Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B/A Reunion...Almost
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> General Show
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr24tw
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: B/A Reunion...Almost Reply with quote

Freddie Prinze Jr. will guest star on Bones next Season as an old buddy of Booth's. That apparently was brought up while Sarah, Freddy and David were hanging out at the pool.

http://tvline.com/2013/07/30/sarah-michelle-gellar-freddie-prinze-jr-bones-david-boreanaz/

But damn Sarah for spoiling the fun. She put a lit on any David/Freddy making out. Sad

All joking aside I'm so happy to see they still hang out together. Now if only we could have David and Sarah do something together.
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty cool to hear. Smile
elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay...I really don't know if this would the proper thread to post it, but, I think it's the closest.

I love SMG/DB friendship. Like I said before, they are my substitutes for Buffy/Angel. I admit that I won't be a fool to cheer for Bangel if I didn't like the chemistry exuded by these two. What's wonderful is that they maintained their friendship all through out these years. Personally, I still believe that they "hooked up" during BTVS S2-S3 Laughing

But i know it's wrong to ship them now that they are both happily married...with adorable and beautiful children.

So, in spite of what's been (or not) happening in B/A story, my "comfort food" are their quotes for each other. So here, I collected the recent and old quotes made by SMG/DB for each other...

David Boreanaz:

Quote:
Taken from Teen people, Oct. 99, “She [SMG] knows all these little things," says David Boreanaz, who plays the love of Buffy's life - who say he has her to thank for finding a great sushi restaurant, “She could bend your ear for hours.”

Quote:
from More Magazine, 2013: When Gellar bumped into her Buffy love interest, David Boreanaz, while both were vacationing in Newport Beach, California, it didn’t surprise him that one of the first things she mentioned about her new CBS show, The Crazy Ones, was how happy she was with the easier shooting schedule. He says one thing about Gellar that hasn’t changed since their Buffy days is her vivacity: “She doesn’t stop talking. She’s just like that. She’ll just go on and on about anything.”

Quote:
October-2013 (Sway Interview)
Tracy G: Remember when Sarah Michelle Gellar was on the show...there's your old co-star David....yup
DB: yeah right…
Tracy G: Buffy the Vampire Slayer…
DB: She’s the one who after Angel...
(Laughs)
DB: Angel went up to her…

Quote:
It would have been nice to have Buffy come over, and I know that Sarah wanted to do it and felt bad about not being able to, but I don’t know what happened....I think that decision was made by the Powers-That-Be, for reasons that I don’t know..... I loved working with Sarah and having those two characters together. When they were with each other, Angel was a completely different person.

Quote:
Sarah is…she's…one of the things I will miss the most about shooting the show is working with Sarah. We've created a special bond between the two of us that, um, is unique and different. She has the ability to transform herself very quickly, very professionally, and very openly, which makes it easier for another actor to kind of…ride along with her. She comforts you, and gives you a sense of who you are as a person, and not as an actor. Which is, I feel, the best thing to have. She's just a wonderful presence, and she's very strong in what she does. She exudes a lot of confidence and…and it shows. I'll miss that a lot.

Quote:
She was, I mean working with her is great. The three seasons that we worked together, we never had an argument. I mean that's pretty odd, um -since we were in such close quarters, both of our characters. But, you know she's here in my heart, and that's the best thing about it. And she's actually given me the opportunity to be here where I am today. I mean her character, her show, enabled me to grow and become another character so I owe a lot to her.

Quote:
(Dreamwatch-2003)
“I liked the simplicity of the Buffy/Angel relationship in the first year,” says Boreanaz. “They shared a camaraderie and it was obvious that they were both at ease around each other and really enjoyed their work. As an actor it was a joy for me to feed that creative process. A number of positive things came out of Buffy's first season and they served to build a solid foundation on which the series could grow."

Quote:
(Wizard Con -2014)
I think Buffy & Angel love is Eternal...and eternal is just more of everything...

Sarah Michelle Gellar

Quote:
#AskRealSMG 11-2014

Q: Which was your favourite episode of Angel, I Will Remember You or Sanctuary?
SMG: I will remember you!! It was heartbreaking

Q: did you ever have a crush on Angel (David Boreanaz) I do. Big time.
SMG: on Angel or David? Wink

Q: Is it a coincidence that you have a dog named Bella and @David_Boreanaz has a dog called Rocky?
SMG: great minds......

Quote:
“We had the most amazing working relationship I've ever had”, she says. “I've been very blessed with the guys that I've worked opposite, but David and I had a very, very special relationship. In three years of working together, we never had so much as a disagreement, and that's just unbelievable, considering the hours we spent together." His departure is a blow to her program, she adds. “For me, it is very, very daunting," Gellar admits. “You have this concern -- part of the reason Buffy worked was because of Angel, and what if I can't do it on my own? But it's an exciting time
for him, as well.”

Quote:
1998 – Paley Fest (BTVS Season 2)
Mod: Could the actors talk about what they like about their characters?
Sarah: I get to kiss Angel.

Quote:
2014 - GF Australia, Fan Question
GF: Spike or Angel?
SMG: I get this question alot! It's Angel, of course, always!
GF: We had a lot of fans saying they think Spike...
SMG: I know, but it's Angel, always!

Quote:
Gellar remains close to her fellow actors on the show, in particular David Boreanaz, who played Angel on the show.

“David and I still see each other, definitely,” Gellar says. “We were working on the same stage lots for a while and our kids are the same age. We've known each other for a very long time." Plus, Gellar admits, she always vying for Angel and Buffy.
“People get so mad at me for this, but I'm an Angel girl," Gellar states. “People can have their opinions of course, but that's mine."

Quote:
OK Mag: As well as being an iconic show, you were very lucky to be able to call kissing David Boreanaz (who played Angel) work

SMG: It doesn't hurt! And it’s so funny because we have the same vacation cycle so even if we don’t see each other for the whole year, I know that we will always see each other on holiday.

Quote:
2014- “First thing comes into mind” game

SMG: (laughs at DB's picture on bathtub)
Who talked him into doing that picture?...
He’s my Angel! …I mean… I …we’ve had…we've been friends for years. Our kids are the same age.
And, you know, he is …David!

Quote:
on year 1998: (MTV BTVS videos that don't suck @ 10:09)

SMG: ...And the cast of Buffy will return with the pick from MY very own David Boreanaz…

Quote:
Huffpost: You recently snapped a photo with your Buffy the Vampire Slayer costar, David Boreanaz and his Bones costar Emily Deschanel. What’s the story there?

SMG: There’s a connection that David and I will always have and we’ve always remained in touch, but what was so much fun this year was we were working on the same lot, so when I had a break I would walk over and watch them tape a show or try to steal food from Bones catering because they had way better catering than we did. I guess that’s a tenth season kind of thing. And David knows I’m purely motivated by food!”

Quote:
1999 Sexiest Man Alive?

“David Boreanaz (her former Buffy the Vampire Slayer costar), because he's so handsome and yet has a good sense of humor about himself."
—actress Sarah Michelle Gellar

Quote:
1998-Blockbuster Awards

**reporter asked if success and being labeled as “one of hottest bachelors” got into DB's head**

SMG: With David? Oh my god, he’s been incredibly beautiful, and I think for me, the most amazing part ‘bout it is he’s a great guy, and he deserves every success he got…and um, has it gone to his head? I don’t think so…at sometimes when he’s around me but I think he’s just kidding me.

**reporter asked if DB's got girlfriend hanging around in the set

SMG: No, but I have many girlfriends that are actually in line for a date with him...It’s my most asked question, “What’s it like to kiss David Boreanaz?”

**reporter asked, “And you know exactly?”***

SMG: Absolutely! …absolutely

Quote:

Gellar also catches up every now and then with her "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" co-star David Boreanaz, telling HuffPost,

“It's actually funny, for some reason we always wind up on vacation at the same time and in the same place and it has been happening for years, it's the weirdest! It can be the same hotel, a different hotel, a different state, but we always run into each other."

these are just some of the many quotes I collected. How about you guys, do you have any additional or fave DB/SMG quote? Wink

Mr. Green
jr24tw
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always try this...

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/bangel/articles/29219/title/david-sarah-quotes-on-b

Or this...

http://backtothehellmouth.angelfire.com/CastCrewQuotes.html
elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS IS ONE OF MANY REASONS WHY WE LOVE THEM AS BUFFY & ANGEL

Heart Heart Heart

David Wishes Sarah a Happy Birthday!

http://thatonekimgirl.tumblr.com/post/116446520121/david-wishes-sarah-a-happy-birthday

Now, isn't this sweet?

David and Sarah know how to portray Buffy and Angel....If only the comics writers were intelligent enough to know how "to write" them....... I agree with others saying that there were fanfictions stories, especially in Scribes, that were written better than the current comics plot making the so-called "canon" story in comics be better considered as fanfics instead. Wink

Thank God, we have DB and SMG on our side and for moment like this, we have found a HUGE reason to celebrate Heart Heart Mr. Green
elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from great acting, this is one of the many reasons why we fell in love with her as Buffy Heart

SARAH'S BDAY GREETINGS TO DAVID

On her twitter account:

https://twitter.com/SarahMGellar/status/599760186048253953

On her Instagram and Facebook account:

tumblr pic: http://writing-writer.tumblr.com/post/119158030067

SMG's FB https://www.facebook.com/sarahmichellegellar/photos/a.966017450096636.1073741829.931278693570512/974292762602438/?type=1

SMG's Instagram
https://instagram.com/p/2xAmb3sY8-/?taken-by=sarahmgellar

PERSONAL NOTE:
1) The pic SMG posted in IG and FB is a manip one. I don't know why she chose to post it Razz
2) Based on the amount of views and comments, Bangel's fanbase is still strong and it seems most of them are not aware of the comics. Good for them! Why ruin something beautiful as B/A story and be replaced by an "abominable" B/S storyline, anyway? Wink

SMG still cares for B/A. She has kept her promise not to forget. That's canon for me Mr. Green
CrystalSC
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very sweet!
lmblack21
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loooooooooooooove how SMG and DB are still such good friends. I love even more the way SMG still loves "her Angel" and references the Buffy/Angel forever love.

She's such a B/A shipper and since I am as well, I will always love this.

-Luc
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I loooooooooooooove how SMG and DB are still such good friends. I love even more the way SMG still loves "her Angel" and references the Buffy/Angel forever love.

She's such a B/A shipper and since I am as well, I will always love this.

Yessss....love them too Heart

-And I love how she made an effort to greet him differently in twitter and IG/FB. Wink

-And I love how overwhelming the pro-B/A comments of the fans in spite of the picture being a manip. Wink

-I was kinda hoping she would post a recent & "real" pic of them, but I guess, I just settled for the greeting. Besides she still calls him "My Angel", and that's all that matters. Heart

And on the other note, 3 days before DB's bday, SMG confirmed that "IWRY" is one of her fave episodes;

https://twitter.com/SarahMGellar/status/598568607568662528

It's difficult for me to let go of my love for B/A whenever I see DB and SMG showing a powerful connection to the character themselves. Before, I used to say that being a Buffy/Angel fan made me follow DB/SMG's friendship, but now, DB/SMG's friendship is the main reason why I am still a Buffy/Angel fan.

Mr. Green
elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just adding some recent DB/SMG social media interactions.

On World Series, Nov. 2016, They used the word "bake" and "eat" and it made my heart flutters as I imagined Angel asking Buffy if "she's already baked".

a day after the World Series, SMG commenting on DB's Instagram post as the undercover "Buck" on a Bones ep

SMG commenting on DB's Instagram post with his son, Jaden (January 12, 2017)

Well, these aren't new but it's an update for this thread. SMG may not be as active as she was on showing Bangel love because B/S fans just succeeded on "silencing" her, but I still can't help to be happy that DB and SMG are able to "re-connect" on social media that Bangel fans can see.

As a Bangel fan, seeing DB & SMG interact made me imagine scenarios how Buffy and Angel will find ways "to keep in touch" without literally touching. It's somehow a consolation whenever I think Joss and his comic writers don't know how to keep the connection alive between Buffy and Angel, without ending the series, (that is if provided that Joss was in favor of a Bangel ending. By the way I see the comics, Joss and the comic writers are conditioning the minds of comic readers and encouraging B/S fans to cheer on B/S as the "fitting" endgame.)

Anyways, back to DB & SMG, does anyone here imagine what would happen if this happened to Buffy & Angel too:

Anyone here would like to make a Bangel fanfic out of these materials? huh, anyone pls.? Very Happy

Wink Heart
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, elle!

The images didn't work for me, so I grabbed links if anyone else is having the same problem:

World Series tweets: https://twitter.com/David_Boreanaz/status/794028374347788288

"Buck" on Bones Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMXaMxvAwyS/?taken-by=dbdbo69&hl=en

DB with son Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BPMEaVeFmph/?taken-by=dbdbo69&hl=en

Pretty adorable. Heart
elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grace wrote:
The images didn't work for me, so I grabbed links if anyone else is having the same problem:

oh sorry. My bad. It is working on my browser and I can see the images. But when I put it incognito, the images aren't visible anymore. Nonetheless, thanks for putting the original links.

Though for those interested, the last image is a snippet from SMG's interview on 2014 about keeping the communication alive between her and DB. Sorry for the size of the image, but this is linked to my twitter page and i don't know how to make it smaller. Sad

can anyone pls make a Bangel fic post-series where Buffy and Angel could be seen running into each other in random places? (preferably no spuke around) Wink Laughing
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was cute.

https://twitter.com/SarahMGellar/status/839278518127083520
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is from a few weeks ago, but it involves baking, so I had to share.

https://twitter.com/david_boreanaz/status/834930970780385280?refsrc=email&s=11
Grace Newman
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, I love this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> General Show All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: