you know owns this account I would be happy to help update the blog with our recent stories. Just let me know if I can help! Smile
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcai0830 wrote:
Does anyone know if there is much of a live journal bangel community left? Is it worth joining or have most people migrated away?

I know IWRY is still technically hosted there so not sure if there are any LJ-ers that are still active over there.

Well, I know those of us who are left would be happy to have you...

Quote:

But it has not been updated with the IWRY stories for the past 5 years. Does anyone know who runs the tumblr acct? If you or anyone you know owns this account I would be happy to help update the blog with our recent stories. Just let me know if I can help! Smile

This is gonna bug me. As soon as she shows herself, or someone else remembers, I'm going to be all like "Oh of COURSE, how could I forget!?"
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcai0830 asked:
Quote:

As Kairos says, there are still a few of us over there.

Quote:

But it has not been updated with the IWRY stories for the past 5 years. Does anyone know who runs the tumblr acct? If you or anyone you know owns this account

The IWRY Tumblr was run by Dralf, one of our writers. She has, or had, an LJ but it hasn't been updated for years. Unfortunately I haven't spoken to her since the last year that I ran IWRY.

"Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Star wrote:

The IWRY Tumblr was run by Dralf, one of our writers. She has, or had, an LJ but it hasn't been updated for years. Unfortunately I haven't spoken to her since the last year that I ran IWRY.

Oh of COURSE, how could I forget!?
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of water under the bridge, Kairos. It does seem a long time ago.

"Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the previous IWRY Marathon Tumblr page went dark, D and I -- in consultation with angelus2hot -- decided to start a new one. It doesn't have much content yet, but you can follow it here: https://iwillrememberyoumarathon.tumblr.com/

Thanks to D for the great art!

So far, D and I are planning to use it to:
-Post a link to each story during the month of November after they're revealed on AO3/LJ (obviously)
-Let people know when signups are open and post about the marathon to try to recruit writers
-Start a weekly rec post - "IWRY Spotlight Sunday" - to highlight one story from the marathon's vast archive

We're also considering:
-Occasionally reblogging IWRY-episode-themed gifsets
-Posting about new B/A content from past marathon contributors

Is there anything else you would like from the Tumblr? We're totally open to suggestions or feedback about the blog.

Also, if you want to get into the rec action, we're planning to tag our recs #iwry spotlight sunday, so if you want to rec something, just use the tag and we can reblog it.
Mylie
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace Newman wrote:
Since the previous IWRY Marathon Tumblr page went dark, D and I -- in consultation with angelus2hot -- decided to start a new one. It doesn't have much content yet, but you can follow it here: https://iwillrememberyoumarathon.tumblr.com/

Thanks to D for the great art!

So far, D and I are planning to use it to:
-Post a link to each story during the month of November after they're revealed on AO3/LJ (obviously)
-Let people know when signups are open and post about the marathon to try to recruit writers
-Start a weekly rec post - "IWRY Spotlight Sunday" - to highlight one story from the marathon's vast archive

We're also considering:
-Occasionally reblogging IWRY-episode-themed gifsets
-Posting about new B/A content from past marathon contributors

Is there anything else you would like from the Tumblr? We're totally open to suggestions or feedback about the blog.

Also, if you want to get into the rec action, we're planning to tag our recs #iwry spotlight sunday, so if you want to rec something, just use the tag and we can reblog it.

This is such a good idea you and D had!

The only other thing I can think of is maybe reblogging and showcasing the bangel fics who were featured on Sunnydale Fanfic Club, maybe also linking to the episodes? So that maybe bangel fans will know more about it and rec fics to the podcast as well. It might not work, but I think it's worth trying and it makes sense given the content you'll be sharing.
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mylie wrote:
The only other thing I can think of is maybe reblogging and showcasing the bangel fics who were featured on Sunnydale Fanfic Club, maybe also linking to the episodes? So that maybe bangel fans will know more about it and rec fics to the podcast as well. It might not work, but I think it's worth trying and it makes sense given the content you'll be sharing.

Thanks, that's a great idea!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: