Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B/A In Watch With Kristen E! Online Poll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: B/A In Watch With Kristen E! Online Poll Reply with quote

http://www.eonline.com/news/473382/best-tv-couple-of-all-time-tournament-vote-in-round-1

Best TV Couple of All Time Tournament: Vote in Round 1!

by Tierney Bricker

It's time to vote in the name of true love. Well, fictional true love, anyway!

You nominated. We counted. And now it's time to officially launch our Best TV Couple of All Time Tournament!

We're pitting 64 of the small screen's classic and current romantic pairings against each other to find out which couple is truly TV's greatest love story. Trust us when we say all 32 of these matchups will be fierce, as we've got duos from beloved series such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Grey's Anatomy, The Vampire Diaries, Lost and many more duking it out.

Since this is a tournament of love, let's keep it civil between fandoms, shall we? No name-calling, no wedgie-pulling, etc. Play nice!

The polls on this round officially close at 9 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 24, with round two launching Friday at noon. So you know what that means, right? It's time to vote your little TV-loving hearts out, people!

Buffy/Angel were taking on Lucas and Peyton, One Tree Hill
while Buffy/Spike was taking on Nick and Jess from New Girl

The first round of The Watch With Kristen TV couples poll ended last night with the winners facing off in the second round starting today.

Game 2.5
Nick and Jess, New Girl 51.02%
Buffy and Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer 48.98%

Buffy/Spike has been eliminated.

Game 4.4
Buffy and Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer 60.45%
Lucas and Peyton, One Tree Hill 39.55%

While B/A wins and advances to round two. Smile

Round two is at this link.

http://www.eonline.com/news/474296/best-tv-couple-of-all-time-tournament-vote-in-round-2

Best TV Couple of All Time Tournament: Vote in Round 2!

by Tierney Bricker

All's fair in love and war!

That is the battle cry for our Best TV Couple of All Time Tournament, which pits classic couples (Think Ricky and Lucy!) against current fan favorite pairings (Damon and Elena, how are you doing?!) to find out which duo has the small screen's greatest love.

And the competition is fierce as a handful of very, very popular couples were eliminated in round one, including Glee's Kurt and Blaine, Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Buffy and Spike and Grey's Anatomy's Owen and Cristina. Hey, love is pain! But now it's time to move on and vote in round two...

Some of the couples still fighting for the crown? Friends' Ross and Rachel and Monica and Chandler, Veronica Mars' Logan and Veronica, Parks and Recreation's Ben and Leslie, as well as three couples from Grey's Anatomy! Plus, The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother both still have two couples duking it out!

The polls on this round officially close at 9 p.m. on Sunday Oct. 27, with round two launching Monday at noon. So you know what that means, right? It's time to vote your little TV-loving hearts out, people!

Buffy and Angel are taking on Callie and Arizona from Grey’s Anatomy

You,have to enter the code at the bottom of the polls for the votes to go through.

The current results.

Callie and Arizona, Grey’s Anatomy 40.59%
Buffy and Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer 59.41%

B/A is currently in the lead.Vote B/A Very Happy
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B/A advanced to rond 3 of the Best TV Couple of All Time Tournament.

Game 1.4
Callie and Arizona, Grey’s Anatomy 33.65%
Buffy and Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer 66.35%

Here's round three.

http://www.eonline.com/news/474694/best-tv-couple-of-all-time-tournament-vote-in-the-sweet-16

Best TV Couple of All Time Tournament: Vote in the Sweet 16!

by Tierney Bricker

may be called the sweet 16, but this competition is anything but!

Our Best TV Couple of All Time Tournament is heating up, with 16 classic and current couples still in the running to be crowned the boob tube's most epic love story.

Round two saw the ousting of several fan favorite pairings, including Veronica Mars' Logan and Veronica (Sorry, LoVe!), Gilmore Girl's Luke and Lorelai and Grey's Anatomy's Mark and Lexie. And the time has come to eliminate another eight couples...

How I Met Your Mother's two couples, Marshall and Lily and Robin and Barney, are both still left in the competition, while Friends' Ross and Rachel and Monica Chandler are also going strong. Some of the other couples duking it out in this round? I Love Lucy's Ricky and Lucy, The Vampire Diaries' Damon and Elena, Saved By the Bell's Zack and Kelly and Glee's Finn and Rachel. An eclectic mix, indeed!

Remember, this round closes Tuesday, Oct. 29 at 9 p.m., so make sure to vote often for your favorite TV couple, which is counting on you to prove that their love is the small magical box's strongest!

And remember to play nice! Ain't nobody got time for fandom wars, y'all!

Again,type in the code at the bottom to vote.

Buffy/Angel take on Barney and Robin from How I Met Your Mother.

Vote B/A Very Happy
lmblack21
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMG's latest tweet:

Quote:
Oh and for all of you who read @BuzzFeed #BTVS..... I think #theProm episode should have rated much higher!! Just my opinion

Based off this ranking:

All Buffy episodes ranked.

...in which The Prom was listed at 23.

Number 1? Becoming I and II are listed together as the number 1 episode - and it says, "There were many great episodes after Buffy’s second season finale, but none broke our hearts like “Becoming” did. Angelus is finally re-ensouled, but just as he reunites with Buffy — she’s forced to put a sword through him. While the entire episode is brilliant, it’s that final scene that leaves you broken. This is Buffy at its very best.

I couldn't agree more, on all counts, including SMG's lovely words that "The Prom" should be higher on that list.

"Smashed" comes in at 96. *snicker* "Touched" is 89. And while "Chosen"is in the top 10, no mention of Spuffy.

Just sayin.

I Heart SMG.

-Luc

Last edited by lmblack21 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome thing for SMG to tweet about. Smile
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool for SMG to tweet that. Smile
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a comment on the E-line that "took" is that how you vote?

B/A is up against Robin and Barney--now haven't they essentially worn out everyone else on the planet and Barney will come out gay to explain why he couldn't find the right woman; and to keep that line true of "Aunt Robin" as a success in broadcasting from Japan?

Come on to lose to this couple/

I would have accepted the comedy couple of the pie man and his Chuck beofre this.
Let me know if I voted with the comment--I am not interested in getting in a snarl over this, especially for "public" consumption.

HUGS!
sybil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: