Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Films
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Misc/Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Films Reply with quote

Have you any ideas for great films to rent/buy/watch?

I'm kinda out of touch with the film world and I could use your suggestions, please…

Thank you!

(Edited to ask: What kind of films are they?)

"Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."

Last edited by Dark Star on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
cluelessangel85
Chosen One

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Twilight' Very Happy

also 'Eagle Eye' is good and and and ....... way too many I'll just leave you with two for now

'Always'
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of Twilight, of course, but what's Eagle Eye?

cluelessangel85
Chosen One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has Shia LaBeouf from Transformers and Michelle Monaghan from Made of Honour in it

IMDB summary is:
Jerry Shaw is an amiable slacker with an over-achieving twin brother. After his twin dies in an accident, strange things happen to Jerry at a dizzying pace: a fortune shows up in his bank account, weapons are delivered to his flat, and a voice on his cell phone tells him the police are on their way. Jerry follows the voice's instructions, and soon he and a woman he's never met are racing through the city, on to a plane, and eventually to the Pentagon, chased by the FBI. She is Rachel Holloman, a single mom; the voice has threatened her son's death if she doesn't cooperate. The voice seems to know everything. Who is behind it, what is being planned, and why Jerry and Rachel?

Basically Jerry and Rachel have to listen to the voice on the end of the phone or it means big trouble for them. The end is kinda spinny but totally cool.

BTW 'Made of Honour' and 'Transformers' two more very good movies Very Happy

'Always'
cluelessangel85
Chosen One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and '27 dresses'

What kind of movies do you like? I love movies all genres... well mostly, not war. I could give you better suggestions if knew what you like Smile

'Always'
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the ideas! What kind of films do I like? Dunno - I don't have a genre as such. I like Sci Fi and fantasy, and I like intriguing well acted stories from anything.

My favourite film is Terminator, and some of the films I've loved are Pulp fiction, Shawshank Redemption, Escape from New York, Alien...

cluelessangel85
Chosen One

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you believe i haven't actually seen any of those movies Embarassed

'Always'
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes us even then - I hadn't seen any of yours!

Smile

Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must go see Star Trek, then, DS, if you like sci fi. The latest one that is out now in theatres. Apparently it's awesome. You will have to wait till it's on DVD though. The same with the latest Terminator movie.

I'm Legend, with Will Smith.

The three Bourne movies.

Prince Caspian. The Narnia Chronicles.

Any help?
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You must go see Star Trek, then, DS, if you like sci fi. The latest one that is out now in theatres. Apparently it's awesome. You will have to wait till it's on DVD though. The same with the latest Terminator movie.

I'll probably wait for it to come out on DVD, but yes - I'd like to see the new Star Trek film. And Terminator...

Quote:
I'm Legend, with Will Smith.

The one with the dog? Seen that.

Quote:
The three Bourne movies.

Prince Caspian. The Narnia Chronicles.

Any help?

The Bourne's are conspiracy films, aren't they? I thought the Narnia ones were for the kiddies? What's Prince Caspian? Sounds very swash-buckely...

Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought the Narnia ones were for the kiddies? What's Prince Caspian? Sounds very swash-buckely...

Don't let Jo hear you say that. Shocked Prince Caspian is not a swash-buckling movie. It's the second in the Narnia Chronicles.

She's been to see Prince Caspian, and I think she said it was worth seeing. I'm waiting for it to come on cable. I saw the first Narnia movie, and it was for the young at heart. The children are grown in the Caspian one, who is now a young Prince of Narnia, and it looks spectacular. I mean, we're all young at heart, aren't we? Laughing

The Bourne movies are conspiracy, sort of, but they're mainly action films. Think James Bond, only faster and darker.
cluelessangel85
Chosen One

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought I would tell you Ares the children aren't grown it's like a month after they go home that they are pulled back into narnia it's been like a hundred years possibly a thousand not sure in narnia.

It's kinda confusing cos they grow up at the end of the first movie then revert back when they fall out of the closet.

Did you get that cos I kinda confused myself

BTW Dark Star 'Stardust' is another good movie

'Always'
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does sound confusing. I haven't seen Prince Caspian yet so I can't comment. But I sort of do understand what you're saying.
cluelessangel85
Chosen One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
yeh I know it is but if you understand even a little that's good enough for me. Very Happy

'Always'
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what thread to use for my questions.

What TV series or films or new ships are you following or do you look forward to?

I watch Fringe, ending. Supernatural, ending. Vampire Diaries through half closed eyes. Mentalist because LISBON is so crusty and worn and lives without the near supernatural enhancements of Simon's character AND Natan Fillion--I mean Castle. For now. hee.

I admit it that Ringer is still on record--it's my time problem. I may just Netflix it to skip those commercials that jerk me out of the narrative every five minutes. Are you enjoying SMG?

Bones does nothing for me--especially BOTH Deschanel women. Just UGH. Don't see the talent. See the familiaity with the biz in every moment of their existence.

I don't like this spastic character guy given to DB; they killed the 2 interns I liked, and Angela had her baby, okay! I liked the lawyer, actually, calling Booth "Cherie." Sorry. but procedurals are something to do while paying the bills. All of them.

I think the Torchwood, Miracle Day sounds interesting. People discover they can't die.

How about the series like Time Travelor's Wife with Jason Isaacs? (March) called AWAKE--I LOVE LOVE this: a cop is dreaming and wakes with his 'dead wife" in one life and one with his son in another, but can't tell which is the dream life and which is real. GAH!LOVE! (Hope he finds the world of dreams 'tween these real worlds for him to have a united family! hee hee)

New movies? I admit, I NETFLIX a lot, as my concentrated time for such things is deeply stolen in the demands of RL. I leave this field for YOUR recs. I do believe that sci fi and fantasy must be seen live on the big screen. I wil never understand watching film on a postage stamp. Just wrong.

New ships? RECS requested. ESPECIALLY NOW. We passed the mid point of winter!

I guess I will stick with Lady Hawke as my happiness and, of course, Princess Bride. I think that isn't sappy, even if ideal, because all those who don't have this happen need to believe it actually exists for someone, which is such joy (for me).

No secret, I'll never get over B/A and my desire for them, even if the literary people think the narrative(s) never said anything else would ever happen than what is being shown. (Silly me, I understood the FACT all curses can be broken, but watched in hope for the wrong one. Oh, well. walking among the thorns reminds one of the great joy of having feet that can walk at all, and TEACH, especially in one having chosen the path and how long it takes to learn "when love is enough to leave.")

I am honestly surprised so many comedies are actually about "maried life" with children who aren't ALL these cynical, smackable "snark factories."

I don't think I saw 35 seconds of any reality show, other than the season of endless award shows. for all the reasons Rupert Murdoch is just wrong, wrong, wrong, and awful. I am sure the Fox Fire books, or "Little House on the Praire, in the Woods, " etc. BOOKS are good enough for people who need to know how to sheer a sheep, twirl the wool for thread, to weave and knit clothes along with the people who actually were characters, instead of sunday school browbeating. Maybe we all have different kinds of dirty secret pleasures--I guess B/A fic is mine. Ha!

WHEW!

I hope you enjoy sharing what lights up your eyes!
HUGS! Smile
sybil

ETA as cat walked on enter key in the middle.

Short posts? MOI??? Mr. Green hee hee. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Misc/Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: