Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SMG Sends DB A B/A Happy Birthday Via Twitter
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lmblack21
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This was meant to be from the beginning. Even Sarah Michelle Gellar ships these two. This is the one man Buffy never really got over, and their love both tested and overjoyed her. Yes Angelus caused an intense amount of pain, but technically Angel and Angelus are two different people, which is important to note here. And even after the Angelus saga Buffy still loved him. Although they could never really be together, they’re soul mates, and deep down they both know that.

What don't I love about this?

MEANT TO BE FROM THE BEGINNING - Love.

EVEN SARAH MICHELL GELLAR SHIPS THESE TWO - Love.

The ONE MAN BUFFY NEVER REALLY GOT OVER - Love.

THEIR LOVE BOTH TESTED AND OVERJOYED HER - Love.

Angel and Angelus are TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE - Love.

THEY'RE SOULMATES, AND DEEP DOWN THEY BOTH KNOW THAT - Love.

Bonus love:

Sorry Spuffy shippers, but let’s be honest, Buffy never truly loved Spike and he knew that.

-Luc
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Although they could never really be together, they’re soul mates, and deep down they both know that.

Well, that one says they never read their own season 8 and “deep down” these two actually do believe it, or they would have finally become “Spuffy” aka”just friends” which Spike himself, declared: “you’ll never be friends.”

The demonic voice was used, OUAT, as the “truth teller.”(See the Mayor and his wife). Howver, the implied promise is “Immortality…I am dying to lose that” which is the crux of the curse, to achieve Shanshu, “without shoes” means DEATH aka to be alive and the barrier is actually called the “The third death” (Buffy has died twice, for example) The reason for Buffy killing Angel is a myth of the Amazon women, who were not allowed to marry until they killed a man. Buffy married first and then killed Angel, as is the subversion/flip/opposition that is, at once, recognizable and yet a new take, to maintain the drama. Death is the key and we actually watched it when Buffy took that dive off the tower in order to maintain Dawn’s existence as human. Buffy is the avatar, subconscious “slayer”/female principle/ within the psyche of all humans confronting “the dark” or the journey of the emerging psyche in its id/ego/superego connections/struggles. See “Normal, Again.”

I prefer to “bump off the humans” aka their disappearance/deaths are the change to adulthood; there is nothing for fic writers to inhibit “reunion” with anyone who died “psychically” aka “the magic death,” despite the fact so many of these characters are treated as “magic solutions” of a child/serendipity of adulthoods/miracles to those who truly understand or the greatest faith. Buffy’s mother is dead because Joss never “got over” love shared with his own mother—another proof that love grows in understanding and “never dies,” or shall I just say it. We fail love and those who believe in souls/God, and “God is love” probably agree.

However, the over ruling opinion that B/A is merely a tragedy or they are strictly childish first love/obsession/immature and is to say * this story * STATES neither Buffy/Angel will understand “the curse” and achieve “normal” which is simply adulthood; is exactly why I am done with “wagon training” forever by these writers. This sentence refutes “THE STORY” The result is foregone “denial” of implied promise, on a platform that flat out * shows * death/change is the operating power/reality/floor to the entire universe.

Because time is the watchword that is heavily ignored, “soulmates” after death in “heaven” may be your ideal ending/belief.

I believe that the “change of plane” in “becoming” achieved through death, is exactly how one becomes “awake” to the fact one is no longer a child. And that requires the physical/psychic “unification” to do it. That the key is the door to the glory of discovery is why these words were made into literal characters.

Therefore, the “implied promise” really does not say they can only “be together” as soul mates in “heaven” , even if the writers carefully avoid the third death. Season 8 showed the union of B/A as a picture of body/soul unification and creative reality of a plane separate from “earth.” The problem is that “earth” will be ended or “everyone” will die, from the POV of B or A, as that is the only way to actually live in *normal *, aka “the gray” of this world in which all the struggles exist. The universe telling you to stop holding the door against understanding the riddle that is you.

In short, struggle/pain/suffering/change/death will not “magically” be exempt from what we already have seen is the Story. The continual use of B/A’s bliss as tragically denied v the reality of an actual “normal life” is (incorrect as escape/wish) in favor of the mythical/fairy tale motifs and structures describing “becoming” is “forever” and is used in growth/regression/ blah blah blah as a franchise.

At least this season has re-established the scoobies as the better mirrors to actually seeing and understanding what a taciturn Buffy’s own struggles are, despite being shown as “character lives” and their “B plot” relations/struggles. We continue with “black/white/gray” moralities, the annoyances and distractions to desire/will/actualization in wish v work in self/place/time not to mention the actual reality “to go out” absolutely must mean “to go in” are thus, this season is a good way for me to just be done with those who forget how a fairy tale actually ends. It isn’t about a happy ending. What is promised is “they lived happily ever AFTER.”

HUGS!
sybil
janas
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday to my "Angel" then and now Very Happy Very Happy

"I just know that when you're around, whether I see you or not, I feel you. Inside."
comic fan
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janas wrote:

Happy Birthday to my "Angel" then and now Very Happy Very Happy

Was just coming here to post about this. Very Happy
Kimberline
Mortal

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want big versions of the two pictures on the top right!

I've never seen that BTS pic from Becoming II (but it looks like it's a picture she got from a website, I need to hunt it down!) and I want a big version of the super cute pool picture! I love that they apparently do hang out with their families. Too cute!
lmblack21
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is one of about a million reasons that I fangirl SMG like mad. Love, love, love how unabashed she is in her B/A, Angel love.

-Luc
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah twitter Heart Smile

Happy Birthday @David_Boreanaz 🎂 Immortality looks good on you!

"I just know that when you're around, whether I see you or not, I feel you. Inside."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: