Blood Roses Community Forum Index

"It started with a girl..."

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When did you catch the 'ship?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: When did you catch the 'ship? Reply with quote

Somebody told me recently that she only got into the B/A ship after watching I Will Remember You, which is odd when you think that they were supposedly 'over' then. Other people have said the same.

So I'm a'wondering, when did the relationship grab you?

"Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
LisaP
Forum Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't see what all the fuss was about regarding B/A. I'd really only seen the interaction between the two of them on Ats, (IWRY, five by five and Sanctuary).
Then I was bought BtVS series 3 for a present.....I watched all 22 episodes in three days, and I was hooked. Chemistry? It was like seeing the atom split for the first time!

Occasionally, I'm callous and strange
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chemistry between them is fabulous, isn't it?

For me, I enjoyed watching the relationship grow, and by BtVS Season 2, I was captivated. *sigh*

Becks
The Beast
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I'm not a true B/Aer, but in my eyes the relationship really took off just before the first visit of Angelus in season 2 - from around What's My Line and Ted...
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were pretty cosy around that time, weren't they? I think that Joss made them extra loving towards each other, so that when Angelus appeared it would be that much more shocking for us.

Leni
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:55 am    Post subject: hm. Reply with quote

When did I say 'Oh, they are SO for each other?' Easy one, when I was reading the transcripts, it had to be the 'NKABITFD' when Angel was so jealous of Owen. Or the one when Buffy touchs his 'true' face...

There were lots of 'little' moments in those transcripts and then came IWRY. How not to love them together?
S J Smith
Chosen One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't start watching BtVS until season 4 so for me, it was seeing IWRY for the second time - I had a "date" to meet some friends of mine that night and thought as I was heading out the door, "I really liked that episode. Maybe I'll tape it so I can watch it again."

That started the whole thing for me.

Icon By Mzz Goddess Blue
dlgood
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first episode was "Surprise", in January of 1998. I watched on and off for the next two seaons, but "Becoming" was the first time I decided I really liked the pairing in any long term sense. What sold me that it was real love, and not just a teen crush, was the look on Buffy's face when she shoves a sword through him. Her utter devastation.

I didn't have a problem per se with Riley, aside from the lack of sparkage, and I didn't have any problem with the idea of Buffy finding some guy in the future to be happy with. As powerful as it is, the relationship with Angel is unworkable, so I wouldn't begrudge her finding happiness elsewhere.

What really brought me around, was the fandom reactions in S6. I had my own issues with Angel, and why even beyond the curse and immortality, I could see why Buffy might not want to ever be with him. But listening to the Spuffies extol the virtues of what I considered to be an incredibly toxic relationship, as being a "complex and messy" loving relationship, while watching S1-3 on F/X led me to re-evaluate. Because everything the Spuffies tells me is so great about B/S in S6-7... those are fabulous arguments for B/A and more accurately applied.

Seeing as the same things seemed to bring Buffy & Angel happiness. Because what made Buffy fulfulled and happy, wasn't making Spike happy, and vice-versa. If I'm wanting characters to have a real relationship based upon love and not just hot-sex, than B/A has it way over the other 'ships I'd seen.
~*Angel's_Girl*~
Mortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first joined the ship when I first watched Buffy..i just loved them two together and I thought they belonged together.

'You Still My Girl?'
'Always'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kelleyanne
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i totally agree. i first started watching buffy the summer after the first season-i watched all the rerun episodes in a few days and just got hooked. from the moment buffy and angel first interacted you knew there was something between them. angel even says in one episode how he watched her and he knew that he wanted to warm her heart with his or whatever that quote is. those two were destined to be together before they even met. they have the ultimate love of all time...sigh...

~kelley~
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of fans believe in the 'Destiny' thing with B/A; I think even they might have referenced it themselves. (I know 'the puppy' did, in the Wishverse)

D.M.
Dark Avenger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose since I watched it off and on for the first two years, I guess it was then but I was much more into Giles/Jenny and SPike/Dru. To be honest I preferred the dynamics of Spike/Dru/Angelus and when it looked like all three were off the air I quit watching until SJ got me back into it during S5 and thanks to FX I got to see it all and got a much better appreciation of B/A
ANGEL - No! It's different. Trust me
emmy award
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started watching 'Buffy' on a lark. I had a friend who was really into it and had been since season one, and while I kind of dissed it for awhile (the supernatural genre wasn't my thing) I caught the end of 'Amends' one day back in late 2001 (how much I love re-runs) and thought that maybe I should watch a bit of the show before dismissing it completely. 'Earshot' was my first full episode, and while I loved it, I didn't really get the B/A thing. It didn't help that I thought that Angel was a bit of a moron, which was an impression I'd gotten from the end of 'Amends' and also the way he acted in 'The Yoko Factor', which I saw a little while after. Season 4 was my first season, and truthfully, I thought the Buffy/Angel thing was a whole heap of angsting and moaning, and I actually had no problem with Riley, and still don't, as a matter of fact.

But then ... I saw 'Angel'. And then both 'Becomings'. And the rest of season two. And then all of season one and three. I was hooked. Buffy and Angel became my OTP, and the rest, they say, is history.

I'm not entirely sure why I got so hooked. I'd spent a fair amount of time lurking in the Harry Potter fandom before this, and I'd prided myself on being a non-shipper. It was much easier that way. But then I watched Buffy and and fell in love with season two and Buffy/Angel and turned into a shipper. It was kind of annoying, but in a good way, and I think it happened as a combination of good acting, great writing, lots of chemistry and the total and complete Romeo and Juliet romanticism of star-crossed lovers doomed to eventually have to part. I miss season two.

-- Emma
bashipforever
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually came to Buffy kind of late (mid season 5) I started working with a girl who was a Buffy fan and she would tell me about the show and the idea instantly appealed to me. I didn't get the whole BA thing at first because I had never really seen it. I have to admit I actually thought the Buffy/Spike stuff was sweet pre Joss going on crack and decided to make them friends with benefits.

I started watching FX re-runs when I realized they came on everyday and I actually con'ed my boss (the girl who told me about Buffy) into making sure I was off everyday in time to watch the fx re-runs. I was like I'm never gonna get this whole Buffy/Angel thing if I don't see it. The first time I saw her knock him on his butt in the alley I was like ok this could be interesting I mean he is cute but I didn't really "get it" until the episode "Angel" and even then I didn't "get it" until that kiss where the cross burned into his chest. When the camara pulled away and panned down to show that cross that was just it for me. I was a total puddle of Awwwness over that fact that kissing her was worth the pain. That scene (heck that picture) still makes me a puddle of Awwness.

~Kristi
Dark Star
The Powers That Be
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have to agree that I didn't 'get' B/A at first. I always thought Angel was cute, and I liked him with Buffy, but it wasn't until Season 2 that the show really grabbed me.

They get us in the end... Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blood Roses Community Forum Index -> B/A Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: