Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

30 Days of Bangel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: 30 Days of Bangel Reply with quote

For Bangel fans who still lurk at this forum, please be informed that in case you are in social media esp twitter, there is an on-going tribute about Bangel for 30 days. I dont know who thought of this but here are the guideline questions for each day

I,myself, has already forgotten how to honor Bangel by talking about how great and uncomparable it is from any other btvs/ats couple. Yes, it still hurts how much joss and company tolerated the ship war and allowed Bangel’s status to be REDUCED as merely an “optional” pairing. It’s still annoying how we talked about Bangel without avoiding to bring in the rival ship as comparison. It’s still degrading how we are FORCED to engage in ship war DELIBERATELY by some selfish creator, just to make endless debates that at the end, some fans will find ridiculous to be fooled at.

I am really tired of ship war coz it really brings the worst in me. Not because i dont know how to discuss, but because i feel that as a bangel fan, I dont have any enough materials to win arguments against the rival ship, especially if we talked about “CANON”, nowadays.

But what if for 30 days, let us pretend things were different from now. Let’s pretend that joss did NOT own Bangel. What if Buffy and Angel live their TALE beyond what ANY “authorized crap” STORYTELLERS tell...what do we say about Bangel and beyond?

I know i have trouble with some members here, but let’s do this for Buffy and Angel...for BAngel. Spread the hashtag and post your fave about Bangel. The mods could the same here in forum. Just FYI. Thanks
Grace Newman
Chosen One

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting, elle!

dcai0830 and I collaborated on the questions. It's been exciting to see the participation on Tumblr, Twitter and Buffy-Boards.

We've been using the hashtag #30DaysofBangel if you want to check out responses on Tumblr and Twitter or join in yourself. And we have a thread going on Buffy-Boards that's a great read as well: (New) 30 Days of Bangel

We're currently on Day 13. You can start there or go back to the beginning! Smile

I also created a YouTube playlist of the B/A vids that have been shared: 30 Days of Bangel
elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace Newman wrote:
Thanks for posting, elle!

dcai0830 and I collaborated on the questions. It's been exciting to see the participation on Tumblr, Twitter and Buffy-Boards.

We've been using the hashtag #30DaysofBangel if you want to check out responses on Tumblr and Twitter or join in yourself. And we have a thread going on Buffy-Boards that's a great read as well: (New) 30 Days of Bangel

We're currently on Day 13. You can start there or go back to the beginning! Smile

I also created a YouTube playlist of the B/A vids that have been shared: 30 Days of Bangel

Thank you for doing this. I only have twitter as my main socmed acct for posting about Bangel stuffs. I try to limit myself on online stuffs that are pro-Bangel. I’m already having difficulty on filtering tweets that have anti-Bangel sentiments or anti-Angel or anti-DB. I tried to avoid tumblr and buffy board as I saw some things in there before, that were not good for my taste.

Anyway, my participation on #30DaysofBangel is just limited to Retweeting other tweets and sharing some inputs with other Bangel fans who i am comfortable interacting with.

Thanks again for doing this kind of stuff. I thought none of members here were aware that this hashtag exists in social media. But just in case there are old timer B/A fans who prefer lurking, i think they might be interested to contribute some of their bangel faves using this hashtag, even for just old time’s sake.
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for posting this, I wasn't aware of the tribute going on. I don't do much social media, but I do have (via my shop name) a Twitter. I'm a bit of a social media baby, so does anyone know if I can actually follow the #30DaysofBangel on Twitter?

Good thinking, whoever came up with this idea. As you all know, I have a special interest in IWRY and I think this idea is brilliant!

"Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
dcai0830
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Star

Just search #30DaysofBangel on Twitter and you will see the responses thus far.

You can follow me at @DMN1984 and I'll follow you back and I'll tag you on the original post. I'm behind a day but we are day 13, you can jump on in! Smile
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done that, dcai0830 - I'm @Rosebayshop over there. There is no need to follow if you'd rather not follow the shop.

I found the hashtag entry but I had a feeling you could follow those now as well. Oh well, it seems not. I'll just have to look in when I can!

"Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
dcai0830
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can follow tags on Tumblr but I don't think you can on twitter. But I'm slightly less Twitter proficient so maybe there is a way and I don't know about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: