Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello everyone!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Hi Everyone!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alilbitgoth
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Hello everyone! Reply with quote

Hi, I'm alilbitgoth I found this site from someone posting it on IMDB on the BVTS thread. (thanks BTW if you're on this board).

I have been a Bangel shipper for 18 years, yep since the beginning. I'm so happy I found this place. I consider this couple my first emotional ship. I never had a fictional couple that had me in my feels as much as they did.

I look forward to meeting and talking with the rest of the bangel family.
elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to this forum alilbitgoth Very Happy

My name is Joselle...but here, I preferred to be called "elle". It's nice to see new posters. I'm a bit of a "ranting" poster here...but I want nothing but the best for this forum, so I look forward to your post about Buffy/Angel

Mr. Green
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi, I'm alilbitgoth I found this site from someone posting it on IMDB on the BVTS thread. (thanks BTW if you're on this board).

We got a mention at IMDB? Wow…

Hello – welcome to the board!

Edited to add:

A friend sent me a link to the post mentioned. It says:
Quote:

The Blood Roses forum was also set up for Bangels who have been bullied out of the main fandom as a result of the comics

…? What? We’ve been here for 12 years! That’s just a little bit earlier than the comics started… I appreciate the mention, of course, but...?

"Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
babytess6693
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board, Alilbitgoth.

I just absolutely adore your name, it is quite divine.

My name is Clymenstara Alpaca TurtleWax PartyOverHere TacoButt DON'TSHOOT turman but everyone around these parts just calls me tess.

I have been a bangel shipper for 11 years and a member of this place for a loong time. I lurked for even longer than that lol.

Alili....what skills do you have that can utilized within the fandom?

Do you write or are you a beta reader? Do you create manips or fanart?

Are you someone that can create fanvids?

You don't need to have those skills in order to hang out here. We are just always looking for people who can help out around the site.

You know share ideas and make the site better.

Nevertheless, Welcome to Blood Roses and I hope to see you around. Smile
alilbitgoth
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

@babytess6693 I am on FF.net under the same name. I desperately need to finish my stories but I haven't been inspired to write for a while. I do want to write a Buffy story sometime in the future.

I do photoshop some. I wouldn't consider myself a pro. LOL! movie editing is something I'm trying to get into next. I totally want to do fan vids.

I consider myself kind of late to the fandom due to spending my teen years into Anne Rice & Anita Blake plus I didn't really get into the internet until 2002 and didn't get my computer until 2007. So I had no clue about geocites and other stuff back then LOL! When I read you guys back post I feel like I missed out on a lot.
babytess6693
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alilbitgoth wrote:
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

@babytess6693 I am on FF.net under the same name. I desperately need to finish my stories but I haven't been inspired to write for a while. I do want to write a Buffy story sometime in the future.

I do photoshop some. I wouldn't consider myself a pro. LOL! movie editing is something I'm trying to get into next. I totally want to do fan vids.

I consider myself kind of late to the fandom due to spending my teen years into Anne Rice & Anita Blake plus I didn't really get into the internet until 2002 and didn't get my computer until 2007. So I had no clue about geocites and other stuff back then LOL! When I read you guys back post I feel like I missed out on a lot.

Hi Alilbitgoth

Would you mind sharing the link to your page on ff.net? I have the same problem with my own stories. Sometimes it feels like I never have time to write.

I want to write a huge anthology but I am such a slowpokeyass about it.

Photoshopping is better than nothing. You want to do fanvids? Oh I hope you have a lot of patience. Editing was hell for me.

I never read anything even remotely vampiric before entering the buffyverse. My teen years were spent with Harold Robbins and Jackie Collins.

Geocities never completely died. All you have to do is type a particular site into the wayback machine. Oh I love the wayback machine. Smile

It's really a great tool when needing to find stories that are considered to be lost forever.

The nice thing about the blood is that the site is pretty vintage. I mean whether you have been a bangel for either 5 years or 5 minutes, you know about this place. People think we died off but we are the concrete rose. Smile
elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A friend sent me a link to the post mentioned. It says:

Quote:

Quote:
The Blood Roses forum was also set up for Bangels who have been bullied out of the main fandom as a result of the comics

…? What? We’ve been here for 12 years! That’s just a little bit earlier than the comics started… I appreciate the mention, of course, but...?

The person who wrote that in IMdb definitely lives in a cave. A caveman or someone who cheers for a certain character in the fandom who prefers a caveman over an astronaut!

As for me, I only officially joined on 2010 when B/A reunion happened on comics S8, but I have been lurking on this site way before 2010...

It's entirely impossible for me to miss visiting Blood Roses because it is linked to Scribes Fanfiction w/c is for me a "heavenly place for B/A and Angel fanfics".

I would never forget this forum because when I was a novice fan of this fandom, Blood Roses was a place of "information" for anything involves around Angel and B/A...This and Ducks' (Anti-Joss) forum.

Quote:
I consider myself kind of late to the fandom due to spending my teen years into Anne Rice & Anita Blake plus I didn't really get into the internet until 2002 and didn't get my computer until 2007. So I had no clue about geocites and other stuff back then LOL! When I read you guys back post I feel like I missed out on a lot

I have been visiting sites about Angel and Ats around year 2002, but I only got to "shipping wars" at around 2006 or 2007, after I saw B/A's backstory on reruns the very same year. Of course, I had so-called "shipping preference" for Angel before I became a hardcore B/A fan.....but nothing as serious as I have been now for B/A. And you could imagine how "obsessed" I was surfing the net for information about B/A (and coincidentally with DB/SMG so-called friendship, too Smile ), because I was so fascinated by the scenes I saw on BTVS S1-S3 and since then, I guess, my life was "ruined" due to the "emotional investments" I put up for them. Very Happy

Quote:
Geocities never completely died. All you have to do is type a particular site into the wayback machine. Oh I love the wayback machine. Smile

Really?...How did u do it?..I found some geocities site but only when I googled a particular word and I had to click the "cached" version. I'm not familiar with wayback machine. I want to know more about it. Smile

Quote:
The nice thing about the blood is that the site is pretty vintage. I mean whether you have been a bangel for either 5 years or 5 minutes, you know about this place. People think we died off but we are the concrete rose. Smile

Yup..I agree. And even if most of us here are "biased" due to our preference of B/A ship, I learned A LOT of sensible perspectives, most especially from posts of old B/A fans I used to lurk on.

And that's what I missed in this fandom -- more perspectives from those "expert" B/A fans. I remember seeing some of them in Ducks forum, but unfortunately, I couldn't find that site anymore. I guess, the way the people behind the franchise has been treating Angel and B/A "drove them away".

Eversince the B/S fans claim their "dominance" in fandom, I have refused to acknowledge that B/A fans are lower in numbers compared to those B/S fans...

Joss and company should know that we are still in existence. I mean, have you seen the way fans and mainstream media react on a DB/SMG tweets at each other??? It's overwhelming. IMO, it's a testament that there are people out there who are still fascinated by B/A's story and the chemistry between SMG and DB.

Maybe "absence REALLY makes the heart grow fonder", and it somehow worked for our love for B/A...but I wish Joss and his present minions WOULD NOT take it LITERALLY that all they could do is to make Angel and Buffy "absent" on each others' lives.
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's entirely impossible for me to miss visiting Blood Roses because it is linked to Scribes Fanfiction w/c is for me a "heavenly place for B/A and Angel fanfics".

Glad to hear that you can’t stay away! And that you like Scribes… I just wanted to say that I haven’t abandoned Scribes, though it probably seems like it... I’ve just had a lot of real life to deal with and haven’t had much spare time, but I will continue to update it as and when I can. It’s my oldest surviving site after all…

elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^thanks to you and your effort to maintain this forum and Scribes for longest time now. Very Happy Heart

yeah, it was December last year since a new fic was added. But don't worry, with hundreds of fics stored in Scribes, I can get thru of my longings for good Angel and B/A stories.

Thanks again Very Happy
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome, alilbitgoth! Love seeing new faces around here.

And to the board in general, hello to you too, and I'm sorry I haven't been posting at all lately. I've been busy and also just don't have any debate fuel in me at the moment.

It would be nice to really engage with some of the newer members for once, though. Maybe we should bring out the old "get to know you" thread?
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elle2 said:

Quote:
^thanks to you and your effort to maintain this forum and Scribes for longest time now.

If people didn’t use my resources I probably wouldn’t provide them. So really, its thanks to those of you who give a damn, that they’re still here!

Quote:
yeah, it was December last year since a new fic was added. But don't worry, with hundreds of fics stored in Scribes, I can get thru of my longings for good Angel and B/A stories.

Um… Embarassed

But serisously, once Scribes got to about 700 stories I never intended to update as often, but then, I never intended it to go so long without one, either…

And for Kairos:

Quote:

And to the board in general, hello to you too, and I'm sorry I haven't been posting at all lately. I've been busy and also just don't have any debate fuel in me at the moment.

Hello!!!

Quote:
It would be nice to really engage with some of the newer members for once, though. Maybe we should bring out the old "get to know you" thread?

Sounds fun!

elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

yup....i felt the same. Actually, I won't come out online and express my support for B/A and Angel if ONLY I still find lots of B/A and Ats fansites. I was so saddened that most sites I used to visit on 2006 are no where to be found now. There were Angel forums I used to lurk on 2003 but unfortunately, when blondie vamp was inserted in Season 5, most of his fans "infested" those sites and the topics were ALL DIVERTED to "blondie vamp worship syndrome" or "Angel vs blondie vamp" or worse "Angel loves blondie vamp"..."blondie vamp saves Ats"....oh well, it was a SAD MOMENT moment for me to see the things I love about Ats were seemed IGNORED just because of this certain character whom, for me, was really INSIGNIFICANT to Ats.

I know, it seems that I am in ranting mode again, but I could never forget how DISAPPOINTED I was that Spuky fans "invaded" even the Ats forums. Even if I wasn't a B/A fan at that moment, I kinda hated the thought that there were posters on Ats forums "hated" Angel on his OWN SHOW.

Even back then, I observed that most Angel fans were passive and kinda afraid of confrontation; hence, they were "easily" overpowered by the aggressive and arrogant blondie vamp's fans. I was one of those "passive" fans who mostly lurked and hoped that a B/A reunion would make ALL THE WAITING be worth waiting for.

DB/SMG "rekindled" friendship made it worth the wait.

....And yet, this bad-storytelling from comics versioncame out and the rest is history.

Even if I came out as "aggressive" poster here, I am also saddened that we, as B/A fans, have debated/argued on certain things. It's always unpleasant to see factions in a group...But in spite of our differences in views here, there's an underlying beauty comes out -- and that's our love for Buffy/Angel's love story.

Truly, love is a "binding force". I have learned a lot of insights from other posters,as well as I have thought of my own insights about Angel, B/A and the shows, in general.

I hope and pray that no matter what Joss "plans" and "prefers" to do about B/A and Angel...may Blood Roses will continue to exist as a "sanctuary" for lost souls who are nostalgic for good discussion about the epic and beautiful love story of a slayer and a vampire...And I'm talking about Buffy and Angel here...NO ONE ELSE.

Heart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sounds fun!

How do you guys want to start this one?
alilbitgoth
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babytess6693 wrote:

Hi Alilbitgoth

Would you mind sharing the link to your page on ff.net? I have the same problem with my own stories. Sometimes it feels like I never have time to write.

I want to write a huge anthology but I am such a slowpokeyass about it.

Photoshopping is better than nothing. You want to do fanvids? Oh I hope you have a lot of patience. Editing was hell for me.

I never read anything even remotely vampiric before entering the buffyverse. My teen years were spent with Harold Robbins and Jackie Collins.

It's really a great tool when needing to find stories that are considered to be lost forever.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2400085/Alilbitgoth

I've played around with Power Director. I have that on my laptop. I love the creating process. I want to get my hands on that Sony vegas pro. I saw a B/A fan vid edited with that program and it looked stunning.

I should have said angelfire instead of geocities. Jackie Collins Lady Boss was my first adult book. I was like 9 or 10, I used to read along with my mom. She would be in bed reading and I would get in bed with her and read and she would explain things to me.

Thanks for the welcome, Darkstar, elle2 & Kairos I've been browsing the site and reading a few threads. I've been getting educated on what I've missed. Usually when I watch stuff I turn my brain off and enjoy. I've found that when I'm thinking to hard about something, I'm not able to enjoy it as much and so it seems a lot went over my head. LOL!

For me, when DB left for his own show, I kinda felt like the show was over at least for me. I watched buffy up until S5 and it was off & on then. I was into other stuff by then. I watched S6 up until Smashed and I watched that sex scene in horror Y'all my soul left my body that day. I was done with the show after that. Haven't watched the rest of S6 nor 7 and kinda don't want to. So you know I haven't read the comics. I am however in the process of getting S8 comics just for the Bangel part. So I only watch S1-4 but mostly S1-3.

Same thing with Angel. That cordy romance was wrong. I loved when Darla came back but then the whole pregnancy thing killed me. I think when he took over wolfam & hart was when I started watching less.
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friends This is SHakeel Ahmed. How Are You.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Hi Everyone! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: