Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THANK YOU!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Misc/Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sybil
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: THANK YOU! Reply with quote

I admit I more heartbroken than my ability to write in the terms you all deserve.

I thank you, DARKSTAR for providing this forum and this place, a haven for both doers and dreamers.

I thank you, ARES, for your kindnesses to encourage us all to write those lovely moments between moments that offer solace, explanation, inspiration, celebration and full human connections.

I thank you, mods, for continuing to allow us this haven when the BFNs finally moved into their own gifts or from the tyrannies of fandom, especially for my ungodly long rants yearning for clarity or understanding.

I thank you for your posts, your arts, your arguments, your rants and your jubilation. Thank you, my dear friends, and I do say friends for your unflinching support and loyalty to both this fandom and to me personally.

I did see something so very epic and transcendent that all my work studying myth told me, this was even more: it was transfiguring. It was Buffy and Angel who were answer to each other's curses, for the curse's answer is always within its making.

I never enjoyed their pain, these epic moments we all know, but endured for the promises contained in the story that these two held each other at their deepest center even if they were given each other when they were completely not ready for it, but would never lie that it had happened or could be made to be otherwise.

I had no idea it suddenly could and would be used to bash "true love" from all reality thus far shown.

I endured to see that implied promise of normal and shanshu for this boy and this girl to share their partnership through a real life. That isn't asking anything "larger than life" than that or that any of us might hope for or ask.

They endured the gates of heaven and hell, and I thought just a boy and a girl who never could be anything other than the center of the other to finally have "just a life," wasn't a fantasy or unrealistic.

They would still have problems, but they would have each other to face them. And the idea that they could be of solace or comfort or joy and have the pleasure to give and receive them--was that naive? Isn't that what people hope love can mean for them? Does that not take maturity to understand how much is asked of true love and to be able to give it anyway, even when you don't?

I am sorry that I see no fixing for "true." As I said, it is true, or it isn't.

I do have memory of one little story, "LadyHawke." It's a movie, so its "attainable." I hope you will make the effort to see what I only hoped could be true for Buffy and her Angel.

HUGS! And kisses, too, my dear ones.

sybil
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thank you, DARKSTAR for providing this forum and this place, a haven for both doers and dreamers.

Its nice to be remembered sometimes! But if all of you enjoy being here, it is worth paying the bill.

I might not post much nowadays but I do still check the board every day but then, I know I have good mods, especially Kairos, who looks after the busy comic board.

Im very fond of our little set-up here, and it is lovely to see everyone appreciate the forum.

Thank you, sybil.

"Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> Misc/Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: