Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bones
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Misc/Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LisaP
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Bones Reply with quote

Who is watching DB's new series?

I'm not crazy about procedural crime dramas, but at last 'Bones' does seem to be hitting its stride, and having been picked up for a third series very early, it seems to be winning favour with the network too.

DB is looking decidedly scrumptious, (my avatar is a still from the show) and is obviously having fun with the character - probably because Booth is far more like DB than ever Angel was. And kudos to DB, despite my everlasting Angel love, I think he's managed to make this new character his own, and I don't constantly think of Angel when watching him.

But has anyone else noticed the steady trickle of 'Angel' and Jossverse references in the programme.

In the episode I've just been watching (about a 9 year old pageant queen who was accidentally killed by a fellow 9 year old competitor), there were two massive references to 'Angel'.

The first was regarding a 17 year old Goth boy and went something along the lines of "Despite wearing all black and moping around, he's really perfectly harmless"

And the second was the name of the hotel that the pageant was being held at...you guessed it. The Hyperion.

Anyone else picked up on 'Angel' references?

Occasionally, I'm callous and strange
ljgould
Forum Guardian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, this semester I teach a Wednesday night class. A friend is taping Bones for me, but it usually takes a week or so for me to have time to watch the tape...I'm constantly behind.

I've enjoyed Bones from the beginning. I think you're right about the character fitting DB's own personality more closely than Angel did. Of course, part of that may be that Boothe is a lighter character than Angel.

I love the little nods to Angel/BtVS. It's fun.
LisaP
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...after saying that I'm watching 'Bones' - I'm not anymore!
Have I fallen out of love with DB, you ask in amazement? Nope - of course not. But I have fallen out of love with Mr Richard Branson.

We are one of the 3.5 million cable users in England and Mr Branson and Virgin have taken over our old cable company NTL in the past few weeks. Now Virgin have had a big falling out with Sky TV and Rupert Murdoch. The result? No more Sky One. We all switched on our TV's last thursday at 9.00pm to get our weekly DB fix - gone. So now we'll either have to switch from Cable to Satellite (and I can't bear to think of all the hassle) or I'll just have to wait for the DVD's to come along and buy those instead. Grrrrrrrr!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh poor Lisa! Fancy not getting Bones! We in Oz have just started season 2 after many stops and starts and *no* advertising. All of a sudden it's a hit! I could have told them that. When they did advertise it was without DB's pic or even a mention! He makes the show. I think they've finally realised it, and now we see his Lordship's face up there.

I must admit that people I have talked (two) tuned out because the start of season one's writing was so poor. Half-way through it has improved and continues to do so. I keep telling those two people to tune back in. Rolling Eyes

DB is looking younger (what does he do, I wonder?) and hotter every episode.

As for the Angel references? I got that! Wait till you see Booth (DB) in his long black coat. Ho boy, and then he drives a classic convertible in another. And what about The Superhero story? The Boy in the Alley? I can't remember the title.

And he has a son...which is not too like Angel because people do have sons. :~)

Yep! They're milking the Angel factor like crazy.
LisaP
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's looking hot because he's a skinny boy these days. I think if we saw him in the flesh (and yes, it's an overwhelming experience), we'd think he needed to put on a few pounds. Having said that, he looks just drop dead gorgeous at the moment and as we're only likely to be able to slaver over him on the TV (well, in my case, on DVD *sigh*), then its all to the good.

I seem to hear on the grapevine that they are thinking of making another Indiana Jones film sometime soon. Now *that* would be just perfect for our boy wouldn't it!

Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think if we saw him in the flesh (and yes, it's an overwhelming experience),

Just keep rubbing it in, why don't ya? Laughing

Quote:
(well, in my case, on DVD *sigh*),

What episodes were you up to before they pulled the plug?

Quote:
I seem to hear on the grapevine that they are thinking of making another Indiana Jones film sometime soon. Now *that* would be just perfect for our boy wouldn't it!

I heard, or read, whatever, that DB loves Indiana Jones. I do hope he gets a shot at it. We'd all go to have a peek, wouldn't we? Tissues for drool at the ready. Wink

Hugs
LisaP
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last eppy I saw was the Las Vegas one. Now I *know* that there is an -ahem- arrangement going on between one or two people who will remain nameless. Suffice to say that one of those people has promised me that certain items will be forwarded to me..... Cool

The Librarian
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrangement??

Cool

SQUAWK!

Sharing goodies is...good.

Very Happy

And Indiana IV is, unfortunately, not on the cards for DB - they've already cast some young upstart called Harrison Ford. It starts shooting in June, and will be released next May.

Crying or Very sad

Jo
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Las Vegas, huh? It only gets better, Lisa.

Sharing is good. Wink

Cough drop, JO?

Harrison Ford? Harrison Ford? But he's OLD!

Crying or Very sad
LisaP
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that they had decided to start an entire new Indiana Jones film with a new leading man. How very disappointing. Harrison Ford was gorgeous when he was DB's age, but unfortunately, he is now really too aged for the action hero roles any longer. Time to give someone else a chance I think.

The Librarian
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cough drop, JO?

Thanks, Ares. it must be this pa...frog in my throat.

Quote:
Time to give someone else a chance I think

And so say all of us! But just google Indiana Jones, and you can see how excited they all are to be working together again, with Harrison Ford as Indy... Sigh...

Jo
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo wrote:

Quote:
But just google Indiana Jones, and you can see how excited they all are to be working together again, with Harrison Ford as Indy... Sigh...

Funnily enough, I saw a snippet of the promise of the new Indiana movie a couple of days ago on one of those E news type things. I didn't see, or pay enough attention maybe, but is there a younger man acting as Ford's sidekick ready to step in his shoes when he finally relinquishes the reins?

Maybe DB could go for that...if there is even a role there for him...sigh...

*kicks at floor and mooches away*
WhoGotGme
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Bones a lot. We are on Season 3 here in the States, is it the same for you guys? How do you guys view David as Booth? Do you still think of him as Angel? I just started watching Bones this year. Last month I bought Season 1&2 and watched them in a few weeks. It's a clever show and I think it's well written.
cluelessangel85
Chosen One

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was slowly coming over to the booth way of thinking but then they took it away when it comes back i'll still think of angel

'Always'
WhoGotGme
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOX issued a press release a few days ago detailing the many changes it's making in it's 2007-2008 primetime schedule due to the writers strike. In addition to the loads of reality shows it's premiering, it's also juggling all its other shows to make room for the reality newcomers. Focusing on what we care about (Bones), here's what's going on:

Starting January 4th, Bones is moving to Friday's at 8:00

After its February 29th airing, Bones will no longer be on FOX's schedule for the remainder of the season.

First off, as I'm sure many of us know, Friday is not a good day for TV; not many people are home to watch. Bones will definitely take a ratings hit with its Friday move. On top of that, by January there will probably only be one (or two at the very most) new episodes left (since 4 are airing this month during sweeps and next month most likely brings the Christmas special, as it would be silly to move a Christmas special to January). If that's not bad enough, Bones will completely disappear after February, at least as of now. Of course nothing is certain at this point, as FOX mentioned in its press release, as the writers strike could end at any time. But for now, the future of Bones, and I'm sure this goes for the futures of many of our other shows, doesn't look too bright.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Misc/Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: