Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Sad News for Nicholas Brendon (Xander)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> General Show
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alilbitgoth
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone! I've been meaning to catch-up on the thread especially with the anniversary. I wanted to offer my 2 cents on the Nick & DB thing.

David & I share the same sign and I've been around other Tauruses and we tend to have the same temperament when it comes to things. One is we don't like to be around messy & negative folks. Now we don't know if its true but considering Nicks problems hence the post Elle made, I can see him not wanting to deal with him. I know I've cut off family members because of messiness myself.

Elle your frustration with DB is due to his sign. We Tauruses can be stubborn and head-strong plus secretive. The Rock & Janet Jackson share the same signs.
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alilbitgoth wrote:

Elle your frustration with DB is due to his sign. We Tauruses can be stubborn and head-strong plus secretive. The Rock & Janet Jackson share the same signs.

sorry alilbitgoth for this late reply. I actually read your posts days ago but it's only now I have the time to organize my thoughts in writing a reply.

I agree with you with DB's temperament as a Taurus guy. I also know some Taurus men in my life so I know what you mean. Wink

I have no qualms that David wants to guard his privacy, as some accounts coming from Marcia Schulman (the one who cast him as Angel) quoted before that David "carries a lot of stories that he is not willing to share". And also I remember one of Julie Benz's interviews when she was asked who among the btvs/angel casts would likely to be bashful if they had Twitter then. And Julie specifically answered David or SMG were the ones to be likely most bashful.

I have no question in my mind that David is a secretive person. If only he wasn't outwitted by those women he had an affair with, I don't think he would come clean out in public and admit those transgressions. He also didn't want to join Twitter/Facebook/Instagram. In fact, he said in one of his interviews in Craig Furgeson's show, that he didn't understand the need of a person to tweet anything he did for the day. In short, he made fun of social media especially Twitter. Only a year after that interview, he joined Twitter as he was convinced by his wife, Jaime. She also made him joined Instagram last year. However, his Facebook account is only linked to his Whosay account, so I doubt if he knows how to use Facebook.

It's easy to "lose" yourself in social media, especially if you have been receiving many "likes" or attention because of your posts. It's really a great avenue for any person who wants to get attention from lots of people. My point about David is that he is NOT using Social Media to his advantage, especially during those times when he used to post lots of hockey stuffs and political opinions which often times he got himself into trouble with other fans. There was a time when he used twitter as a form of "self-expression" instead of "self-promotion". I have no problem of what David wanted to post on his social media page, but I just dont get why he allowed himself to have those accounts if he wasn't going to use much of it for his fans' delight. There was a time when he posted a warning for those netizens who harassed his family online. I understand his anger. However, it's just for me, he and his wife have been posting online lots of family pictures with their children. He should have known that there are consequences in posting family pictures publicly. If he and his wife wanted to show off, then so be it. That's their right. But, them as parents, should also be aware that ANYONE could see their children's face. They should know that the moment they OPEN their family in public view, they also expose themselves to different kinds of people. So even if I am grateful of them sharing their family life, my concern is that David can't fully blame stalker-ish fans to be intrusive about his family if he himself was careless in exposing his family into those kinds of fans. That's why I really PREFER for David to post more about his projects, be it past or presents, because those are the main reasons why his fans love him.

Though, recently, I notice that he has toned down on his social media posts. I am thinking he has been cautious now of his online posts. I prefer he posts NOTHING than what he used to post about his feet or liquor drinks. Though, I wish he had a better public greeting for SMG's bday for Bangel fanbase. I also miss the times when he randomly made some interesting posts just for the sake of being funny. And I miss the times when he would make a reply to random posts from CC, SMG, Eliza or Julie Benz's posts.

I just want David to use social media to interact more with his fans or with his former co-stars THAN to show off his family. That's the reason why I am sometimes frustrated at him on handling his social media accounts.

alilbitgoth wrote:
One is we don't like to be around messy & negative folks. Now we don't know if its true but considering Nicks problems hence the post Elle made, I can see him not wanting to deal with him.

I might agree with you, but, I don't think David would act as a "primadonna" in EW photoshoot by shunning away Nick from the rest of the casts. I know that David had a tendency to be this "protective" guy on Bones set, but he was one of the Executive Producers of the show so he had a say on it. But I don't believe that David had made such "demand" against Nick, unless, ALL of the casts had a consensus about it. It's just so puzzling. David rarely talked on that reunion. And even I can see he was NOT that comfortable compared to the panels I saw him with Bones casts. Perhaps, David didn't want to see Nick, but I don't believe he had THAT much power or authority to make Nick be "separated" from that reunion. Come to think of it, ALL of the cast, including SMG could overturn David's demands against Nick, if they REALLY WANTED Nick to be there. Even if Joss wasn't there in panel interview, he was in the group picture. He has the MOST stellar power among the cast who attended the reunion. If he really cared about Nick, he could also overturn David's "demands" against Nick.

So, as much as I feel sorry for Nick, both on what had happened to him before and on what happened to him on EW photoshoot, I don't think it was solely David's fault why he wasn't there. But who knows really. I wish this Nick/David things wont aggravate further in future times.

It's just so sad that Nick made a bad joke about "killing" David Boreanaz or his character on Bones. And he also made that stupid dance at the end, where we can see Emma shaking her head (out of embarrassments??). His jokes were really made out of sarcasms. And I remember a Bones' quote about sarcasms - that it was ANGER turned inwards. Nick dislikes David with anger and it saddens me because they used to be best buds on BtVS seasons 1-2.

I hope the best for Nicky. That's the reason why I posted that article in the first place. For readers of this forum to be informed on what's happening to him and if they could find BETTER ideas to help him.

I hope next time I see Nick, he would be REALLY happy without the NEED to drag ANY of his castmates and MADE FUN of him/her in a bad way, especially in front of a camera, UNLESS he REALLY wanted to MAKE A SERIOUS POINT against that someone.

That's all. Wink
alilbitgoth
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like when you guys post stuff and elaborate. I've been a buffy fan since the beginning but only just got into the online fandom within the last 5 years. I was mostly on book & author forums when I first discovered the web. Then I got my first computer in 2006 so I'm behind. I've consumed so much since then. Everybody talks about AOL & geocities & Angelfire boards and I get envious that I missed out on that.

I don't have a Twitter or Instagram. I have a facebook but I don't follow him or Sarah. That's cause I don't really be on there so It's a lot of folks I don't follow. So you guys give me the 411 on stuff that's happening.

I didn't even get to find out all of what happen with David & the women cause it was over before it began. It was swept over very quickly that folks rarely mention it.

I do agree that I don't think David could have been the one that had the final say on Nick's interaction on the EW shoot. I was surprised to see David do the shoot since he said he don't do reunions. I wish him and Sarah would just do a comic con panel together.

I wonder where his anger is coming from? Did David stop talking to him? Is that why he's pissed?
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alilbitgoth wrote:
I didn't even get to find out all of what happen with David & the women cause it was over before it began. It was swept over very quickly that folks rarely mention it.

David's cheating scandal isn't really a big deal for his fans nowadays. Though it tainted his then clean-cut image, he was able to make-up with his wife and his children. So, it seems everything is forgiven and forgotten now as far as his devoted fans are concerned. His cheating scandal only matters to anti-DB fans, so they can find ways to throw shades at him.

alilbitgoth wrote:
I was surprised to see David do the shoot since he said he don't do reunions. I wish him and Sarah would just do a comic con panel together.

The moment I found out that he and the rest of btvs cast made a photoshoot, I was beyond excited especially the photoshoot was done days after his interview on Parade Mag where he was quoted that he wont do any Buffy reunion. Honestly, I was thinking he meant of "movie/reboot reunion"; hence, it made sense that he didn't want to do it because he ages physically IRL and Angel isn't supposed to.

I assume that since it was Btvs' 20th anniv and Bones just ended, David might have thought that the photoshoot would be a great opportunity for exposure too. And since, he said it before that he did the BtVS finale as a favor for Sarah, I thought too that Sarah might have talked David into doing the photoshoot. Well, that's just my assumption since what else could she be thanking David for when this came out?! Wink

I also really wish that David and Sarah would do a con panel where it's just the TWO of them only. It would be a HUGE moral booster for Bangel fanbase if they did. Like I said before, it's a good thing that David was there in the EW's btvs reunion, even if he rarely talked, because SMG was able to choose Angel like she always does. Remember the difference of what she said on Paley Reunion on 2008 and this EW reunion? JM was there and lots of spukey fans were there in Paley Fest so SMG some had difficulty on mentioning Bangel, much to the delight of B/S fans. She always had to "appease" the B/S and Spukey fans whenever she mentions Bangel. So, I want to see David and Sarah, just the TWO of them, in a con panel. I don't care HOW MUCH it would cost. If I had to sell out the rest of my properties just to buy the tickets and plane cost, I would definitely do it, just to see the TWO of them, TOGETHER. No JM or Joss. Wink

alilbitgoth wrote:
I wonder where his anger is coming from? Did David stop talking to him? Is that why he's pissed?

Well based on the video posted, Nick was pissed at David because he said that David didn't want him at the photoshoot. So, if we are going to base our assumptions solely on the vid, Nick's reaction against David seems valid enough. But like I said earlier, Nick's allegation against David had some loopholes. So, I think there are other reasons why Nick was pissed at David. Sadly, I don't know what it is. David rarely mentions his former co-stars, unless he was being asked about them. I don't remember David mentioned Nick after Angel ended, so I had no idea that there's a gap between them. Except that tweet from a fan which I read years ago, that Nick made a grimace when he was asked about DB. But since I had never heard anything about Nick/David gap after that tweet, I didn't think it was serious enough. Not until this recent Nick vid.

We can only hope for the best. What I am worried about this Nick/David stuffs, is how anti-DB fans would jump into this issue to add further shades against David. If some fans could laugh at Nick's joke against David, then imagine Nick doing those jokes again and again at cons, in front of some btvs fans who hate Angel, because some fans think that it's a great comedy.

it would be horrible for me, as a David Boreanaz fan. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> General Show All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: