Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fic: Fated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meshakhad
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All will be revealed. The reason this is taking so long is that it isn't easy to motivate myself to transcribe an episode. The pace should pick up somewhat after I finish "Surprise".
Meshakhad
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Surprise: Act Three Reply with quote

A/N: Joss owns everything, praised be his name, etc.

Buffy struggled with the arm clutching her throat. Angel took hold of it, wrenched it off of her neck, and stuffed it back in the box. Giles slammed the lid shut while Buffy tried to catch her breath.

“Well, clearly the Hellmouth’s answer to ‘what do you get the Slayer who has everything?’. What the hell was that?” Xander said.

“Good heavens,” Giles came over to Buffy and Angel. “Buffy, are you alright?”

“Man, that thing had major grip,” Buffy coughed.

“W-what was that?” Willow asked, trembling.

“It looked like an arm,” Oz offered. The boy was reacting much better than most did in these circumstances.

“It can’t be. They wouldn’t,” Angel said. For the first time since they had met, Giles could see that Angel was scared. Not even the prophecy of Buffy’s death had affected him this way.

“What, uh, vamp’s version of ‘snakes in a can’, or do you care to share?” Xander asked.

“Angel?” Buffy asked, her voice still weak.

“It-it’s a legend,” Angel explained, “a few centuries before my time… of a demon brought forth to rid the Earth of the plague of humanity… to separate the righteous from the wicked, and to burn the righteous down. They call him the Judge.”

“The Judge? This is he?” Giles inquired. If this was the Judge Giles had read about, then Angel had good reason to be scared.

“Not all of him,” Angel shook his head.

Buffy raised her hand. “Um, still needing backstory here.”

“Um…” Giles tried to recall, “He, he couldn’t be killed, yes?” He looked to Angel for guidance. “Um, a-an army was sent against him. Most of them died… but, uh, finally they were able to dismember him, but… not kill him.”

“The pieces were scattered,” Angel continued, “buried in every corner of the Earth.”

“You seem to know more than I do,” Giles admitted.

“Darla,” Angel replied. “She brought him forth the first time. Well – she, she and the Master. She told me about it.”

“So all these parts are being brought here,” Jenny said.

“By Spike and Drusilla,” Buffy figured. “The vamps outside were Spike’s men.”

“Darla told them about it too, and Dru’s just crazy enough to do it,” Angel said.

“Do what, reassemble the Judge?” Cordelia asked.

“And bring forth Armageddon,” Angel confirmed.

“So that would be not-good,” she replied.

“We need to get this out of town,” Giles concluded.

“Angel,” Jenny declared.

“What?” Buffy said.

Jenny addressed Angel. “You have to do it. You’re the only one that can protect this thing.”

“What about me?” Buffy asked.

“What, you’re just gonna skip town for a few months?”

“Months?”

“She’s right,” Angel started pacing. “I gotta get this to the remotest region possible.”

“But that’s not months!” Buffy protested.

“I can catch a cargo ship to Asia,” Angel continued, “maybe trek to Nepal, or just drop it in the Pacific…”

“You know, those newfangled flying machines really are much safer than they used to be,” Buffy said.

“I can’t fly. There’s no sure way to guard against the daylight!” Angel took Buffy’s hands in his. “I-I-I don’t like this any more than you do, Buffy. But there’s no other choice.”

“When?” she asked, her voice breaking.

“Tonight. As soon as possible.”

“But it’s my birthday.”

“I’ll drive you to the docks,” Jenny offered.

“You lost it?” Drusilla glared right at Dalton. She wasn’t nearly as violent as Spike, but somehow, she was even more terrifying, especially since she had been restored to health. Dalton sometimes regretted helping Spike with that.

“You… lost… my… present!”

“I know,” Dalton admitted. “I’m sorry.”

“It was a bad turn, man,” Spike said. “She can’t have her fun without the box.”

“The Slayer,” Dalton tried to offer. “She came out of nowhere. I didn’t even see her. She -”

Drusilla put a finger to his lips. She stared at him and removed his glasses. She dropped them to the floor and crushed them under her shoe. She then lifted her head with her eyes closed.

“Make a wish,” she intoned.

“What?”

She held two fingers up to his eyes. “I’m going to blow out the candles.”

Ohshitohshitohshitohshit…

“You might give him a chance to find your lost treasure,” Spike suggested. “He is a wanker, but he’s the only one we’ve got with half a brain. If he fails, you can eat his eyes out of his sockets for all I care.”

“I’ll get it. Please. I swear,” Dalton pleaded, meaning every word.

Drusilla thrust both her hands at him and pulled them back, clenching them into fists. She smiled evilly, then bent down and picked up his glasses.

“Okay,” she unfolded them and set them back on his nose. “Hurry back then.”

She patted him on the head. Which would have been strange for any other vampire, but with Drusilla, it was fairly normal.

At least she isn’t eating my eyes.

Buffy and Angel walked toward the ship. Angel held the box on his shoulder with his right arm, and Buffy’s arm with his left. Buffy leaned into him, and he kissed her on the head.

How would she deal with this? How could she go on not knowing where Angel was, how he was? Buffy wanted to go with him. She didn’t care if she got expelled. In truth, the only thing keeping her here was the Hellmouth.

They reached the gangplank, and Angel set the box down. They both stepped away from the box.

“I should go the rest of the way alone,” Angel said. “But I’ll be back. I will.”

“When?” Buffy asked him, pleading. “Six months? A year? You don’t know how long it’s gonna take or if we’ll even…” she looked down.

“Hey,” Angel raised her chin. “If we’ll even what?”

Tears welled in Buffy’s eyes. “Well, if you haven’t noticed, someone pretty much always wants us dead.”

“Don’t say that,” Angel chided. “We’ll be fine.”

“We don’t know that.”

“We can’t know, Buffy. Nobody can. That’s just the deal.”

He reached into his pocket. “I have something for you. For your birthday. I… I was gonna give it to you earlier, but…”

He showed her a silver ring. The design was of two hands clasping a crowned heart.

“It’s beautiful,” she said.

“It’s a claddagh ring,” Angel explained. “My people – before I was changed – they exchanged this as a sign of devotion. The hands represent friendship, the crown represents loyalty, and the heart… well, you know. If you wear it,” he slipped it onto the ring finger on her right hand, “with the heart pointing towards you, it means you belong to somebody. Like this.”

He showed her an identical ring on his own hand. Buffy leaned over and kissed it.

“I don’t wanna do this,” she sobbed.

“Me either.”

“So don’t go.”

They kissed, and Buffy put her arms around him. They kissed some more.

“Buffy… I…” Angel started to say something, but was interrupted by two vamps jumping at them from some netting. One pulled Buffy off of Angel and threw her back, while the other began fighting Angel. Buffy rolled to her feet, grabbed the vampire near her, and started pummeling him. While they were fighting, Klepto Glasses dropped out of the netting, and grabbed the box.

“Angel! The box!” she shouted.

Angel flipped his opponent onto his back, staked him, and took off after Klepto Glasses, tackling him. Buffy continued fighting, ducking a roundhouse kick. However, the vamp was able to grab a hold of her jacket, and fling her into the water.

When Angel pulled her out, the box was gone.

Xander yawned. Willow sighed. Giles looked up from his books.

“They should be back by now,” he said.

“Maybe Buffy needed a few minutes to pull herself together,” Willow suggested. “Poor Buffy, on her birthday and everything.”

“You have no idea,” came Buffy’s reply from the doorway.

“Buffy!” Willow said.

“What happened?” Giles asked. “Where’s Jenny?”

“Spike’s guys ambushed us,” Buffy said. “They got the box. Jenny took Angel to get clothing. I, I had some here.”

“And we needed clothes because…” Xander asked.

“We got wet. Giles, what do we know?”

Giles shook his head. “The more I study the Judge, the less I like him. His touch can literally burn the humanity out of you. A true creature of evil can survive the process. No human ever has.”

“What’s the problem?” Xander asked. “We send Snyder to fight this guy, and we order pizza.”

Everyone smiled for a moment. Buffy turned back to Giles.

“Can this guy be stopped? Without an army?”

“Um,” Giles read from the book he was holding, “’no weapon forged can kill him.’ Not very encouraging. If we could only stop them from assembling him.”

“We need to find his weak spots, and we need to figure out where they’d be keeping him.”

“Better do a round robin,” Willow said. “Xander, you go first.”

“Good call,” Buffy agreed.

Xander headed for the phone.

“Round robin?” Giles inquired.

“It’s when everybody calls everybody’s mom and tells them they’re staying at everyone else’s house,” Willow explained.

“Thus freeing us up for world saveage,” Buffy said.

“And all-night keggers!” Willow added. On Buffy and Giles’ looks: “What, only Xander gets to make dumb jokes?”

“I think I read this already,” Xander pushed his book away.

“I can’t get over how cool Oz was about all this,” Willow smiled.

“Gee, I’m over it,” Xander said.

“You’re just jealous ‘cause you didn’t have a date for the party,” Willow replied smugly.

“No, I sure didn’t,” Xander went back to reading.

Giles came into the main room. “Angel? Any luck?”

Angel came out of the stacks. As he approached Giles’ office, Giles held up his hand.

“Sh-sh-sh,” he hushed Angel. Angel followed Giles’ gaze into the office, where Buffy was asleep with her head on the desk. Giles waved Angel to follow him.

“Seems Buffy needed some rest,” Giles whispered.

“Yeah,” Angel said. “She hasn’t been sleeping well. Tossing and turning.” Everyone looked at him. “She told me. Because of her dreams?”

Buffy wandered around a warehouse. It had been decorated for a party, with candles that were burning low. On the other side of the table, she saw Jenny walking the other way. She was about to address her when she was distracted by several boxes, including the one that had held the Judge’s arm.

“Now, now,” Drusilla said. Buffy whirled around to see her on the upper level holding Angel in front of her. Spike stood behind her.

“Hands off my presents,” she said, pressing a sharp blade to Angel’s neck.

“You have to make a choice, Buffy,” came the voice of her mother. Buffy saw her standing in the doorway of their house, holding a kitchen knife to Willow’s neck. Ted stood behind her.

“No!” she cried out.

“Buffy!” Angel came over.

“Angel!” Buffy realized that it had been a nightmare, and she was awake now. She was back in the library.

“Buffy, it’s okay. I’m here.” She hugged him close. “I’m right here.”

Drusilla stood at the top of the staircase and clapped her hands.

“More music!” she commanded. She bobbed her head to the gothic beat as she descended the steps. Making her way to the head of the table, she began to dance.

Spike came over, holding the final box.

“Look what I have for you, ducks,” he said.

Dru smiled and stepped over to him.

“Ahh… the best is saved for last.”

She handed the box to two vampires. They took it to where the other boxes were being assembled into a humanoid shape. They raised it, setting the head into place.

Once in place, a bright light emanated through the cracks. The boxes fused and opened, allowing a figure to step out. He had blue skin, small horns, and wore armor.

He was the Judge.

“He’s perfect, my darling,” she cooed. “Just what I wanted.”

A/N: Sorry for the wait!
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries. It does take a lot of time to get the transcripts and transcribe them.

Thank you for the update. I miss our show when I read this.
cluelessangel85
Chosen One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Ares, I've watched these episodes so often that it all just plays in my head now no problem.lol. I may need to back track a bit trying to work out the Ted thing.lol. I read too much I think I'm starting to get stories mixed up

'Always'
cluelessangel85
Chosen One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe ok so I'm not too bad keeping my stories straight.lol. The Ted thing threw me for a second but I pretty much caught up before I had a skim through the previous entries. I reread the dinner part and got all melty all over again when Angel was talking to Joyce. I love Angel!!! I want one

'Always'
Meshakhad
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Surprise: Act Four Reply with quote

The Judge stepped out of the box. An aura of menace surrounded him.

“You…” he pointed at Drusilla.

“What’s that, mate?” Spike leapt to Dru’s defense.

“You two stink of humanity,” the Judge declared. “You share affection and jealousy.”

Spike vamped out. “Yeah, what of it?” He tapped the Judge on his armored chest. “Do I have to remind you that we’re the ones who brought you here?”

The Judge seemed to consider this for a moment. “You may live. You will help me serve my purpose,” he said.

“Works for me,” Spike replied, smiling.

Drusilla seemed to be keeping her cool. “Would you like a party favor?” she gestured to the other vamps. Good idea, Dru. That ought to satisfy him for now.

The Judge gazed at the vampires. His eyes settled on Dalton.

“This one is full of feeling. He reads. Bring him to me.”

Michelle and Zach grabbed Dalton by his arms and carried him over to the Judge, ignoring his protests.

“What’s with the bringing, mate? I thought you could just… zap people?” Spike asked.

“My full strength will return in time. Until then,” the Judge grinned at Dalton, “I need contact.”

The Judge placed his hand on Dalton’s chest, which began to smoke. Dalton quickly combusted, leaving nothing behind.

“Do it again! Do it again! Do it again!” Dru cheered.

Buffy came striding out of Giles’ office, with Angel right behind her.

“Buffy, what’s happening?” Giles asked.

“She had another dream,” Angel explained.

“I think I know where Spike and Drusilla are,” Buffy said.

“That’s very good,” Giles came down the stairs, “however, you, you do need a plan. I-I know you’re concerned, Buffy, but you can’t just go off half-cocked.”

“I have a plan” she said. “Angel and I go to the factory and do recon, figure out how far they’ve gotten assembling the Judge. You guys check any places the boxes could be coming into town. Shipping yards, airports, anything. We need to stop them from getting all the boxes in one place.”

“Yes,” Giles stepped back, “yes, well, um, actually, that’s quite a good plan.”

“This thing is nasty, and it’s real, Giles. We can’t wait for it to come get us.”

“Right.”

Buffy and Angel crept along the upper level of the warehouse. They looked down at the party going on below, and walked to the railing.

“I saw this,” she whispered to Angel. “The party.” She left out the part about her mother. That she couldn’t explain.

They saw the Judge walk into view flanked by Spike and Drusilla. Crap. The Judge stopped, and looked in their direction.

“We gotta get outta here,” Angel said. They ran, but Spike’s vampires headed them off. They were surrounded. Double crap.

The vampires brought them down to Spike, Drusilla, and the Judge.

“Well, well,” Spike sneered. “Look what we have here – crashers.”

“I’m sure our invitations just got lost in the mail,” Buffy replied.

“It’s delicious.” Drusilla licked her lips. “I only dreamed you’d come.” She gave a playful growl that was obviously aimed at Angel.

Angel struggled to get free. “Leave her alone.”

“Yeah, that’ll work,” Spike smiled. “Now say ‘pretty please’.”

“The girl,” the Judge pointed at Buffy.

“Chilling, isn’t it?” Drusilla stood behind Buffy. She leaned in uncomfortably close to Buffy’s neck. “She’s so full of good intention.”

“Take me!” Angel maneuvered himself between the Judge and Buffy.

“No!” Buffy cried.

“Take me instead of her!” he repeated.

Spike raised his hand. “Uh, you’re not clear on the concept, pal. There is no instead. Just first and second.”

“And if you go first, you don’t get to watch the Slayer die,” Dru giggled.

Angel’s captors pulled him back as the Judge moved toward Buffy.

This was the kind of situation where most people would pray, hoping for some higher power to intervene. But Buffy wasn’t like that. In her world, the highest power of all was herself.

Well, then I had better get myself out of this.

She used her arms to lift herself up and kicked the Judge with both legs. When her feet made contact, pain shot through every nerve in her body. The Judge staggered back, but composed himself and stepped forward. Buffy steeled herself for the inevitable.

At this point, a set of televisions dropped onto the Judge.

Buffy looked behind her, and saw that Angel had shaken loose his captors and pulled the chain holding the TVs in place from the ground. Buffy used the confusion to break free herself.

“This way!”

She jumped into a hole in the floor, with Angel close behind her. Drusilla shouted something, and soon they were being pursued by two more vampires. Angel pulled Buffy into an alcove, and they waited for the two vampires to go by. Once they were gone, Buffy climbed a nearby ladder to the surface.

It was pouring rain outside. Buffy helped Angel out of the manhole. They ran all the way to Angel’s apartment. By the time they got there, Buffy was soaked through to her skin.

“You’re shaking like a leaf,” Angel said.

“Cold,” she replied.

“Let me get you something.”

Angel went to his wardrobe. He came back, handed Buffy a sweater and sweats, and led her to the bed.

“Put these on and get under the covers. Just to warm up.”

Buffy nodded and waited for Angel to turn around. He figured it out after a second.

“Sorry.”

Buffy started to take off her shirt, but winced at the pain in her shoulder.

“What?” Angel said.

“I-I got cut or something on my back.”

“Let me see.”

Angel turned back. Buffy held her unbuttoned shirt around her. Angel sat on the edge of the bed, and gently uncovered her shoulder so he could see.

“It’s already closed. You’re fine,” he said.

They held still for a moment. Buffy finally let go, closed her eyes, and leaned back into him. She felt his arms go around her.

“You almost went away today,” she said.

“We both did.”

He held her tighter. Tears started to stream down her cheek.

“Angel,” she sobbed, “I feel like I lost you.”

“Shhhh. I -”

She turned and opened her eyes. They were face to face.

“You – what?”

After what seemed like forever, Angel spoke.

“I love you. I try not to, but I can’t stop…”

“Me too. I can’t either.”

They kissed.

“Buffy,” Angel started, “maybe we shouldn’t…“

“Don’t. Just… kiss me.”

And he did. They kissed. Tenderly, passionately, the kiss of two people who had almost lost each other and never wanted to let the other go. They lay back on the bed.

For the first time since she had become a Slayer, Buffy was happy. Perfectly happy.

“She’s still not home yet,” Ted said, looking out the window.

“She said she probably wouldn’t be coming home,” Joyce reminded him. “She does this a lot – spend all night over with Willow or Xander.”

“Still, we should probably check on her,” Ted suggested. “It is her birthday.”

“I suppose.” Joyce got the phone book, and read off the Rosenbergs’ number. Ted dialed.

“Yes, Mrs. Rosenberg? This is Ted, Ted Buchanan. Joyce’s friend. I was just calling to check on Buffy… no, Willow isn’t here… well, Buffy told us they were going to be studying at your house… thank you.” He turned to Joyce.

“Buffy isn’t at the Rosenbergs.”

Supporting Cast:

Seth Green as Oz

Robia LaMorte as Jenny Calendar

Juliet Landau as Drusilla

James Marsters as Spike

Eric Saiet as Dalton

Vincent Schiavelli as Uncle Enyos

Kristine Sutherland as Joyce Summers

A/N: Finally. This last act was pretty short (as you can see), and I did enjoy writing The Scene. The pace should pick up from here.

Thank you guys for the comments. And all I will say about Innocence is this:

"Ted" and "Surprise" are the prologue. "Innocence" is where the story of Fated really begins. As they say, this is the one that changes everything.
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad that we have the prelim out of the way, because I'm dying to see what you come up with.

It's been a pleasure to read through the last few episodes. Thanks.
Meshakhad
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Innocence: Teaser Reply with quote

Teaser:

Los Angeles, 1996

Angel wandered into an alley. He slumped against the wall, just letting go for a moment.

He smelled something. Scanning the alley, he saw a rat scamper across. He tried stalking it, but the rat proved to be quicker, escaping into a sewer drain while Angel landed in a pile of garbage.

“Good lord, you’re disgusting.”

Angel turned around and saw a well-dressed man standing at the entrance to the alley. He was stocky, bald, had a mustache, and spoke with a British accent. He also had no scent whatsoever.

“Get away from me,” Angel said.

“Sorry, can’t do that.”

Angel charged the man – and passed right through him. He was a ghost.

“Besides, even if I was still alive, you wouldn’t bite me anyway. After all, you’re a vampire with a soul. A walking contradiction.”

“Who are you?” Angel asked.

“My name is Merrick.”

“Merrick?”

“Come with me. I need to show you something.”

End Teaser

Credits:

Sarah Michelle Gellar

Nicholas Brendon

Alyson Hannigan

David Boreanaz

Charisma Carpenter

And Anthony Stewart Head as Giles

Created by Joss Whedon
cluelessangel85
Chosen One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MERRICK!!! How'd that happen?!
hehe can't wait for the next part...Buffy is soo busted

'Always'
Meshakhad
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Innocence: Act One Reply with quote

Sunnydale, 1998

Angel looked down at Buffy. After a night of lovemaking, they had both fallen asleep in each other’s arms. Buffy was still asleep, her head on Angel’s chest.

For a century, Angel had been tormented by guilt. A soul was perhaps the cruelest punishment the gypsies could have devised. All the things he had done, all the people he had hurt and killed, he remembered everything.

Until now. For one moment, Angel had let go of all that. He had been happy – perfectly happy. And after that, the weight of his crimes felt lighter.

Of course, if they didn’t stop the Judge, none of that would matter.

“Wake up, sleepyhead,” he whispered.

“Mmmm.” Her eyes slowly opened, and she looked at him.

After a minute of just staring into each other’s eyes, Angel finally spoke.

“We have to go.”

“I know.” Buffy got out of bed, and started getting dressed. “This is my life. Get up, get dressed, go to school, save the world.”

“Even Saturdays?”

“I told everyone to meet back at the library. So yeah, even Saturdays.”

Buffy put on the sweats Angel had given her.

Angel looked at the window. Light was creeping around the blinds.

“It’s daylight. You go on ahead.”

“We’ll take the tunnels.”

Angel shrugged. “Okay.”

Xander walked into the library.

“Well, the bus depot was a total washout. And may I say what a lovely place to spend the night. What a vibrant cross-section of Americana.”

Jenny, Cordelia, and Willow looked at him, concerned.

“No vampires transporting boxes?” Giles asked.

“No, but a four-hundred-pound wino offered to wash my hair.” He looked at everyone. “What’s up? Where’s Buffy?”

“She never checked in,” Willow said glumly.

“If the bus depot is as empty as the docks and the airport…” Giles shook his head.

“Do you think this Judge guy’s already been assembled?” Jenny asked.

“Yes,” Giles replied.

“Then Buffy could be…” Xander started to panic. “Okay, we gotta find ‘em. Um, we gotta go to that place, that, uh, that factory. That’s where they’re holed up, right?” He looked at Willow and Jenny. “Let’s go.”

“And do what?” Cordelia asked. “Besides be afraid and die.”

“Well, nobody’s asking you to go, Cordelia,” Xander shot back. “If the vampires need grooming tips, we’ll give you a call.”

“Cordelia has a point,” Giles said. “Now, i-i-if Buffy and Angel were, were… harmed, then we don’t stand to fare much better.”

“Yeah? Well those of us who were born with feelings are gonna do something about this,” Xander declared.

“Xander…” Jenny started.

“No, Xander’s right!” Willow cut in. “My God, you people are all… Well, I’m upset, and I can’t think of a mean word right now, but that’s what you are, and we’re going to the factory!” She started out of the library, just as Buffy and Angel walked in.

“Buffy!” Willow greeted her.

“We were just going to rescue you,” Xander said.

Willow threw Giles a look. “Well, some of us were.”

“Well, I-I would have,” Giles replied defensively.

“What happened?” Cordelia slid off the counter.

“The Judge, i-is he…” Giles asked.

“No assembly required,” Buffy deadpanned.

“He’s active,” Angel confirmed their worst fears.

“Oh, damn it,” Giles whispered.

“He nearly killed us,” Buffy continued. “Angel got us out.”

“Why didn’t you call?” Giles removed his glasses. “We, we, we thought…”

“Well, we retreated back to my place. Buffy got hurt, so we spent the night there,” Angel explained.

“We should have called,” Buffy added.

“Buffy, the Judge, we, we must stop him,” Giles said.

“I know.”

“What can you tell us?”

“Not much. I, um… I kicked him. It was just like a sudden pain. If he’d got his hands on me…”

“In time he won’t need to,” Giles said grimly. “The stronger he gets, he’ll be able to reduce us to charcoal with a look.”

“Also, not the prettiest man in town,” Buffy added.

“We’d better continue researching, looking for a weak spot.”

Jenny sat down at the computer. “I’ll, uh, go on the Net and search for anything on the Judge.”

“Thank you,” Giles nodded.

“The rest of us should get book-cracking,” Xander nodded to Willow and Cordelia. The three of them vanished into the stacks.

“I need to go check in with Mom,” Buffy said. “Just in case… I need to see her.”

“Yes, of course,” Giles nodded.

Buffy walked out. Angel looked after her.

“Angel, maybe you could tell me more about what happened when Darla raised the Judge?” Giles asked.

For a moment, Angel said nothing. Finally, he turned around. “Sure.”

Spike paced impatiently. Things were not going well. Angel and the Slayer had escaped. The Judge was just sitting there.

And his TV sets were wrecked.

“I’m not happy, pet,” he said to Drusilla. “Angel and the Slayer are still alive, they know where we are, they know about the Judge… we should be vacating.”

“Nonsense,” Drusilla scoffed. “They’ll not disturb us here. My Angel is too smart to face the Judge again.”

Spike glanced over at the Judge. “What’s Big Blue up to, anyway? He just sits there.”

“I am preparing,” the Judge replied without looking back.

“Yeah,” Spike walked over, “it’s interesting to me that preparing looks a great bit like sitting on your arse. When do we destroy the world already?”

“My strength grows,” the Judge replied evenly. “And every life I take will increase it further.”

“So let’s take some!” Spike shouted. “I’m bored.”

“At the behest of Darla, I fought an army. They hacked me to pieces. For six hundred years, my living head lay in a box buried in the ground.” He turned to Spike. “I’ve learned two things from that experience. One is to be patient.”

“Yeah, well, we’re gonna need more than patience to defeat Angel and the Slayer,” Spike scoffed. “What else did you learn?”

“Not to take strategic advice from vampires.”

Buffy walked to her house.

It was strange. She hadn’t had a very solid idea of what her first time with Angel would be like, but it wasn’t like last night. Last night had been the result of fear. She had almost lost Angel, and she was still terrified of the Judge. If she didn’t stop him, he would destroy everything she loved, everything she fought for. And somehow, Angel had managed to make all of that go away. In spite of all the terror, it was the best night of her life.

She had no intention of telling her mother. She knew they hadn’t done anything illegal – the age of consent in California was 16. And protection wasn’t really an issue – vampires couldn’t get people pregnant. But she had only just told her mother about Angel, and she didn’t need to deal with “The Talk” in the middle of an apocalypse.

That wasn’t why she was here. She was here to see her mom – because it might be the last chance she would ever get.

She opened the door, and saw her mother standing in the doorway. Ted was behind her. Both had an “I’m very disappointed in you” look on their faces.

Crap.
cluelessangel85
Chosen One

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe big trouble coming and that's just from Joyce. I love how you've given the Judge some background with Darla very interesting

'Always'
Meshakhad
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cluelessangel85 wrote:
hehe big trouble coming and that's just from Joyce. I love how you've given the Judge some background with Darla very interesting

Yeah, I was kinda proud of that. It violates canon about Darla's age, but that was all revealed later.

Also, I should mention that in our world, the age of consent in California is 18. I decided that if I'm writing an AU set in a world where vampires exist, I can get away with changing little things like that. It's not like 16 is unheard of as the age of consent.
Meshakhad
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Innocence: Act Two Reply with quote

“Mom?” Buffy asked, her voice filled with terror.

“Get inside,” Joyce ordered. Buffy obliged.

“You lied to us,” Ted said. “You said you were spending the night at Willow’s.”

“That’s where I was,” Buffy replied, trying to maintain the façade. “I was just coming home to check in with you.”

“We called Mrs. Rosenberg,” Joyce said. “She thought Willow was staying over at our house. Not only did you lie to us, but you got your friends to help cover for you while you stayed out all night! And there’s no telling how many times you’ve pulled this stunt before.”

It also disturbed Joyce that Sheila hadn’t been terribly concerned about this. She knew Sheila wasn’t as close to Willow as she was to Buffy, but still…

“Mom…” Buffy started.

“Were you with Angel?” Ted accused. “Is that what you were doing?”

“…yes,” Buffy admitted.

“What did you do? Were you doing drugs?”

“No,” Buffy shook her head. “We… we slept together.”

Oh my God.

Joyce simply stared, trying to take this in. Buffy had said that they hadn’t gotten that far yet, but Joyce wasn’t sure if she believed her. Had she lied about that too? Or had this been Buffy’s first time, some sort of romantic birthday present?

Ted kept talking. Joyce was really glad to have him there. He could play the strong father figure.

“Buffy, this is unacceptable. I don’t want you seeing him again.”

Buffy looked down glumly while Joyce thought about this. It was her first reaction, but Joyce doubted that Buffy would actually listen to her. She was in love with the guy.

And Angel wasn’t some football jock. He was an adult, a college graduate. And while Joyce thought he was a little too old for Buffy, that might actually be an advantage now. He could probably be reasoned with.

“No,” Joyce said.

“What?” came the reply from both Buffy and Ted.

“Joyce, we can’t just let this slide.”

“Yes, but I’m not just going to tell Buffy she can’t see her boyfriend again.”

“So, what are we going to do?”

Joyce turned back to Buffy.

“Buffy, what you did was unacceptable. So you’re grounded. Indefinitely.”

Buffy’s face sank.

“Now, once we’re done, I’m going to call Angel, and have him come over. I think he’ll understand what kind of behavior is acceptable after we talk to him. He can still tutor you in history, he can come over for dinner, and maybe, once you’ve regained my trust, you can go out with him again.”

Buffy sighed with relief.

“Willow and Xander, on the other hand…”

“What about them?”

“I thought they were good kids, but they’ve helped you lie to me – and lied to their own parents, no doubt. They’re a bad influence on you. I don’t want you to see or hang out with them again. Ever.”

This was the real punishment. Angel could be part of the solution, but Willow and Xander were clearly part of the problem. And Joyce didn’t trust their parents to handle things on their end. Ira and Sheila were too distant, and Xander’s parents… well, hearing Xander talk about them was enough.

“Mom, they’re my friends. They’re my only friends.”

“Not anymore.”

“But, Mom –“

“Buffy, you lied to me. There are consequences! I am your mother, and so long as you live in this house, you will do as I say!”

“Mom, I can’t lose Willow and Xander!” Tears were streaming down her face.

“Buffy, you have to make a choice. It’s them or me.”

Buffy stopped crying. She looked at Joyce, her face resolute.

“I love you, Mom. I want you to know that.”

“Of course you do.”

Then Buffy said the worst thing she could have said:

“Goodbye.”

Joyce stood there in shock as her daughter turned around and walked out the door.

Xander found Cordelia in the stacks.

“Did you find anything?” he asked as he shelved his book.

“This book mentions the Judge, but nothing useful. Big, scary, no weapon forged can stop him, took an army to take him down. Blah, blah, blah.”

“We need some insight, a weak spot.”

“Well, we’re not gonna find it here.” Cordelia shelved her book as Xander came over to her. She turned to face him.

“Sorry I snapped at you before,” he said.

“Well, I’m reeling from that new experience,” she replied.

“I was crazed. I wasn’t thinking.”

“I know. You were too busy rushing off to die for your beloved Buffy,” she pouted. “You’d never die for me.”

Xander leaned in a little closer. “I might die from you, does that get me any points?”

“No.”

“Come on, can’t we just kiss and make up?”

“I don’t want to make up.” Xander started to go when Cordelia stopped him. “But I’m okay with the other part,” she smiled.

Xander smiled and kissed her. When they pulled apart, Xander saw Willow standing near the stacks. She had a horrible look on her face, a mixture of confusion, anger, sadness, and betrayal.

“Willow!” he called. But she simply ran off. Xander ran after her. Angel got up and tried to stop her, but she simply bowled over him. Xander caught up with her in the hallway.

“Willow, come on!” he said.

Willow turned and confronted him, shaking her finger. “I knew it! I knew it! Well, not ‘knew it’ in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn’t know. You two were fighting way too much. It’s not natural!”

“I know it’s weird,” Xander tried to explain.

“Weird? It’s against all laws of God and man! It’s Cordelia! Remember? The, the ‘We Hate Cordelia’ club, of which you are the treasurer!”

“Look, I was gonna tell you.”

Tears were now streaming down Willow’s face. “Gee, what stopped you? Could it be shame?”

“All right, let’s overreact, shall we? Willow, we were just kissing. It doesn’t mean that much.”

Willow composed herself, before she delivered the killing blow.

“No. It just means that you’d rather be with someone you hate than be with me.”

She headed back to the library. Xander stood there, wishing the Judge would come and burn him.

He heard footsteps behind him. Could it be? He turned around to face his executioner.

But it wasn’t the Judge. It was something worse.

It was Buffy. And the expression on her face made the one Willow was wearing look like a cheery smile. The front of her shirt was stained with tears

Angel was there in a moment. And for once, Xander was grateful for his apparent ability to appear out of nowhere. Buffy needed him.

“Buffy, what happened?” Angel asked. “Did you go home and see your mom?”

Buffy looked at him. Her voice was strained, like she had been crying and crying and crying.

“I don’t have a home anymore.”

“When I got there, she and Ted were waiting for me,” Buffy said.

“They knew that I hadn’t spent the night at Willow’s – they spoke to your mom,” she looked at Willow, who was still recovering from the revelation about Xander and Cordelia. She was still hurt, but that was at best third on their list of priorities, behind stopping the Judge and, most important of all, helping Buffy.

“They figured out that I had spent the night with Angel, that we had –“

Everyone visibly reacted to the unspoken revelation. Willow almost smiled. But nobody said anything. It didn’t matter that Buffy and Angel had slept together. What mattered was that Joyce had found out.

“Mom said that I was grounded. She said that I had broken her trust. And then –“

“What?” Willow asked.

“She said that I couldn’t see you again. Ever.”

“Me?” Angel asked.

“Not you. She was actually going to call you and talk to you. But Willow and Xander – she said she didn’t want me to see them again.”

“Maybe if you explained…” Cordelia started.

“What? Explained that my boyfriend was a vampire? That the reason I had stayed out all night was so we could stop an invincible demon bent on killing every person on Earth? I’d be lucky if she simply thought I was lying.”

“I tried to talk to her, but she wouldn’t listen. She said I had to make a choice between her and my friends.”

“Buffy,” Willow said, “you didn’t have to choose us over your mother. I mean, we’re your friends and all, but she’s your mother.”

“How could I not choose you?” Tears continued to stream down Buffy’s face as she addressed her friends. “I need you, Willow. I need you too, Xander. And Angel. And Giles. And Jenny. And even Cordelia. Without you, I can’t do my job.”

“What do you mean?”

“How many times have you saved my life? How many times have you spent hours researching some monster so I could stop it? It wasn’t a choice between my mother and my friends. It was a choice between keeping my home and saving the world.”

Willow was in awe. She hadn’t thought of herself that way. But it was true. They had been helping Buffy from the beginning. And now she had chosen them over her own family.

“What did you do?” Giles finally asked.

“What I came to do.” Buffy took a deep breath. “I told her that I loved her. And then I turned around and walked out the door.”

She broke down again. Wordless, crying, devastated.

“Come with me,” Angel said. He held Buffy by the shoulders, and walked her out of the library. Willow simply looked after her.

Angel led Buffy to a vacant classroom. She needed some time to compose herself, but Angel had no intention of leaving her alone.

“Angel, I don’t know what I’m going to do,” she sobbed, leaning into him.

He had to help her. But how?

He had to throw her a lifeline. But it had to be more than simply letting her live with him. Buffy had just been rejected by her family. She needed something to replace that. As good as Xander and Willow were to her, they were just friends. Giles had been – and would no doubt continue to be – Buffy’s Watcher and father figure, but that wasn’t enough.

There was only one thing Angel could do.

He got down on his knees and took Buffy’s right hand in his own.

“Buffy, will you marry me?”
cluelessangel85
Chosen One

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I should mention that in our world, the age of consent in California is 18. I decided that if I'm writing an AU set in a world where vampires exist, I can get away with changing little things like that. It's not like 16 is unheard of as the age of consent

ok first - The age of consent in Australia for most states is 16 so I didn't even blink at that, that's interesting to know

second - LMAO Little Willow bowls Angel the vampire over haha that's so funny

Third - You know Willow's excited squeal, picture me doing one of my own and crying, so sweet.

They're getting married, they're getting married!!!

Love it!!!

'Always'
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit behind but I'm gonna catch up in just a wee while$ this evening.

Yes, the age of consent is 16 here in Oz.

And I saw the ghost of Merrick appear? I so did not see that coming. That is where I am at.

Be back soon.

Hugs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: