Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW - Share Twelve!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: NEW - Share Twelve! Reply with quote

Hi all!

I just wanted to mention that on Monday, August 10, the forum will be 12 years old! Twelve years we’ve been flying the B/A flag, and it’s been a real pleasure, meeting all of you!

So. I thought it might be fun to ‘Share 12’.

You can take part in any way you wish. Just make a post (or add to this one) and ‘Share 12’.

You can give us your top 12 favourite moments, best fighting scenes, favourite kisses, quotes, etc…

Or, you can make something that uses 12. A little story that has something to do with 12 (heck, you can do it in 12 words if you want!) pictures, etc

Or, give us your top twelve B/A fiction recs, authors, vids, pictures, anything you like.

I know the forum is a bit quiet right now – it always is this time of year – but can I ask you to share the love with us? Prove that we’re still alive and kicking!

Share Twelve runs until October, so you have lots of time to get your thinking caps on!

Here's to the next 12...

"Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about 12 years of (hopelessly????) waiting for a GOOD Buffy/Angel reunion?.... THE REAL REUNION just between the two them? Does that qualify as valid "Share 12"? Laughing

Anyway...watching B/A kisses is my main comfort food for all the heartaches Joss and his minion brought to me via the unbelievable, unacceptable so-called "canon" comics.

Here are my favorite Top 12 B/A kisses (actually 15, if I would separately breakdown the IWRY kisses).

1 Their First kiss on BTVS S1 x 07 "Angel"
2 The Kissing scene (as well the spit trails on their lips) on "I Only Have Eyes On You"
3 2nd Kissing scene at the graveyard on "Bad Eggs"
4 1st Kissing scene at Angel's place on "Surprise"
5 3rd Kissing scene (their first lovemaking) on "Surprise"
6 2nd Kissing scene at the pier on "Surprise"
7 The Kiss on Becoming part 2
8 All the kisses on IWRY
9 Kisses during the dream sequence on "Amends"
10 Last Kiss at the bronze on S1 episode "Angel"
11 Kissing scene at Buffy's room on "Halloween"
12 Opening Kissing scene on "Enemies"

Actually I love ALL the B/A kisses, including the ones in "forever" and "chosen"....but these 12 are my most watched B/A kisses of all time.

Heart
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
how about 12 years of (hopelessly????) waiting for a GOOD Buffy/Angel reunion?.... THE REAL REUNION just between the two them? Does that qualify as valid "Share 12"?

Yes! That counts…

I love B/A kisses. Remember in IWRY when they broke the table? Very Happy

elle2
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I love B/A kisses. Remember in IWRY when they broke the table?

Of course! No hardcore B/A fan could not notice it Twisted Evil

If Angel got vampire strength on that day, I'm sure it's not only the table that had been broken! Razz

More on IWRY,

...also did not go unnoticed was Buffy's pinky "subtly" touching Angel's nipple ! LOL (And look how Angel smiles Wink )

Heart

HAPPY 12th YEAR ANNIVERSARY! 12 years of striving and keeping our faith that "someday" these two poor souls would be together again, once the slayer eventually becomes a "normal girl" and the vampire would finally be redeemed and gets his "shanshu".

Last edited by elle2 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a nice smile, too...

bonnaleah
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy twelve year anniversary!

My "share twelve" highlights the common knowledge of Buffy and Angel's great love for each other on both series. The Fang gang were just as aware of Angel's love for Buffy, as the scoobies were aware of Buffy's love for Angel.... even the Oracles knew. No guesswork or ambiguity about it.

1. Darla: "You love someone who hates us". "You're sick".

2. Kendra: "I'm not telling my watcher about dat". "It is too strange that a slayer loves a vampire".

3. Gunn: "The 'B' word was the love of his life, and he's,.what? 250? That isn't a short life. That grief work is gonna take more than a vacation in Sri Lanka."

4. Female oracle: "You're asking to be what you were, a demon with a soul, because of the Slayer?" Male oracle turns to leave again: "Oh, this is a matter of love. It does not concern us."

5. Xander: I-I know you have feelings for this guy, but it's not like you're in love with him, right? Buffy looks away.
Xander: "You're in love with a vampire"?! "What, are you outta your mind"?!

6. Giles: A vampire in love with a Slayer! It's rather poetic! In a maudlin sort of way.

7. Doyle: "Yeah, well, it’s a fairly dull tale. It needs a little sex, is my feeling. So sure enough: enter the girl. (Flash to scenes of Buffy) Pretty little blonde thing, (whistles) Vampire Slayer by trade. And our vampire falls madly in love with her.

8. Cordy: "Oh, please! They've got the forbidden love of all time. They have been apart for months. Now he's suddenly human? I'm sure they are down there just having tea and crackers".

9. Spike: (faces them) You're *not* friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other till it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends. (points at his temple) Love isn't brains, children, it's blood... (clasps his chest) blood screaming inside you to work its will. Neither Buffy nor Angel want to hear this. Spike: *I* may be love's bitch, but at least *I'm* man enough to admit it.

10. Fred: "But you said he loved her. And of course she's gonna love him back, because he's so strong and handsome and he really listens when you talk. I-I mean, if you go for that sort of thing, why wouldn't it work?"

11. Willow: "The forces at work are the exact same as when they first met. "Passion and love are more potent majicks than you think".

12. Wesley: “Angel’s moment of true happiness occurred because he was with Buffy. You realize how rare that is – true happiness? -
Wes play acting Angel: "Oh, I love you so much I almost forgot to *brood!*"
cheryl
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about some quotes, a few of my all time favorites.

1. "That would be the ultimate, to become human and ride off into the sunset with Buffy."

2. "Yes. I don't see anything else beyond that relationship. We know they'll end up together."

3. "I just wanted to keep on kissing her," he explained. "The director said, 'Cut!' And I said, "I didn't quite get that one - can we keep going?"

4. "She's a great kisser. Full-blown perfect. Doing a love scene is work. It can be pretty uncomfortable, but you have to keep a light-hearted approach to it. Sarah and I have good chemistry, on and off camera. We're friends."

5. "I don't see her off screen. She's so damn beautiful I have to walk away."
"She is perfect; she's so small and so easy to hold. And yes... she is a great kisser."
"
6. "She is a terrific girl, I owe her so much for my career. She was so generous with me

Other Quotes:

7. "The Buffy and Angel relationship transcends everything." – Joss Whedon

8. "As I've said before, my belief is that they will one day be together again. But not for some years? time." –David Fury

9. "Buffy also met the one person she was meant to be with - but the universe didn't allow them a happy ending." -Steve DeKnight

10. "It was because they were star-crossed. They were soul mates." –David Greenwalt

11. "While we have, to some degree, made specific choices to "liberate" Angel as a character and as a series, I'm pretty much of the same mind as you are -- Buffy is the One True One. The Meant To Be. In my bones, I feel like all roads lead back to her for Angel. But that's just me. And my name ain't Joss, for instance. Not that Joss has said otherwise, mind you." –Tim

12. "It was important for David to come and do [the Buffy finale], which is really sweet considering he's all over the end of Angel at the same time. It means a lot to me and Sarah and David and the writing staff as storytellers, because Angel was there from the beginning and because their relationship transcends everything. "- Joss Whedon
Heart Heart

Irony= see above.
lmblack21
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUST TWELVE???

How about one of my favorite things.....the connections and parallels, the mirroring and symbolism.

1) Like the necklaces - Angel gave Buffy a necklace in the first episode and in the last episode, both would save her life:

2) The rings they gave each other, the Claddagh ring, a ring of love, friendship and loyalty, and the Gem of Amarra, the gift of sunlight:

3) There's the way Buffy reacted to an injured/in peril Angel:

4) The way they took care of each other, worried about each other:

5) They have both had nightmares about the other one dying:

6) The word "Always" - from him to her and from her to him:

7) Watching each other sleep:

Cool The heartbreak when you know you're going to lose them:

9) Total, unconditional, unflinching acceptance:

10) "I won't let you die" and "I can't risk you" .... always the theme with these two:

11) Talk of the future....it's always them. Because Forever is the whole point.

12) I didn't even notice....

Bonus mirroring:

Angel, departing in season 1 and season 7 .... but never really gone:

The way they looked when the other died, that blank shock, the desolation....*sobs*:

Perfect moments, his, hers, theirs - notice that Buffy and Angel both have a "side of the bed" .... Wink

This is more about the parallel journeys the characters took that make them SO suited for one another, because they can get each other on a level nobody else can.

1) Dying and portals.........

2) Crawling from their graves:

3) In alternate dimensions, they both went a little crazy:

4) Both victims of body switches:

5) Both awake and aware in their coffins:

6) Their "children" - mystical teens, connected to portals and higher powers:

7) Betrayed by a best friend:

Cool Going BACK into a portal, in order to defeat the big bad:

9) Both helped along by TPTB, specifically, Whistler - who led them to each other, but who could not predict what would happen:

10) Buffy and Angel, as leaders, asking for people who follow them to vote and choose their future/stance:

11) Both Angel and Buffy, depressed, believing that HELL is Earth, seeking to feel something other than the cold with a soulless, blonde vampire.....

(I don't need to provide pics of that grossness, right? Laughing Wink )

12) And at one time or another, both Angel and Buffy were "kicked out"/estranged from their friends/family because of how they were handling things.

Aw, the parallels.

I love my power couple SO DAMN MUCH.

-Luc
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ WOW!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! Heart

I've always known that even separated, the events happened in their lives mirrored each other.

But it's a different feeling to see it all in details. It gives me additional strength to continue shipping them. Heart

They have been thru so much in their lives. That supposed to make them stronger and more mature; so that in the events that they would find their way back to each other, they would know how to work things out.

LOVE and LIFE connect them together. Free Will and Fate blend harmoniously with them. Wink

Even the Mohra Demon told the TRUTH about them:

"TOGETHER, YOU WERE POWERFUL! ALONE, YOU ARE DEAD"

If an unknown demon knew this fact about Buffy and Angel, there is no way us fans wouldn't know this too! Razz

Loving this "Share 12"!
janas
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a claddagh ring.
The hands represent friendship,
the crown represents loyalty...

and the heart... Well, you know...
Wear it with the heart pointing towards you.
It means you belong to somebody. Like this.

Claddagh Ring
Sorry, it's in Italian, but I think that you know very well the story

"I just know that when you're around, whether I see you or not, I feel you. Inside."
CrystalSC
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my favorites aren't other people's favorites but I have my reasons.

1. When Buffy talks to Angel in Ted while she bandages his hand. She talks to him about her parents. It was SO REAL. She's just talking to him about her worries and feelings that don't have to do with each other. Those are the cherished moments for me, when you get a glimpse of their day to day life.

2. When Angel gives Buffy the claddagh ring and she kisses his hand and he leans his forehead into hers and closes his eyes. Just so romantic to me.

3. The argument in Sanctuary. I know it's hard to watch them fight but there was so much love in that argument. Their feelings were laid so bare. Angel who is usually so quiet about his emotions, gives a raw speech leaving no question how he feels. That it is KILLING him to be without her. Made me love him more. And then he punches the wall. I also think it's one of Boreanaz's finest acting moments.
Quote:
That's great. It's nice... you moved on. I can't. You found someone new. I'm not allowed to, remember? I see you again; it cuts me up inside, and the person I share that with is me. You don't know me anymore, so don't come down here with your great new life and expect me to do things your way. Go home.

4. The bite. Very Happy

5. In season 1, when he tells her to keep his leather jacket because it looks better on her and Buffy says, "Oh boy." I love his little smirk he gives looking over his shoulder as he walks away.

6. The pre-snow scene in Amends. Though I think Boreanaz is horrible at trying to cry, the dialogue was just so amazing.

7. The kissing scene when Buffy visits Angel's apartment in the beginning of Surprise. It's my favorite kiss when he grabs her arm and spins her around.

8. whenever they work out/tai chi together

9. the dream sex scene in Amends

10. Angel falling to his knees and hugging Buffy in Beauty and the Beasts. So beautiful.

11. "I loved him more than I will ever love anything in this life."

12. "In 243 years I've loved exactly one person." *swoon*

Bonus: "I've missed this." when he watches her fight in Chosen.
Bonus 2: all the little jealous Angel moments in Never Kill A Boy On A First Date
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrystalSC mentions:

Quote:
1. When Buffy talks to Angel in Ted while she bandages his hand. She talks to him about her parents. It was SO REAL. She's just talking to him about her worries and feelings that don't have to do with each other. Those are the cherished moments for me, when you get a glimpse of their day to day life.

This is actually the very moment that I fell in love with the pairing. The way he looks up at her… just… wow.

CrystalSC
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Star wrote:
CrystalSC mentions:

Quote:

This is actually the very moment that I fell in love with the pairing. The way he looks up at her… just… wow.

It is really wonderful. Heart
alilbitgoth
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrystalSC wrote:
Dark Star wrote:
CrystalSC mentions:

Quote:

It is really wonderful. Heart

And then he goes kiss me. ugh THE FEELS!!

Crystal I think a lot of your faves are mine, although I pretty much love everybody's list.

Quote:
7. The kissing scene when Buffy visits Angel's apartment in the beginning of Surprise. It's my favorite kiss when he grabs her arm and spins her around.

This one though. I remember thinking my ass wouldn't have made it to school that day. especially when she was like I got to go and he was like no you don't and had her up against the door. CHILE!! He had them panties on simmer Laughing
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="alilbitgoth"]
Quote:

This one though. I remember thinking my ass wouldn't have made it to school that day. especially when she was like I got to go and he was like no you don't and had her up against the door. CHILE!! He had them panties on simmer Laughing[/quote

Laughing I know exactly what you mean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: