Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fic: Fated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the update. I did like the scene where Buffy and the werewolf hunter meet.

I may be clueless here - but Oz isn't a werewolf in the story? I'm sorry if you'd already explained that but it's been a while.

Also, I spotted this -

Quote:
Angel, can you get into a motel room uninvited?”

“I doubt it.”

Yes he can. Angel explained that to Buffy on the show. He was able to save Xander from Faith when she was choking the life out of him, in her motel room. Angel explained that it was public accommodation. However, he couldn't go into Fred's room at the hotel because she had made it her 'home.'

There is a big flaw in that ointment, because in the very first episode of Angel the show, the vampire who killed Tina did so in her own apartment and they explained that away by him saying he owned the building. Hence he owned Tina's place, and yet Angel owns the hotel and he couldn't get inside Fred's room without an invitation.

Sigh...
Joy
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ares wrote:
Yes he can. Angel explained that to Buffy on the show. He was able to save Xander from Faith when she was choking the life out of him, in her motel room. Angel explained that it was public accommodation. However, he couldn't go into Fred's room at the hotel because she had made it her 'home.'

There is a big flaw in that ointment, because in the very first episode of Angel the show, the vampire who killed Tina did so in her own apartment and they explained that away by him saying he owned the building. Hence he owned Tina's place, and yet Angel owns the hotel and he couldn't get inside Fred's room without an invitation.

Sigh...

Don't forget the contrived BS with Kate when she was injured…didn't she try to commit suicide? Anyway, supposedly Angel cared so much for her that he was able to break the barrier to her apartment uninvited. But he wasn't able to break into Buffy's house when he thought Joyce was in danger from Spike.

Was twitchy for an update…loving this little series!
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't forget the contrived BS with Kate when she was injured…didn't she try to commit suicide?

Ah yes, but that was explained. The Powers gave Angel the ability to enter Kate's home and save her. It was mentioned in that conversation between Kate and Angel in the courtyard of the hotel. It was Kate who got the divine intervention, not Angel. The way I see it, and I may be wrong, to me the Powers were showing Angel that this was his path, his mission. And that was saving people. He had been running around after Darla, plotting revenge.

So, no, Angel wouldn't have been able to enter anywhere else, unless the Powers intervened. Even to save Buffy's mother, or Buffy herself.
Meshakhad
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Phases: Act Three Reply with quote

The werewolf was strong. Very strong. With one blow, it sent Buffy flying into the sound system. She wasn’t hurt, but she was trapped underneath a rather heavy speaker. Buffy heard a lot of screaming. She heard Oz screaming. He was injured, or worse…

With no regard for how much damage she caused, Buffy hurled the speaker off to the side. Seizing a set of chains she had planted before the show, she leapt to her feet, and got a good look at her opponent.

The werewolf was on the now-empty dance floor. It was clearly not a normal wolf. It was built roughly like a human, or maybe a bear. It had thick, dark fur, clawed hands and feet, and a very wolfish snout. It growled at her.

Buffy wasn’t used to fighting animals. Vampires were monsters, but they were at least intelligent. But somehow, she knew what to do. Maybe it was a Slayer thing. Or maybe it was some billion-year-old primal instinct. She stepped fully onto the stage, and let the wolf look at her. Her body tensed, awaiting an attack.

Instead, the werewolf fled. It didn’t just walk away, it bolted, leaving a very confused Slayer on the stage.

Buffy turned to Oz. His left shoulder was bleeding, and he was clearly in pain. But he was holding himself together. Buffy took his right arm and helped him up.

“Let’s get you out of here. Can you walk?”

“Yeah.”

Buffy helped Oz off the stage.

“We need to get you back to school. I think Xander knows first aid.”

There was another reason they weren’t going to the hospital. Oz had been bitten. He needed to know what that meant.

Buffy passed Cain as she walked outside. Neither said a word. Cain’s gaze lingered briefly on Oz’s shoulder before he left.

Buffy really needed to stop him.

Cordelia had to admit it – Willow had good taste in guys. Because damn if Xander giving a shirtless Oz first aid wasn’t the sexiest thing she had seen in a long time.

A loud thump brought her back to reality, as Giles dropped a pile of books on the table.

“We need to get to work,” Giles said. “We’re operating very much in the dark, and we need information more than ever. Oz has been bitten by a werewolf, and he needs – we need to know what that means.”

Everyone nodded. Giles started handing out books.

“Cordelia, the Black Chronicles. Chapter fourteen deals with werewolves. I’m not sure how reliable it is, but it might point us towards others sources. Write down any names you find.”

“I’m on it.” She got a piece of paper and pencil out of her bag.

“Angel, can you read Russian?”

“Yeah.”

“Diary of Dmitri Vasilov, werewolf hunter in the nineteenth century. Xander, does Oz still need first aid?”

“I need alcohol to disinfect the wound. The stuff Nurse Jackson has is too weak.”

“Mrs. Weber keeps a bottle of vodka in her desk. Second drawer on the right.”

“Got it. Oz, keep pressure on the bite.” He walked out briskly.

“Uh, Jenny –“

“Internet.” She was already starting up the library computer.

“Willow, the Codex Noctis.”

Willow grabbed the massive tome out of Giles’ hand.

“And Buffy,” he handed the Slayer a stack of books and a spiral-bound notepad, “here are the Watchers’ Diaries. I’ve, uh, indexed the various slayers who’ve encountered werewolves.” He tapped the notepad.

“Don’t the diaries go back thousands of years?” Buffy asked, the trepidation evident on her face.

“They do. Those are only the last five centuries. The previous ones weren’t even in English.”

Buffy grimaced.

"Found anything?" Buffy asked Willow.

"Nothing, really," Willow sighed. "It's like Giles was saying - lot of stuff about werewolves, but it's all contradictory." Willow slammed her book shut. She slumped against the end of a bookshelf.

Buffy was fairly certain of the reason for her friend's distress. "How are you holding up?"

"It's... complicated. I mean, I want to help Oz. I want to find something to help him deal with this." Her voice quivered. "But at the same time... I'm scared of him now."

"Because he's a werewolf?"

Willow nodded wordlessy.

Buffy sat down next to her friend. “Look. Oz being a werewolf doesn’t change anything.”

“Does it?” Willow turned to Buffy, her eyes watering up. “How do you know?”

“Willow,” Buffy put her hand on her chest, “I’m engaged to a vampire. I know what it’s like to be in love with a monster.” Buffy didn’t like that word. “Monster” wasn’t how she would describe Angel. But she couldn’t come up with a better one.

She looked at Angel. “The thing is, Will, it doesn’t matter that he’s a monster. I know Angel loves me. I know he cares about me more than anything. And I know that no matter what the demon in him wants, he’s never going to hurt me.” She turned back to Willow, one hand on Willow’s jaw. “And that’s what matters.”

“Found anything good?”

Angel turned around to see Oz looking over his shoulder. He looked back at the book and sighed.

“If you want to kill werewolves, plenty. He spends entire pages on the best kind of musket to use on a werewolf, how to make silver bullets, and how to distinguish werewolf tracks from normal wolves.”

“I see.”

“I can also tell you that this guy was basically a serial killer. He’d shoot someone if there was any chance they were a werewolf. In fact, he says that they’re easier to kill when they’re human. He also recommends taking out their families, just to be safe.”

In fact, the guy wasn’t that different from how Angel himself had been.

“Oh.”

“On the bright side, I’m pretty sure I killed him in St. Petersburg, and I’m suddenly not so remorseful.”

Oz smiled at that. “So at least you did some good.”

“Don’t get me wrong. I thought he was just some drunk. If I’d known who he was, I’d have turned him into a vampire so he could do even more damage.”

“You were really that bad?”

“I was a monster. And I still am. Only now I control it.”

“How?”

Angel turned to Oz.

“Well, for one thing, I have a soul. That’s what makes me different. I still crave the taste of human blood, but I won’t take it.”

“True. But even if you’re a vampire, you’re always yourself. I saw the werewolf – it was an animal.” Oz sat cross-legged beside Angel. “How can I control myself when I’m like that?”

“I don’t know,” Angel shook his head. “But we’ll be there for you. See, that’s the other thing. I was alone for a hundred years, avoiding any human contact. Now I have friends in the world. And not just Buffy – Willow, Giles, Xander, even Jenny and Cordelia.”

“Me too?”

Angel looked at Oz. Of all the people in the room, he knew Oz the least. He knew Oz was a guitarist, he was dating Willow, he was Buffy’s boss… and he was now a werewolf. That was about it. They had only first met at Buffy’s birthday party two weeks ago.

But that was when everything had changed. And Oz had helped them fight the Judge. He had driven Willow, Xander, and Cordelia up to Vandeburg to steal the rocket launcher. He had stood with the other Scoobies and rained crossbow bolts on Spike’s boys. Oz was made of tough stuff – most people would be freaking out right about now.

“Yes, Oz. You, too.”

Buffy was getting frustrated.

For one thing, most Watchers wrote in a style that was fairly archaic – in other words, boring. A few were more interesting, and one or two could have made it as a fantasy author, but your average Watcher made Joseph Conrad look like Douglas Adams. It probably didn’t help that most Slayers didn’t live on Hellmouths, and had much less interesting careers than Buffy’s.

Not that she hadn’t found anything interesting in the Watchers’ Diaries. It was fascinating to read about her predecessors. Of particular interest was Emelie Duchamp, a French Slayer from the late seventeenth century. She had had extensive contact with a young werewolf named Pierre-Antoine Bastian. Her Watcher, Albert Dawes, wrote:

“Despite several hours spent contemplating this fact, I cannot fathom why Emelie continues to remain in contact with Mssr. Bastian. While he seems to be able to control himself, he is at best a distraction to her, and at worst a danger. She has stated that it would be impolite to cut off contact with a friend. I have reminded her that a Slayer has no friends, but to no avail. It must be a French thing.”

Buffy smiled. Reading between the lines, it was obvious from the text that Emelie was in love with Pierre-Antoine. The relationship also seemed to have done some good – she lived for three and a half years, significantly longer than most Slayers.

But while this anecdote had provided one tidbit – namely, that it was possible for a werewolf to control themselves – they still hadn’t found much information. Knowing that it was possible was good, but that didn’t help much.

“Anyone else found anything?” Buffy yawned. “My brain’s just about turned to mush.”

“Same here,” Jenny sighed. The others murmured assent.

“I’ve had no luck with the names Cordelia gave me,” Giles set a book down on the table. “The problem seems to be that every account we’ve found is secondhand at best, and most of those come from werewolf hunters. The werewolves themselves don’t seem to leave much in the way of records, so there’s no information to help Oz deal with being one.”

“Maybe I can help you with that.”

Eight heads turned to see a wiry, black-haired boy in a leather jacket standing in the doorway. By the looks on everyone’s faces, nobody else recognized him. But Buffy did.

“Pike?”
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Oz! Werewolf Oz.
I'm confused. Are they researching for a cure? Because surely Giles, and Angel, would know all about a person once bitten turns into a werewolf.

Loved the chat between Oz and Angel, and Angel deciding that Oz, indeed, is a friend. As for Angelus doing good by killing the werewolf hunter in St Petersburg? And Oz saying that Angelus did some good? Priceless.

Oz was made of tough stuff – most people would be freaking out right about now.

Oh yes. Oz does tend to take things in his stride. It's what I love about Oz.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Meshakhad
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're looking for information. ANY information. They don't know how to deal with Oz being a werewolf.

Also, good news: the next chapter is mostly complete.
Joy
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great chapter! And Pike! Love that you're bringing him into the mix. Can't wait to see how that plays out.
Meshakhad
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Phases: Act Four Reply with quote

“Hey, Buffy.” Pike smiled at her. Within seconds, Buffy had her arms around her old friend.

“What are you doing here?” she stepped back, holding him by the shoulders to get a good look at him.

“Uh, who is this?” Cordelia asked.

“Oh, sorry.” Buffy turned around. “Everyone, this is Pike. He helped me fight vampires back in Los Angeles. Pike, this is Willow, Xander, Cordelia, Oz, Angel, Jenny, and Giles,” she introduced each in turn.

“Another old friend from Los Angeles?” Xander stood up and looked at Pike suspiciously. “And you’re sure you can trust him?”

“Yes, I’m sure.” After what happened with Ford, Buffy would have been slow to trust anyone from Los Angeles, but Pike was the exception. Pike had been her first ally.

“It’s, uh, very good to meet you,” Giles shook Pike’s hand. “You, uh, said you could help us?”

“Yeah. Basically… I’m your werewolf.” Pike noticed Oz’s bandaged shoulder. “Sorry.”

Oz did not reply.

“I got bitten about three months ago. I decided to come here for help.” Pike looked at Buffy. “I figured that if anyone could help me, it would be you.” He glanced back at Oz. “I also guessed that the guy I bit might be with you. Thought I could help him.”

“Help me how?” Oz asked.

“Tell you what it’s like to be a werewolf.”

“The first time I changed, I didn’t remember anything. One minute I was alone in my room, the next I was naked in an alley halfway across town.” Pike smiled at the memory. “But then things started to come back to me. Bits and pieces at first. Now, I remember everything that happens while I’m a wolf.”

“So you and the werewolf have a connection,” Giles realized.

“Yeah. And it works both ways – the wolf can eventually draw on my memories as well. That’s why I didn’t attack you, Buffy. The wolf remembered you.”

“It didn’t want to hurt her?” Oz asked hopefully. If so, then he wouldn’t be likely to hurt Willow.

“It also didn’t want to get its ass kicked by the Slayer,” Pike leaned back in his chair. “I’ve seen you beat the crap out of vampires, Buffy. If there’s one thing that the wolf and I agree on, it’s that fighting you is a bad idea.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment,” Buffy replied.

“So Oz isn’t really a danger,” Willow piped up. “I mean, we’re his friends. He won’t attack us!”

Pike shook his head. “I don’t know. It’s his first time. There’s no connection yet.”

“And he might go after someone else,” Jenny added. “I mean, Pike didn’t want to attack Buffy, but that didn’t stop him from going after Oz.”

“I suppose we could… lock them both in the book cage,” Giles suggested.

“That should work,” Pike nodded.

“So,” Buffy asked Pike, “how did you get bitten by a werewolf? Thought you’d know better than to go out at night.”

“Yeah, well, I’m stupid,” Pike laughed. “I was out hunting one night, got attacked.”

“Hunting?” Buffy asked.

“Yeah.” He nursed a coffee. “I guess once you’ve seen… what we’ve seen… you can’t just forget about it. So I kept going after vamps even after you left.”

Buffy got a look of concern on her face.

“Oh, don’t worry. I’m not alone. I hooked up with this one guy, name of Gunn. Good man. Cute sister.” He smiled. “Anyway, he and his gang have been fighting vamps for years. They know how to do it and not die.”

“Do they know about you being a werewolf?”

“No. I haven’t told them. I’m kinda scared that they might kill me. And we don’t have a book cage in Los Angeles to hold me.”

“Well, we’ve got a gig in L.A. next week. Oz and I could swing by, explain things to your gang, get something set up.”

“I knew you’d help,” Pike smiled. He looked back at the other people in the room. “Looks like you’ve got your own gang here.”

“Yep.”

“I noticed one of them – Angel, I think – he was looking at you a lot. Are you and him –“

“Engaged.” She smiled. “The wedding’s next January. You’re invited, by the way.”

“What’s his story? He’s a little old to be a student.”

“Vampire with a soul,” Buffy deadpanned.

“Wait, did you say vampire?” The last thing Pike had expected was for Buffy to be working with a vampire – let alone engaged to one.

“With a soul,” she repeated. “Angel’s on our side.”

Pike was still a little stunned. But he was hardly going to contradict Buffy. If she felt she could trust him, then he was probably OK.

“I can never figure you out,” he said at last.

Buffy looked at the clock. “It’s time.”

As Cain finished reassembling his gun, he looked towards the horizon again. The sun was almost down.

Hunting – whether you were hunting deer or werewolves – was mostly patience. Cain had spent all day outside the school, waiting for sunset so he could go in and take out the new werewolf. Cain would never shoot a possible werewolf in human form, unless he had seen them change. The boy might not be a werewolf. And Cain would give him a chance.

Also, he never had to deal with the cops this way.

Cain downed another cup of coffee. Being a werewolf hunter meant spending three days of the month awake. It wasn’t easy at the best of times, but spending all day staking out a high school after two days with no sleep required considerable effort – and a lot of caffeine.

Cain glanced again at the horizon. The sun was down. It was time.

Everything was set up now. Jenny and Cordelia had left, while Willow, Xander, and Giles would stay to watch over Pike and Oz for the night. Buffy and Angel were off to patrol. Buffy had taken a pager so Willow could contact her if anything went wrong.

Now all there was to do was wait for the moon to rise.

“So, anything else I should know about being a werewolf?” Oz asked.

“Well, you may start craving a lot of meat, especially after you’ve changed. I try to eat a lot around the full moon, so the wolf isn’t so hungry.”

“OK.” That was actually a pretty good idea. “Any upsides?”

“Heightened senses. Especially smell. That’s how I found you here. After I changed back to human, I went back to that nightclub, and tracked you here.”

“Cool.”

Without warning, adrenalin surged through Oz’s body.

“It’s starting.”

Oz felt something growing inside of him. It was ancient and primal. He looked at his hands – they were covered in fur.

Then everything went black.

Xander didn’t want watch the change. But at the same time, he couldn’t look away. He simply stared away as Oz and Pike grew fur. As their faces elongated into snouts. As their teeth became fangs. As they turned into werewolves.

It was not pleasant to watch.

Xander saw Willow rushing out of the library, cupping her hand to her mouth. Even Giles was looking a little pale. At least when vampires changed their appearance, it was quick. Xander resolved then and there that if he ever ended up guarding a werewolf again – and he figured it was likely – he would look away when they changed.

And now the most boring part of fighting monsters – waiting.

Cain crept down the hallways of the high school, gun in hand. For whatever reason, the werewolf hadn’t left yet. Maybe it was eating the stupid blond girl. Or maybe she had actually managed to restrain it. Why she would do so in a school of all places, Cain had no idea. But it didn’t matter.

He picked up the sound of growling from not too far away. Rounding a corner, he saw a set of double doors. The sign above them said “LIBRARY”. The wolf was in there.

As Cain considered how to proceed, he heard another sound from nearby. The sound of someone throwing up, followed by a toilet flushing. A slim, red-headed girl walked out of the restroom – and right into him.

“Oof!” Cain stumbled backwards. The girl sized him up.

“Let me guess – you’re here to kill the werewolf?” she asked.

“Yes, ma’am,” Cain replied. In addition to teaching him how to hunt, his father always taught him to be a gentleman. Being polite would get you very far in life.

The girl thought for a moment, then gave him a very un-gentlewomanly punch in the jaw, knocking him to the floor.

“GILES!” she screamed, and ran back into the library. Cain scrambled to his feet. When he got there, the library doors were open, and the scariest librarian he had ever seen was standing there.

That he was a librarian – or at least a teacher – Cain was nearly certain. He was older than Cain, wearing glasses and a tweed jacket. However, he also had a grim expression on his face, and a crossbow in his hands.

“Leave, or I fire,” he demanded. His accent was British. Cain recognized him as the man who had accompanied Buffy to the nightclub.

“Not a chance,” Cain stood his ground.

The librarian fired. Cain’s reflexes were fast, but the crossbow bolt managed to graze his cheek. His hand went to his face, and he cringed in pain. When he recovered, the librarian was already reloading.

Cain considered himself a brave man. But in truth, his ability to face down werewolves without fear came from experience. A werewolf isn’t so scary after you’ve killed eleven of them before.

He had never faced an angry British librarian with a crossbow before.

So he ran. He found a door labeled “ROOF ACCESS”. He had glimpsed a skylight in the library – that would be much better than trying to get past the librarian.

Another crossbow bolt embedding itself in the door before he closed it told him he was right.

“Willow, page Buffy,” Giles ordered.

Willow put in the number as if Oz’s life depended on it. Which it did.

“Done.”

Willow heard the sound of breaking glass from above. She looked up, and saw Cain looming overhead.

“Up!” she yelled.

Xander raised the tranquilizer gun and fired at Cain. He missed, but it was enough to throw off Cain’s aim. The bullet struck the lock on the book cage. Oz and Pike growled.

Willow didn’t even think about what she was doing. She grabbed a battleaxe lying on the table, and swung it at the lock, smashing it. Oz and Pike burst out the door. Pike skidded to a halt, then bolted for the door. Oz followed.

“After them!” Willow raced after Oz, still holding her battleaxe. Giles and Xander were right behind her.

Cain would be lying if he said that things always went well hunting werewolves. There was always some complication. But never had he met people who were hell-bent on protecting these werewolves from him. And who used a crossbow anymore?

Cain followed them from a safe distance. He knew how to be stealthy, and they were more concerned about tracking the werewolves.

Sometime after they entered a forest, Cain heard the distinctive sound of an air rifle firing, followed by two yelps. He found them in a clearing, and Cain finally got a good look at his quarry.

There was the librarian, of course, still holding his crossbow. He had removed his glasses, and now looked even more fearsome. Wielding the air rifle was the same boy who had taken a shot at him at the school. And the girl who had punched him was now clutching a battleaxe. A fourth man was unarmed, but he looked no less capable than the rest of them. They were standing between Cain and the werewolves.

Who the hell were these people?

“Get out of the way,” Cain demanded, pointing his gun at the wolves.

The fourth man laughed.

“What’s so funny?” Cain tilted his head in confusion.

It felt like being hit with a wrecking ball. Cain flew halfway across the clearing, landing with his face down in a mound of earth. When he got up, Buffy – the blond girl who had challenged him – was standing behind him. She knelt down, picked up his rifle, and bent the barrel.

“Get out of my town.” She threw the gun back at him.

When Oz woke up, he wasn’t at Sunnydale High. He was in a crypt. He looked around to see Pike slowly getting up.

“Hey, what happened?” he asked.

“If I remember right,” Pike got to his feet, “we got attacked by that werewolf hunter, and somehow got out of the library. I don’t remember how we got here, though.”

“I shot you,” Xander’s head poked through the door. “Sorry. Buffy and Angel dragged you here.” He tossed two sets of clothes in. “Get dressed.”

After they got dressed, Willow and Buffy came in.

“Morning,” Buffy greeted them.

“Hey, Oz,” Willow was looking directly at Oz. Buffy seemed to notice this.

“Pike, can I talk to you for a second?”

“Sure.” They walked out, leaving Oz and Willow alone. There was an uncomfortable silence for a minute.

“How you doing?” Willow finally asked.

“Not that bad,” Oz replied. “I mean, at least I didn’t hurt anyone last night. Still may take some time getting used to.”

“Yeah,” Willow nodded. “It's a complication.”

“So...” he started pacing, “maybe it'd be best if I just... sorta...”

“What?” Willow looked worried.

“Well, you know, like, stayed out of your way for awhile.” It wasn’t that Oz didn’t want Willow – he did – he just didn’t want her to be afraid.

“I don't know,” she said after a momen. “I'm kind of okay with you being in my way.”

Oz stopped and faced her. “You mean, you'd still...”

“Well, I like you. You're nice and you're funny. And you don't smoke. Yeah, okay, werewolf, but that's not all the time. I mean, three days out of the month I'm not much fun to be around either.”

Oz stood there in awe. “You are quite the human.”

Willow smiled.”So, I'd still if you'd still.”

“Oh I'd still. I'd very still.”

Her smile got even bigger. “Okay.”

“Agreed,” Oz replied.

“There’s a coffee shop across the street. You want me to get you something?”

“Danish would be nice.”

Willow walked off with a smile on her face. Then she turned around. She looked at him, then planted a kiss right on his lips before leaving again. Oz watched her as she went, a smile on his face.

“A werewolf in love,” he said to himself.

Cain sat in a Fremont bar. Sunnydale had been a disaster for him. He had been defeated – not by a wolf, but by a misguided girl with superhuman strength and some very strange friends.

“Gib Cain?”

A man with a thick accent sat down next to him. He had a knowing look on his face.

“My name is Enyos Kalderash. I believe we can help each other.”

Guest Stars:

Jack Conley as Cain

Seth Green as Oz

Jason Hall as Devon

Robia LaMorte as Jenny Calendar

Vincent Schiavelli as Enyos Kalderash

Milo Ventimiglia as Pike

A/N: Thanks for the reviews! Also, I'd like to encourage plot speculation.
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"who used a crossbow anymore?" *snerk* I love that, and, "the scariest librarian ever" oh yeah! That's our Giles.

Go Willow socking Cain and bringing him down. I like that you've made Willow less of a mouse and still keeping her charm.
Meshakhad
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what of the alliance between Cain and Enyos? That can't be good.
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see Cain and Enyos up to some dastardly deed that involves Angel, and then of course, that will affect Buffy.

You know what that means, don't you? Hurry up with the nexy part please. Wink
Meshakhad
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Domestic Strife Teaser Reply with quote

A/N: This soon enough?

Teaser:

“You failed us!” Enyos roared. “You failed in your duty to your family!”

“It was not my fault!” Jenny retorted.

“How is it not your fault? You were told to separate the girl from Angel. You did not separate them. And now the elder woman tells me his pain is lessening by the day! You failed!”

“I almost succeeded. Angel was about to leave Sunnydale.” She crossed her arms. “If you’re looking for someone to blame, blame the vampires who attacked them at the docks.”

“And what about after?” Enyos waved a finger in Jenny’s face. “They were together, and you did nothing! You betrayed your family!”

“I was protecting our family!” Jenny roared back. “If we hadn’t stopped the Judge, he would have wiped out the Kalderash people along with the rest of humanity! You should be thanking me. You should be thanking Angel! He’s done more for our family than you ever have!”

“So we should just forget what he did to our people?” Enyos walked around the hotel room. “We should forget the daughter he killed?” He shook his head. “What he does now is irrelevant. Do you know what vengeance is, Janna?”

Not the vengeance lecture again!

“To the modern man vengeance is a verb, an idea. Payback. One thing for another. Like commerce. Not with us. Vengeance is a living thing. It passes through generations. It commands. It kills.” He came back to Jenny. “And now we will try again. The girl and Angel must be separated.”

“I… don’t think that’s possible,” Jenny shook her head. “They have grown even closer. They are betrothed. I can’t think of anything to break them up.”

Enyos smiled. “You are thinking too small, Janna. Remember, we are Romany. We have our ways.”

End Teaser

Credits:

Sarah Michelle Gellar

Nicholas Brendon

Alyson Hannigan

David Boreanaz

Charisma Carpenter

And Anthony Stewart Head as Giles

Created by Joss Whedon
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah!!! Your Enyos is perfect. His voice, spot on.

Now I'm worried. What does he have planned for our two heroes?

Thank you for posting so quickly.

*hugs*
Meshakhad
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ares wrote:
Gah!!! Your Enyos is perfect. His voice, spot on.

Now I'm worried. What does he have planned for our two heroes?

Thank you for posting so quickly.

*hugs*

Well, I seriously doubt he'll be getting an account here anytime soon.
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, I seriously doubt he'll be getting an account here anytime soon.

*snort*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Fiction All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: