Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SMG Sends DB A B/A Happy Birthday Via Twitter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: SMG Sends DB A B/A Happy Birthday Via Twitter Reply with quote

SMG posts a pic of herself with David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel. Smile

https://twitter.com/RealSMG/status/439157337325305856/photo/1

.@David_Boreanaz @EmilyDeschanel- A tale of two leading ladies #Bones #BVTS pic.twitter.com/URyIgflPbD

Sarah also did a Reddit Q/A last night and showed her B/A love big time over spuffy. Very Happy

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1z4nu6/i_am_sarah_michelle_gellar_also_known_as_the_girl/

CCCP-Fish 1049 points 15 hours ago

What was your favorite Buffy episode to work on?

Sarah_MichelleGellar[S] 2341 points 15 hours ago

I have a few, so bear with me.

I am in a room full of Buffy fans and everyone is yelling out their favorite episodes!

My first one is The Prom because I just love that whole story, and I thought it just encapsulated the show so well. It was beautiful and heartbreaking.

I also love Hush because I think it's not just the scariest episode we've ever done but the challenge to do a silent episode - I thought it would be easy but it was way harder.

And the other favorite I love is The Body, because it was beyond difficult and heart wrenching to shoot, and I don't know if many people know this, but my entire first scene was all done in one take. It was 4-5 minutes of one long take.

WilliamTheBloody3 994 points 15 hours ago

Spike or Angel?

Sarah_MichelleGellar[S] 2123 points 15 hours ago

ANGEL

defeasiblefee 205 points 15 hours ago

Settle a debate going on over at r/buffy right now. Angel or Spike?

Sarah_MichelleGellar[S] 545 points 15 hours ago

Still Angel.

kargigogo 207 points 14 hours ago

Who was a better kisser, Angel or Spike?

P.S. any answer other than Spike will be incorrect, but I need you to confirm.

Sarah_MichelleGellar[S] 428 points 14 hours ago

I'm sorry to disappoint. And again my apologies to Jamie.

Last edited by comic fan on Fri May 16, 2014 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
CrystalSC
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE THAT SHE SHIPS THEM SO HARD! Heart Heart Heart Heart

I love how Buffy-ised her Twitter background is. It even has the claddagh ring!

It is kind of funny that she avoided Buffy-related talk for so long and now she's so hardily embracing it.
LilyBella
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me laugh that people still ask SMG is she prefers Spike or Angel. Sarah has been very open about her love for Angel and the Buffy/Angel relationship. Pretty sure James Marsters has said he prefers Buffy/Angel, too, or at least something close to it.

Also, Sarah and David together again? Ahh. So beautiful. Heart
SiegePerilous02
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So straight from the horse's mouth, we have confirmation on who Buffy prefers Mr. Green

Seriously, aside from Whedon himself, I don't think we a better authority on who Buffy's true love is. You'd think this would settle the debates, as SMG spent 7 years getting into Buffy's head and bringing her to life. I think she knows our favorite Slayer better than anybody int the fandom.

Her sudden celebration of Buffy is also great to see. I like to think that some official Buffy-related project is in the works, but I know that's not realistic. Guy can dream though.
lmblack21
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To recap::

Spike or Angel?

ANGEL - All caps.

Spike or Angel?

Still Angel. (STILL.)

Better kisser?

David Boreanaz - NOT JAMES MARSTERS.

David Boreanaz smelled wonderful and STILL DOES. There's that STILL.

JM's hair felt - overprocessed.

There is not one thing I don't love about everything she said.

Also, if you aren't twitter following her, her twitter background ALSO has a picture of a Claddagh ring.

I mean.....come ON people. She's never NOT been a B/A fan.

Love this woman.

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

-Luc
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sites are picking up on SMG's Comments.

http://www.blastr.com/2014-2-28/sarah-michelle-gellar-reveals-her-favorite-buffy-eps-baddies-her-reddit-ama

Sarah Michelle Gellar reveals her favorite Buffy eps + baddies in her Reddit AMA

Trent Moore
Friday, February 28, 2014

It’s been more than a decade since Buffy the Vampire Slayer went off the air, but fans still debate their favorite episodes and baddies. Now Buffy herself is getting in on the action.

The actress, who currently stars in the CBS sitcom The Crazy Ones, recently conducted an Ask Me Anything (AMA) on Reddit, and the Buffy fans came out in force. Well played, Scooby Gang. From her favorite episodes to the best kisser (Angel -- sorry, Spike fans), she delved deep into her Sunnydale memories for some glorious nostalgia.

So what were Gellar’s favorites episodes from the series?

My first one is “The Prom” because I just love that whole story, and I thought it just encapsulated the show so well. It was beautiful and heartbreaking.

I also love “Hush” because I think it’s not just the scariest episode we’ve ever done but the challenge to do a silent episode - I thought it would be easy but it was way harder.

And the other favorite I love is “The Body,” because it was beyond difficult and heart wrenching to shoot, and I don’t know if many people know this, but my entire first scene was all done in one take. It was 4-5 minutes of one long take.

…I also liked the body switching episode where I got to play Faith and Faith got to play Buffy.

Not bad, and it’s hard to argue with Gellar’s taste. “The Body” and “Hush” are easily two of the greatest episodes of Joss Whedon’s little show that could, if not some of the best works ever put on the small screen. Respect.

She also fielded a question about her favorite baddies, and it turns out she was also totally freaked out by the Gentlemen from “Hush.” But, her ultimate, favorite Big Bad is also one that most fans would be hard-pressed to argue with: her sometime-lover Angel:

Ohhhh! I loved a couple. When Angel turned bad. Physically I think the scariest were the guys from Hush. And also Camden Toy, I can’t think of his character’s name right now. And I also liked it when I was the bad guy. And while we’re on this topic, I remember my other favorite episode, even though no one asked: I also liked the body switching episode where I got to play Faith and Faith got to play Buffy.

If you’re jonesing for even more Buffy memories, you can check out Gellar’s full AMA right here. R.I.P., Sunnydale. You’ll never be forgotten.

(Via Pajiba, Reddit)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/sarah-michelle-gellar-angel-over-spike-ama

Sarah Michelle Gellar Just Picked Angel Over Spike And Nothing Will Ever Be The Same

During a Reddit AMA, Sarah Michelle Gellar put an end to the immortal question: Angel or Spike?
posted on February 27, 2014

Jarett Wieselman BuzzFeed Staff

While Buffy went back and forth between Angel and Spike throughout the seven-season run of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Sarah Michelle Gellar made her choice known during a Reddit AMA on Feb. 27.

A user named WilliamTheBloody3 asked (and probably regretted later, judging from the moniker), “Spike or Angel?”

Gellar replied, in all caps, “ANGEL.”

Understandably, that kicked off a swirling storm of insanity in the comments, and a little while later a user named Defeasiblefee re-asked the inciting question, maybe hoping that Gellar had misunderstood: “Settle a debate going on over at r/buffy right now. Angel or Spike?”

“Still Angel,” Gellar replied.

Gellar appeared to drive a final stake through Spike fans’ hearts when she was asked, “How did David Boreanaz smell?” by user Zoidberg3000. Gellar’s response: “I can say that David honestly smells very good and continues to smell very good. I apologize to Jamie his wife for answering that question.” So looks like the debate is settled, then.

Oh, who are we kidding, this debate will rage on forever!

ETA

Thought this was funny.Buffy Comics editor Scott Allie jokes about SMG's comments. Laughing

https://twitter.com/SarahDisgraced/status/439500041087361024

Sarah McCandless ‏@SarahDisgraced · 16h
Paging @ScottAllie RT @Jezebel Bad News Buffy: Sarah Michelle Gellar chooses Angel over Spike http://bit.ly/OKAwFK

Scott Allie ‏@ScottAllie · 17h
@SarahDisgraced But we can all agree this isn't my fault, right?

Last edited by comic fan on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
cheryl
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great comments/answers from our leading lady about our leading man, time has not tarnished her view of B/A. Love that photo, SMG is just so beautiful and David always looks better standing beside her than all others. Heart

Irony= see above.
SiegePerilous02
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, the chain reaction this has had in the fandom is hilarious.

"But she's not Buffy, her opinion doesn't matter!!"

Yeah ok, if she'd picked Spike they'd be singing quite a different tune on Sarah's opinions Twisted Evil

I've seen that old quote of Joss's about him liking Spike the most being resurrected. Never mind that Joss quite likely just enjoys screwing with our heads ( I totally would if I was in his position) and probably has some contradictory quotes floating around somewhere.
jr24tw
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love how people are shocked still. Seriously has SMG ever made a secret about who she ships? Geez.

And the least said about that Jezebel article the better. I skimmed through it and had to shudder with disgust. All the comments about evil Buffy abusing poor Spikey physically and emotionally. Good grief. I'm sorry but are there any Spuffy shippers out there that don't make me want to tell them to get therapy asap otherwise they might end up in bad relationships?

And I love how the same logic they apply to Buffy is applied to Sarah. Buffy never means what she says unless it's a good thing about Spike. If she says something good about Angel she is clearly immature and misguided and stuck in the past or what have you.

Whatever.
Kairos
Forum Gargoyle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The less said about Spuffy here, the better, but as for the topic itself...

*passes around champagne flutes*

To Buffy and Angel, always.

*clink*

*runs over to clink Scott Allie's glass while he isn't looking*
dorotea
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a really nice Q/A and I don't mean only the Bangel part of it. The whole set of her answers projected such a warm and intelligent personality that I cannot but smile after reading her reactions to so many things.

And I have to agree with the general amusement towards the fandom reaction to SMG being a resilient Bangel. I have seen/read enough of her interviews through the years and she have always been adamant about it. So, yes, an eye roll at all the fuss.

I was always more surprised at the fandom overall delusion that Joss himself was somehow a 'spuffy' - while there is a fact that over the last 1.5 decade he never ever in a single interview of his mentioned Buffy 'in love' with Spike, only always Spike in love with Buffy. Even when JW went into that infamous rant of his over whom he liked ( to write ) more he never implied two-way street or reciprocity of any kind, only the fact that he finds it more fun to write dysfunctional couples that are always fighting and will never be remotely happy together. See also his comment of Hermione and Ron ( aka Beatrice and Benedict) undoubtedly divorcing in 'his' kind of a story. See also Allie's comment in the letters column of S9 (to a Spuffy fan) about 'cannot give you what Joss does not think is right for the characters !'. Shrug.

And yes, I like the bubbles too. Smile
SiegePerilous02
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the author of that Jezebel article wasn't biased at all or anything...
Rolling Eyes

Not that we're ones to talk! Mr. Green
forthelove77
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jr24tw wrote:
Love how people are shocked still. Seriously has SMG ever made a secret about who she ships? Geez.

And the least said about that Jezebel article the better. I skimmed through it and had to shudder with disgust. All the comments about evil Buffy abusing poor Spikey physically and emotionally. Good grief. I'm sorry but are there any Spuffy shippers out there that don't make me want to tell them to get therapy asap otherwise they might end up in bad relationships?

And I love how the same logic they apply to Buffy is applied to Sarah. Buffy never means what she says unless it's a good thing about Spike. If she says something good about Angel she is clearly immature and misguided and stuck in the past or what have you.
Whatever.

Jezebel pictures right under are Buffy/Angel Dancing at the prom very sweet and the Spike/Buffy picture is them cheek to cheek in each others arms........ From SOMETHING BLUE when buffy was under a SPELL that speaks volumes don't you think.
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzzfeed ranks the Buffy couples.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/caitlinjinks/ranking-the-greatest-couples-from-buffy-the-vampir-mfzs

At Number 5

5. Buffy and Spike

Sorry Spuffy shippers, but let’s be honest, Buffy never truly loved Spike and he knew that. His love for her, however, was admirable. Seriously, how many people would try and restore their soul out of love? While this relationship didn’t provide much stability, it did produce a huge amount of passion. Their bedroom scenes could make Sasha Grey blush. At the end of the day it was exciting and fun to watch, but Buffy’s heart wasn’t completely in it.

At Number 2

2. Buffy and Angel

This was meant to be from the beginning. Even Sarah Michelle Gellar ships these two. This is the one man Buffy never really got over, and their love both tested and overjoyed her. Yes Angelus caused an intense amount of pain, but technically Angel and Angelus are two different people, which is important to note here. And even after the Angelus saga Buffy still loved him. Although they could never really be together, they’re soul mates, and deep down they both know that.

At Number 1

1. Giles and Jenny

It was as if you could feel your heart being ripped out of your chest when Jenny died. These two worked so well as a couple and that’s why her death was so unbearable. Compared to these other great romances this had the least drama, and it made sense. It had so much potential and it was such a tragedy that it was cut short. Who didn’t want Giles to be happy? Jenny did that for him. Ugh, the heartache.

Who was your favourite couple?

People are fiercely protective of their Buffy relationships, so this list is sure to make a few fans angry. But before we make any aggressive comments, let’s just remember that the greatest relationship of all, is the one we have with this show. And yes, I am mildly ashamed at how cheesy that was.
Ares
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now! Late to the party, I know, don't faint.

*waves and partakes of Kairos' champagne*

SMG has always loved the B/A aspect of the show and has said so on many occasions. However, it is impossible to convince those other shippers that this is so. One can talk till they're blue in the face and it will make no difference.

So all we can do is party on (dare I say it feeling smug) and bask in the love.

Ares Heart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: